Dual LNB mount for 119 and 110

Bronze Member
Username: Dishmaster2000

Post Number: 11
Hello,
I am currently getting 61.5 and 110 on my Pansat 2500a clone (Eaglestar).
110 is awesome because of the PPV and VOD channels.
61.5 only interests me because it shows the UFC, WWE, and other major PPV's live. 110 shows them too, but as a repeat a couple of days later (knowing the results of the matches makes this not that good).
I used to get 119 at my old house and I loved the channels like GSN, KTLA, WB, Sci-Fi, Cartoon Network etc.
I want 119 but don't want to lose 110 or the live PPV's on 61.5. LK's discussion about a "poor mans satellite" (2 LNB's on one Dish)got me thinking. I've searched the web and learned there's a Dual LNB mount to get both 119 and 110. I also saw it at the local Flea market for $10 and and the LNB for $20 and plan on getting them.

The picture of it is confusing me though. Where I live in Canada 119W is 239.6 degrees and an elevation of 26.2 and 110W is 230 degrees and an elevation of 31.1 degrees.

To me that means 119W is approx. 10 degrees to the right of 110W. How come in these pictures the 119 is on the left of 110. I'm confused! Please explain if you can. I want to get things hooked up tomorrow but looking at these pictures is giving me a headache.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 26
I had the same confusion...line up one and you will get the other....

I always watch the PPV's live on either 110 or 119...No problems...repeats are usually on Tuesday's.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7198
Picture is taken from the dish outwards looking at the LNB's

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1444
Clamp for Home made bracket - $1.59
DISEcq Switch for 110&119 - $8.00
Getting Channels for Both Sats - Priceless....

Bronze Member
Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 63
The Poor Mans Dish is the same set up LK helped me with and it works flawless. However, what will the neighbors say to that funky looking dish ? How can you answer their questions when they point and say whats that...... Most dishes I've seen don't look like that ! ! Did DN install a setup like that or what ?..... I've heard it all

Bronze Member
Username: Jedimastermopar

Post Number: 24
Hey evil clone what flea market were they selling that bracket at?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 368
I would strongly suggest you put up a dish just for DN and have your one now for BEV or even better get a motorized dish. I have 3 up here. One for DN, one for BEV, and one with a motor that gets ALL of DN and BEV.

If I didnt have now 3 receivers and had just one I would go with a 33" dish with a Motor.)Efay for 159(.takes a couple hours to set up but after your done WOW all the channels are MINDBLOWING!! Always something on LoL Serting up a motor is as easy as pointing a dish without one

Bronze Member
Username: Dishmaster2000

Post Number: 12
Jedi, The bracket is available at a flea market that's in Etobicoke (Toronto) at the corner of Highway 27 and Albion Rd. The guys located in the back middle section of the area.

Thanks everybody. I'll buy it and try to hook it up tomorrow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us