Pansat 2700a, dp21, Twin & dual lnb, problem getting all channels

Username: Kjpkjp28

Post Number: 1
Hi
I wonder if somebody having similar configuration and have all channels working.
I have
- 2 Dish, 500
- 1 TWIN lnb, 1 Dual LNB
- DP21, taking 2 cables from TWIN and 2 from DUAL.
- I am not sure why guy put bunch of Diplexer thr' out the cable connection in basement as well as behind TV(thats what it says on that tiny splitter looking thing).
- DishNetwork Receiver 322 Dual Tuner
- Pansat 2700A

When i take Wall cable going in 322, and plug into pansat, do blind scan with following config., i get same sets of channels on all 3 satellites. plus hardly 1-2 PPVs.

119 DishEq 1
110 DishEq 2
61.5 DishEq 3
I will appreciate if somebody can help me out here.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1279
Who connected this? If you are using a 322 receiver installed by DN then they also installed a DishProPlus (Fathead) on one of the dish's to get 110 & 119. The other LNB should have been connected the the DishProPlus (Fathead) LNB Input.
If this was just a straight one receiver connection DN 322 (dual tuner) then you will not be able to connect your pansat removing the DN receiver. You will need to connect the Pansat to another cable while having the 322 connected as well.

Bottom line - DishProPlus is not FTA Friendly and that's what is causing your problem. It should not be working on a dp21 since this LNB has a built in switch and all that needs to happen is to run a line into the DN 322 and a line from the DN 322 to the second tv. (dual tuner).

You should be able to run a second line from the LNB to the Pansat, with the above DISEcQ settings, but you will also need to go into antena setup and specify the LNB type "DishPro" and not "Standard"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1280
Here is the diagram of what the setup would look like

Upload

This is courtasy of LK (Thanks!)...

Username: Kjpkjp28

Post Number: 2
Thanks for response.
Looks like the only way, i can get all channels, is bypass DP21 and go with the diagram in previous post.
It confuses the hell out of me, why Dishnetwork guy did this, put bunch of diplexer in whole cabling (atleast 2 i can see, basement and behind TV). He was like give me $25 extra, i will set up 3 tv for future, as far as i know 322 only supports 2 TVs, my girlfriend was home, did not understand what he was saying, said "yes".

With the configuration, i posted, i get all HBO, SHOWTIME, but only 3 PPVs, i thought may be playing around configuration, could fix this.
Is it possible ?
kjpkjp28

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
If you setup the way above you should be able to run the 322 to two tv's and the 2700 to a third tv..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1285
By the way, I have seen this setup before (the one you mentioned) and eliminated all the extra craap and installed as illustrated and it's been working pretty good.

Bronze Member
Username: Rogybe

Post Number: 22
You can hook 322 or any receiver to as many TVs as you wish LOL, you will see just one channel at the time, from 322 you can see 2 channels at the time on any as many TVs you have hooked up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1374
Yes, but you can't do the same with FTA Receivers. In order for it to work, he'll have to eliminate all of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us