Problems with BEV

Bronze Member
Username: Mississauga

Post Number: 38
I am getting Scrambled or Bad Signal on BEV Channels. I have double checked and the keys are correct. Any suggestions how this can be corrected. Will Bin 288T help resolve this

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Biverland

Post Number: 76
If you have Fortec Ultra or clone ...YES

I have 288T end bev is OLL OPEN ..venus to
I am in Hamilton area..On.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Bich_d

Toronto

Post Number: 24
what about cool$at 5k?

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 591
I just updated 2 the latest 291 bin....and i still get "Scrambled or Bad Signal" on BEV Channels.

Perhaps snow on dish...don't know at moment. But i suspect there's a prob.

-Pansat 2700a

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7225
cool*sat 5000 and 6000, has new 140 bins out today with Bev fix..

291 bin for Pansat2700 works fine..as does all new pansat bins released last nite...

and all Viewsat bins work fine...and sonicview too..and new captiveworks bins also working with Bev and DN too

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 592
I'm still getting a freezing prob on BEV though.

I have been since, at least, last night (before updating to 291).

Bronze Member
Username: Raging_fisher

Post Number: 77
So many boxes back up and running... When oh when will my ARIZA 700 be up!!

Bronze Member
Username: Destine0429

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 64
Downloaded new bin 288t on my Pansat 2500a clone this afternoon. I noticed that my box will freeze and then shut down and turn itself back on. Is there a fix for this out yet?

Bronze Member
Username: Crazy416

Post Number: 18
anyone else also getting scrambled/bad channel on most of nimiq 2 channels even with the new bin file?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
im using 288t with fortec lifetime ultra

Bronze Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 65
The box freezes and then shuts off and restarts. At one point during a movie, the tv went to "scrambled/bad channel" and the voices were still there. I had to change channels a few times to get the pic back.

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 17
my clone 2700 freezs every 10 mins or so with bin 289. i had 2 other 2700 clones that we fine with this bin. the wonders of electronics!!! LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
keys changed, and it's not autorolling with 288t. going to try enter them manually.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1317
The current 288T and 291 (for 2700) is at best a quickie fix. What you are experceincing is the fact that the speed of your receiver is not good enough for the fast execution of Map 57 and other security related calls. This was predicted way back in September, 2006. Eventually you will have to upgrade to faster receivers or CPUs that work faster. In the meantime, expect a further BIN in a short while.

Bronze Member
Username: Nalbouz

Montreal, QC

Post Number: 92
Hi julie, I have the same problem you mentioned, I reloaded the 288t, and same thing. so may be we should wait or as Nalin said " upgrade to new box" good day

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 593
Nalin, i've been away a few days and i read some posts about map 57 being back... then something about the fix being out....

I'm told that the receiver was fine all week, no interruptions... so was this map 57 re-implemented on all receivers?

Is this latest bin (291) a fix for map 57? -- Map 57 from july '06?

Pansat 2700

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 145
my lava is working good with new288t on bev slow pitures takes 10 or 15 sec for pitures to come in on all channels other then that all is good and my cw600p is working with no problums fast pitures good epg on nimiq1 bev

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7240
Julie..upload factory bin 222 or 224 first, then 288T

Gold Member

Post Number: 1326
Ryerson and others: I will reply in some detail to the best of my understanding. IT IS NOT MY INTENTION to start a controversy. This is some based on many years of experience as a software programmer, including security software, but not particularly based on any current programming expereince of the FTA receivers.
The providers have the ability to do an ECM. There are several Map 57 calls not implemented and there are many techniques that they can use which they have postponed for the time being. For example, they can push an autoroll although you have set the autoroll off. They have proved it. They can do key morphing to the so called 'inactive key' selectively on one number. In short they have under-utilised capabilities to induce an ECM.
Two days ago they produced an ECM on the International channels. It seems Echo 3 was affected. A doubt has been thrown on this statement, and it has been suggested that there was no ECM but a freak storm or something. While I am not discounting this possibility I am saying that it is not a probability. Viewsat who have the source code came out with a solution or had anticipated it and came with a solution before the ECM was implemented. The theory that there was freak reception does not hold ground considering that the Viewsats and the Sonicviews were active, whereas the other receivers were affected. That is strongly in favour of the general theory that it was an ECM. This was followed a day or two later with new BINs from all directions.
Before we could test these BINs against the ECM, the ECM was withdrawn, so now we have situation where people with the 287T (pansat 2500 and clones) or 290 v (Pansat 2700 and clones) are actually seeing less freeze ups than those with 288T and 291v. The extra code that the programmers have put in takes time to execute and you see it in the receptions in the slower receivers.
It is not in the interest of the two giants to implement ECMs which can be countered in a couple of days. They would do it to get a few more to sign up legit. To come out with stronger measures will take time and my experience in this tug-of-war has been that the hacker type of coder is a very clever entity. By not coming at us the two giants are keeping DirectTV and StartChoice in abeyance, because even though there are many non-paying users, they are gaining paid users as well.
Coming back to your question, yes a portion of Map 57 was implemented, and yes the 291 has code to counter the last ECM should they reintroduce it, but it is not needed at present and does cause an extra delay at times and freeze ups in slower receivers.

Username: The_full_one

Post Number: 2
EV Magnum is up with Aux'd 102 or 103, new cardless fix, will be here shortly/1

Username: Roxieroo

Post Number: 1
I have a Multistar 2500A receiver, trying to input the new keys for BEV, can't put in 88 or 89 before keys can only put in 08 or 09, can't get rid of the 0, my son usually does this for me, does anyone know what I'm talking about

Username: Tachance1

St. Catharines, ON Can

Post Number: 2
Can someone tell me where I would find factory bin 222 or 224...experiencing the same problem as Julie with picture freezing and receiver shutting down.

Bronze Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 66
You can try www.dssevolution*com (remove the * and replace it with a .)
My box is still doing the same thing.
I downloaded the new bin for my Pansat 2700(not a clone) I think it's 291, and BEV is working great so far.

Bronze Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 68
Hey LK, I did the factory bin 222 on my box and then reinstalled the 288t. Same probs. Any clues?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
there are some issues with this new 288t bin. im getting scrambled/bad channel on most channels on nimiq 2 with fortec and also sometimes my receiver just shuts and restarts, usually when im changing channels. hopefully, we will see a new, better bin soon to fix all these problems.

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 603
ummm, the older bins have, apparently from what everyone is writing, similar probs....

so, old/new..... it seems nimiq is an issue at the moment regardless of bin.

Username: Tachance1

St. Catharines, ON Can

Post Number: 3
Thanks everyone...guess I will just wait for the new and improved bin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1337
ECM of three days ago '" Yes:
Only latest BIN works (e.g. 288T) but you may get freeze ups which are at times unacceptable.
ECM of three days ago '" No ECM:
Previous BINs and current BIN will work. With 288T you will get more occasional pauses than with 287T.

Currently, the ECM on DN, Echo 3 has been lifted.
The ECM on BEV was lifted for a while but seems to be on again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
This morning, on Echo 3 (61.5W), I was getting all channels, using 287T BIN. 15 minutes ago, some channels were missing, notably SET, ZEETV. The situation was same as 3 days ago.
I loaded the 288T BIN. Autoroll was on. Keys did not roll in. I turned autoroll off, did a "set default keys" and put in the keys manually. The DN keys have not changed since 18th January. After saving, all channels including the missing channels are working fine now.
It seems that they fixed the Map 57 calls with the 288T BIN, but forgot to get autoroll working well.
Anyway, you can enter the keys manually and all channels work.
People with BEV are having problems with the 288T, and it seems it is important to check the keys and enter them manually if necessary

Bronze Member
Username: Kamalrose

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
on my dish azria 700 internations channel are not working .I am getting Scrambled or Bad Signal on BEV Channels . need help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1342
Sharon: Read the post above yours. I don't think a new BIN has come out yet for ariza 700, so you will have to wait for a fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us