Where are my New York locals?

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 126
i recently moved from NY to los angeles, so it's safe to say i still watch my NYC locals every night...i lost them starting today; i did a blind scan but they were nowhere to be found...anyone have some input as far as locating wcbs, wnbc, wnye, and wabc?
(cbs 2, nbc 4, fox 5, abc 7)
thanks fellas

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 329
For information on all satellites and channels they offer
[link removed]

Bronze Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 75
you cannot receive your local channels because they are spot beamed to a specific area of the country. You should still be able to receive a couple of locals from the east coast just not from nyc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
yea but i've been having the NYC locals since i moved to LA in march...this only happened since tuesday
actually for the past month, (CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC)..i had a note saying SOON MOVING TO ......

but nowhere to be found...this sucks

Username: David_2

Post Number: 6
try following if you have them

tv8100, tv8101, tv8102, tv8103

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 340
This may be part of the "distant channels removed because of court ruling" problem. That yes has been cover a thousand times here and all forum's.

If you are are wanting to see locals from a diferant part of the country than you are located you may be out of luck now. I think the channels that DN used for distant network channels for those subscribers who could not get locals were in fact out of new york. A court ruling has forced DN to remove them from the lineup. Now DN can only to be fair to the real local network channels "beam" the true local channels to your or my area.

If you do a blind scan of all sat's you can receive you will get ever channel avalible in your part of USA. So in closing just do a blind scan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
thanks fellas for the inputs...i did a blind scan and still no luck

i guess no more NYC channels 4 me :-(

i still catch UPN 9 and CW 11, MSG, SNY and Fox Sportsnet NY...just not cbs, nbc, fox and abc

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 344
Ya i know it sucks at least we knew what was the deal for ya.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
SAMDO, i will try those once i get home tonight..

thanks..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1414
That is part of the "Distant Network" issues. Of course this is still under appeal, but all local networks will now be spot beamed to their respective areas.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7153
Former Distant locals channels for New York City are now Atlanta CONUS channels and the former LA channel spots are now occupied by the San Francisco channels in the 240's on sat 119.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
LK, so does that mean that for a californian it's impossible to get the NYC locals?

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 192
andrew, how u like L.A?( it's the shiat,huh) I had the same problem. my EPG says channels(CBS,NBC,ABC, FOX)are moving to 8000 whatever but i did a blind scan and got all my locals plus the NYC locals back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7170
good trick to do that..

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
i like LA, but i still consider myself a NY-er...i love to watch the knicks games on msg, i follow the mets on SNY...in other words, i need my NY channels bad...let me try another blind scan, i hope i find the NYC locals

thanks kingfish and all others

Gold Member

Post Number: 7179
LA and NY locals are spotbeamed to only their geographical aresa..as of today 18 Jan, Atlanta and Frisco locals has replaced those 242-248 LA/NY channels in CONUS (continental US)..

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
SAMDO, you are right!!!

tv8100, 8101, 8102 and 8103 are the channels im looking for!!!!
so much for all this spotbeaming...

thanks samdo!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us