Need help to load bin on pansat 2700a.

Bronze Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 88
Hi Guys and Gals,

Can someone please help me? I have a pansat 2700 and when I try to load the new bin with the new loader, It did not load. I think it would be the setting on my computer com port. Can someone help me step by step how to change the com port setting on my computer? I have window xp on the computer. thanks
Mick

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 881
do you get any message on the screen????
which cable are you using???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
thanks for your quick reply Nikk. Yes, I think it said "can't open serial port" and I am using the right null cable. I know the cable is working fine cause my friend tried on his. So, I know it will be my port setting. Can anyone help me please?

Silver Member

Post Number: 882
Ok...

check for any program that could be using your port like a palm sync software or anything like that, also check the loader and be sure the loader is pointing to the right serial port, does your friend have a 2700 also???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Anyone please help! need to know how to change the computer setting to load the bin. Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
Go to device manager and select the COM1 port and check the settings.......

Start-->Control Panel-->System-->Device Manager--> Ports (COM & LPT), select COM1 and check the settings........

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
Any time you get the "Can't open serial Port" message means that another application is using your serial port......unless you use the USB to DB9 cable.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Hi Nikk, thanks for your help. I will check that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
when I am in com1, what should I check to see if the setting is right? please help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 896
It can have any speed, normally 19200 or 9600, parity none, 1 stop bit, 8 data bit, flow control none, you can try using different speeds starting with the higher and lowering on each try...

Does your friend have a 2700 too???, you must be sure the cable you are using is the right one.....have you checked for any application that may be using that port???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Thanks again Nikk. I will try to play with the computer setting and see what will happen. My friend is also have the 2700, so I know it will not be the cable. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
Which loader are you using??, maybe it will be a good idea for you to get the original loader from pansatusa.com and try using that one....

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 18
Check to see what is plugged into your computer...Comm one on mine is the top and then two etc...I did that once..took my about 5 minutes to figure it out...

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1299
New BIN 291 for genuine Pansat 2700. DO NOT use on clones.
http://www.dssevolution.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94357

WARNING: All files posted are to be used at your own risk.
X-87BL_070119_291_api.zip (635.9 KB)

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1455
Guys make sure you download the correct loader. it seems people are trying to load ALL pansats with the same loader and that's just not going to work. Normally where you get the bin, you'll be able to get the loader for that model STB. We've posted the correct loader or every STB all over the place.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7213
loader 27.01 for 2700..loader 28.01 for 2800 loader 35.01 for 3500...loader BL updater V1.4 for 2500..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1457
And once again, you have the correct loaders thanks to LK... Please make note of that!

Gracias LK...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us