Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2

Bronze Member
Username: Mississauga

Post Number: 36
I have one dish and I get Nimiq 1.

Can I get Nimiq 2 also with the same dish or do I need another dish. If I can get it with the same dish do I need any thing else other than a LNB. How should the new LNB aligned in relation to the current LNB for Nimiq 1

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Poser

FTAPlayGround.NETFTAPlayGroun...

Post Number: 108
just need an lnb and a bracket to hook up the 2nd lnb to first one, might need a little fine tuning for the best signal/quality,

while the bracket is a good thing to use, this setup can be done without it by using some tie wrap and a little heavy duty glue to stick the two lnbs together, I've done it and has worked fine.
Good Luck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
btw u need a diseqc switch to conbine the two lnb feeds into one cable going to ur receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
both lnb and switch are available at all fta stores, since ur in mississauga u might wanna try someone close by or from torotno, these guys are in toronto and I've dealt with them before, good peeps with very good prices, check them out:

http://www.globalfta.net

Bronze Member
Username: Mississauga

Post Number: 37
Poser Thank you very much for the useful information. Two more questions

1) I have the diseq switch which I currently use for Nimiq 1, 119 and 148. Can the cable from the new LNB be connected to the same port to which the cable from Nimiq1 is connected or should it be connected to a free port

2) Where should the new LNB be placed relative to the LNB for Nimiq1? To the left or right and any tips on how it should be oriented

Thanks again

Username: Pizza

Post Number: 9
Hi
You have to put lnb 91left to the lnb 82

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 252
left facing the dish or left facing the satellite?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7040
Facing the front of the dish, the lower # satellite LNB is always on the left

example..

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 123
My setup. Metal bracket used is a 110/119 type for DN . the satellites are that same distance apart.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 72
I tried the "poor man's dish" before, I don't know if I'm too far north or what... but I couldn't get the son of a b1tch to work!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7112
Bill...c'mon now...it doesn't getting simpler that the poormans dish!...U need to use one of the hundreds of satellite calculators from ANY REPUTABLE DSS site!

Bronze Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 73
I've tried every possible way with every possible setting... no luck!

By the way, congrats on the HUGE win over the Chargers today... F##K I hope they beat that whimpy b1tch Manning next weekend!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 285
All I have is the free free free poormans dish's I find
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us