Changing to 3 LNB

Username: Yhn280

Post Number: 1
Hi guys. I'm a newbie here and have a general question about changing the LNB on my Direct TV Dish

I currently have a old dish with a single LNB. I can get the regular channels but I need to install a 3 LNB on the dish in order to get the extra channels that's also avaliable under my account. Do I need to get a new dish along with the 3 LNB or can I just buy the 3 LNB alone and install to my exsisting dish?

Thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 369
If you will Call Your provider they will send a installer for free to install a new dish for you. Just tell them you are thiking of changing to the competer (DN) to get more channels and they will come right over to keep you as a customer. We did that with a friend of mine they came right out no charge to him........

If they don't come out for you find a dish not in use and change it out with yours....you will need to run new coax also.....................

You could upgrade your receiver to a DVR then they will come out for sure...the DVR's are usually FREE and worth the 5 bucks a month you will never miss a show again!

I need to be selling for them LoL

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 141
>LOL

Username: Yhn280

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice but I guess I didnt give enought details about my situation

My parents used to have Direct TV and they cancelled it about 2 years ago and their dish is left at their house

Now that I'm a Direct TV subscriber, I just recently ordered a box + card to put in their house for only 10 bux more a month. They don't even have an account with Direct TV anymore so calling them is not an option...

Well I guess your answer to my question is...YES, I do need a new dish along with the 3 LNB and I can't just order the 3 LNB head alone

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 380
naw don't order anything they are all over the place for free or cheep matter of fact today on cragelist for OKC area was a DTV dish that tyou need for 20

they are on ebay also for cheep
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us