Archive through November 11, 2005

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 54
i am very confused on this situation and i have gotten nowhere. ok I have an HP laptop (zv5000) and want to hook it up to my tv and home theatre equipment. what is the best way to do this using composite video or s-video?

arrow224
Unregistered guest
Use s-video, better picture.

To hook it up, connect the s-video cable to the s-video port on your laptop. Then the cable to the s-video port on your tv.

Usually you push funtion + f3 or f4 I think to allow the laptop to display on laptop screen, external moniter or both.

Turn the tv channel to AV1 or whatever you plugged it into. It should work.

Unregistered guest
i have dell insprion 2650 .I dont have any s-video out ,would it possible to connect my laptop to TV ?

Username: Zedsimon

Post Number: 4
Once the set is hooked up, adjust your PC's resolution to 640x480 to match the output of the TV.

Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 10
Quote by Tejas:
i have dell insprion 2650 .I dont have any s-video out ,would it possible to connect my laptop to TV ?

Yes, it would. Use a VGA lead to go from your moniter out (blue rectangular plug) to the VGA in on your TV. That is assuming you have VGA in /computer in on your TV.

mjb4
Unregistered guest
i'm trying to hook up my toshiba laptop to by big-screen zenith TV, what are all the connections that i need, and what do they typically cost

Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 5
This article seems to have tons of information about how to hook up a computer to your TV. I found it at my new favorite site TechLore ( www.techlore.com ).

Here's a link to the article: http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/

Anonymous

Hello,

I have an inspirion 1150 with no S video port .How can i connect from laptop to TV. My Tv has only RCA ports.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Quote by Anonymous:

Hello,

I have an inspirion 1150 with no S video port .How can i connect from laptop to TV. My Tv has only RCA ports.

With that, you can really connect it to the TV, unless you can find a VGA (or d-sub) to s-video or composite adapter.

Your TV may have computer in, that is, VGA in. Get a VGA lead, and plug it in. Set the laptop to output to external moniter, and you should have an image on the TV.

Unregistered guest
i have a compaq laptop, it has a s-video, i connected it to my tv s-video, so i can use my tv as a monitor, it worked the 1st time, but when i full screen my windows media player, my tv screen went blank, and till now i cant figure out on what to do, would some one pls help

Unregistered guest
I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop and I want to connect it to my t.v. I already got an S-video cable and I connected it to the T.V. but I don't know what channel to put the tv on.

Ashley Hopper
Unregistered guest
Hi i have a PC without an S-video i was wondering if there is anyway. All my tv has is a scart socket and an arial socket

dal remmos
Unregistered guest
well here's some info you might like to know!! if you are creative enough and not a tech nerd you will discover that you are able to hook up your laptop to your tv using the 3.5 mm cable for a digital video camera. in display settings, set up second monitor as primary monitor. reduce resolution to lowest. then simply plug in the cable. hey presto! there it is. enjoy

Anonymous

Hi. I have an hp ze 5300 laptop. it has a " go to TV' button above the keyboard, which worked well when i first bought the laptop. and when i bought it, MS WindowsXP Home eition was installed on it. But after I installed XP Professional edition, it never worked again and I can't figure out why. Does anybody have an idea why? By the way My laptop has an S-video out.

Unregistered guest
I have a Toshiba Equium Laptop and am wanting to view the DVD feature on my TV. My TV is fairly old but still has a scart and aerial port. I have a s-video to scart adapter cable and thought it would be as easy as plugging it in and watching it... but its not. I have the audio from my DVD on my TV but no picture. I've tried going into display properties on my laptop and enabling different things but nothing seems to work. Plus, I have 'Toshiba hotkeys' on the f1, f2, f3, functions (which I don't know how to disable!) so don't know if this makes a difference. Do I need a special graphics card or anything? Help. please!!! :-)

ryanfindinghelp
Unregistered guest
Hey my laptop is a dell inspiron 4000 with s-video capability and my tv has s-video output in the back. I just bought the s-video cable last nite and hooked it up only to see the computer image on the tv for about 5 seconds before the laptop took over the monitor. How do i set the laptop to external monitor?? Someone please tell me in detail so i can fix this problem.
thanks

Just sum guy
Unregistered guest
hi, i just have a quick question, i've been trying to connect ny laptop (toshiba sattelite m35x) to my t.v., but i have no s vieo, is there anyway i can connect it using usb or firewire, like by using an adapter to plug it into the red yellow and white cables in my tv? jw.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
For all the above posts, go here:

http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/

It will tell you everything you need to know. And please, if you have a problem of your own, make a new thread. It is not that hard is it?

xty
Unregistered guest
I have check the article given but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I have HP Compaq nx9105 laptop with VGA-out and S-Video out port. I have a color TV with only RCA-in port. I bought an S-Video-to-RCA cable to hook the laptop to TV.

I can see the image but it's in black and white and shaky image. I tried to change the TV's color system to Auto/PAL/NTSC but no change.

I haven't tried to reduce the resolution of my laptop to 640x480 though. Is it because of this or something else?

What is the diagram of the S-Video socket (4 pins) on the laptop?

I'm a techie user, so don't hesitate to talk about tech. Thank you.

Anonymous

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with an s-video jack. I want to hook it up to my TV to use my TV as a monitor. I read the techlore 10061 article, but my TV does not have anything but the red, yellow, and white things. Is there a cable that will work? I contacted Dell and they confirmed that I do have the appropriate software.

Char
Unregistered guest
I have a Compaq Armada 1750 laptop that I'm trying to hook up to a TV. I bought a composite video cable (which was recommended to me), plugged it into the laptop and the yellow connection on the TV. I don't get my computer screen on my TV. What else do I need to do? I'm not very techie!

Hauser
Unregistered guest
"And please, if you have a problem of your own, make a new thread. It is not that hard is it?"

Apparently this thread is called 'Hooking up a laptop to tv??' which is basically what everyone is asking about, this makes sense to me. So stop being a smart sod!

Unregistered guest
I have an IBM R51 laptop is it possible to connect it to my sony projection tv, i have an S-video cable and do not know what to do

Unregistered guest
I have an IBM R51 laptop is it possible to connect it to my sony projection tv, i have an S-video cable and do not know what to do

Tagbo
Unregistered guest
I have a laptop without the s video port. How do it connect it to a TV video in (typical yellow port) from the USB or the VGA port?

Unregistered guest
I have an inspiron 8100 and a s-video conector. I can get it hooked up and a picture on tv, but on my display panel it will ONLY allow me to use the secondary monitor to EXPAND my picture to. It will not allow me to use the tv as my whole desktop or my primary monitor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 20
xty: The image is shaky because you're used to seeing PC images displayed progressively. When interlaced, they don't look nearly as good.

Second, the black and white issue is probably caused by S-vid to RCA adaptor. Anytime you have an S-vid connection that is only black and white is a common S-vid problem. The adaptor you have is probably faulty.

Trey, there is an adjustment you can make to set the external as your primary monitor. It's in the advanced graphics seettings from the display tab. Go here for help on this: http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/11241/

Unregistered guest
I have a Vaio laptop that has a place to hook up a computer monitor,(a 15 pin VGA I think) a mic and headphone jack, a small square thing with "s400" and an "i" like symbol, 2 USB ports, and of course the memory stick slot and the opening for the Cdrom.

The tv I want to connect to only has those lovely red yellow and white connections.

Is this possible and also, can it be done cheaply as I need the hookup for indoctinations for an organization.

PLease EMAIL responses to me!

Anonymous

k i have the same problem as elizabath c and i want to hook up my computer to a tv and all that and all i have is a vga 15 pin or whatever comes with a modern pc (every thing standerd just minus the modern video card stuff) and on the tv set a cable conection and the video audio jacx + s-video connection) (p.s. really don't care about the video quality) can ppl e-mail me or post because i saved this page or w/e if someone gets an anser... my email is darklink_revived@hotmail.com

Anonymous

nvm i'll just go to friken radio shack

charizzle
Unregistered guest
I've a question my labtop has a VGA out port. My television has a scart. Is it possible to hook my pc on my tv without buying stuf? (except a cable)

anonymuser
Unregistered guest
my satellite r15 is connected to the my jvc tv using the s-video cable,the tv is set to the correct input but yet i get no picture...is there something i need to set on my computer?

Unregistered guest
Hi, i am having laptop with S-video port with it but when i connect my laptop to TV through S-Video port it does not show any thing on TV even after changing the resolution & AV1, AV2 . what can i do to resolve the problem

Unregistered guest
Hi, i have the same problem like Elizabeth, i have a Sony PCG- K23 Vaio laptop with 15 pin VGA, AV out jack, microphone jack, headphone jack, i.LINK S400 port.
and the TV to which i would like to connect has cable/antenna jack, video(in), L/MONO and R(audio) jacks.

how can i connect my laptop to TV and which cable do i need to buy. could u please email ... my email is srijavvaji@yahoo.com

OffTheTopOfMyHead
Unregistered guest
If your computer has no RCA or S-Video out, you guys should buy something like this (doesn't seem to cost much

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D6784666066

(http://search.ebay.com/vga-rca-converter_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1 for more options)

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have an old Compaq Armada E700 with a Rage Mobility Graphics card. Now, the card says it has a tv-out, and I noticed on the left side of my lap top there is a small port with a symbol of a TV beside it.. So, it must be the tv-out port. but, the port looks like it takes a funny cable. not one that I recognize.. it's not s-video nor RCA.. it's small, smlim and looks like it accepts 4 pins. Almost like an ieee port, but smaller.. I've searched the web for a cord that would fit, but can't find anything.. can anyone help? Thanks

lymirist
Unregistered guest
how do i connect my inspiron 6000 to my tv? what cables to i need

Unregistered guest
I have an Compaq Laptop M2001AL Model, Now how can i connect it to my TV (Model LG Flatron 15")
or what port shoul i buy?

Unregistered guest
Hello, i want to hook my laptop (acer Travelmate 254 ELCi) to my tv (Sony LCD TV), my laptop has VGA port, but i don't know how to find out if the VGA card of my laptop has TV-Out, i have been looking in the manuals but i did not find anything refering to it. My TV has S-video. Could somebody tell me how to find out if my VGA has TV-Out and if my VGA card has not TV-out how can i hook my laptop to my TV.
Thanks in advance, please email me at: jeaninelucca@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
which is better a VGAport or s video port and why?

Username: Madamg2u

Post Number: 4
I have a Dell 1000 (I know not the greatest) but can this be hooked to my JVC G series?

MadamG2U

Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm looking to connect my laptop (acer travelmate 4000) to a plasma tv. I have a surround sound system hooked up to the tv. If i play music & dvds on my laptop will it play through the surround sound. What cables will i need to do all this?
Thank you. poreilly1978@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Is it possible to connect a Gateway 600YG2 Laptop to a TV? If so, which of the outputs would I use? Thanks!

woody05
Unregistered guest
hi iam interesten in hooking up my pc to my tv i dont have a clue how 2 go about it can someone help me eg tell me were to get the stuff to do it and how

Edwins
Unregistered guest
Hey all.
My problem is this:

I have a laptop screen sittin aroud.
I need a screen for my Playstation 2.
There already are PS2 to VGA adaptors,
and I was wondering if anyone knows
where to get a VGA to notebook/laptop
screen adapter, or if it even exists...

All help would be appreciated.

(also, if anyone knows the signals for
each wire, i could wire it myself. thnx)

Unregistered guest
hi... i have successfully connected my pc to my tv. My problem is as follows...

i would like to view live screeming video from the internet on my TV... this is the main reason to my i connected my pc to my tv...

when my link loads up with windows media player(9), the visuals are only on my PC monitor in media player... and wont load up on my tv.... media player just remains blank on my tv... but works as normal on my pc monitor... what do i need to do to get it working on my TV also???

if someone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated!!

BlokemasterJ
Unregistered guest
In your PC display properties, try setting the TV (monitor 2) as the primary monitor.

JaneDoe2e42342
Unregistered guest
i have an dell inspirion 1000 is it possible to connect it to the tv

ynos
Unregistered guest
I have a PCG-xa36 Vaio laptop and i would really like to connect it to my Tv that only has RCA ports. On the left side of the laptop is a yellow port that i think is for the video output. How can i connect it, ive tryied many ways.

KRaj
Unregistered guest
I also have the same yellow port - I have a PCG-K415B Vaio Laptop, though I don't have a clue how to connect to the TV. I have scart ports and the coloured composite ports, and s-video. I know that my laptop port is not s-video. What cables do i use?

RajK
Unregistered guest
I have a PCG-K415B Vaio laptop, and I have the same yellow video port. I know it is not s-video, but i don't have a clue what cables to use. does anyone know how to connect it to the tv?

YOU GUYS ARE STUPID
Unregistered guest
You guys are all retarded.
can you not figure this crap out? seriously.

YOU ARE ALL ASKING THE SAME QUESTION.. its already been answered like 50 times..
learn to read a forum you stupid asshats.

Username: Rek

Post Number: 1
I read this whole thread and still can't figure out what is the BEST way to do this. arrow224 says "Use s-video, better picture." but the techlore article says s-video will yield the least desirable image quality. So what do people here think gets the best image quality? I am currently shopping for a laptop and new tv, so which connections should I get it with?

Username: Yankee_qh

hello, I read all the posts through. But I can not find a good solution for my case. My laptop is vaio PCG-V505DC2 having a VGA output. My TV has only RCA inputs. I used a VGA to RCA video converter to connect my laptop and TV as mentioned by OffTheTopOfMyHead.My TV has a blue screen. The problem is that I can not set TV as the primary moniter, because the box before "use this device as primary moniter" is gray and not checkable.Another problem is that after I checked the box"extend my window desktop onto this moniter" , I clicked "apply" or "OK". Nothing happeded, and the status was not changed.
Could anyone help me solve these problems?
Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

Hi i have an inspiron 6000, and from the what i have read above it is possible to connect it to a TV, can anyone tell if just as i can sent information to the TV from the laptop, can i also receive, i.e. watch live tv programs on the laptop?

Arjun Punia
Unregistered guest
i have a hp pavilion zt3000 with 6-pin S-video socket, i am using a 4 pin SVHS to RCA adaptor to connect it to the tv. Everything works fine but when i watch a movie in Media Player, the area where the movie is playig, shows as a black rectangle. Are my resolution settings too high for the tv or do i need a 6-pin SVHS plug?

Username: Razpurple

I have...
Laptop-----Dell Inspiron 600m with S-Video

TV---------red, yellow, and white things

Cable------?????????

Want------ to watch movies on TV from laptop

Please help

Thanks

Anonymous

I have successfully connected laptops to a tv many times before, but i am now trying to connect a toshiba laptop to a tv sceen to watch a dvd. When i connect it and press function crt it will put a pic on the tv screen only for a few seconds before the pic goes back onto the laptop screen. Can anyone help me please??

seanowens
Unregistered guest
I have a toshiba satellite also. I recently purchased an S-video to scart cable to connect my laptop to my tv but am usure how to get my TV to display my laptop?

Ummmmm...
Unregistered guest
Ok, here's my deal. I have the appropriate cable to connect between my Sony Vaio PCG-K23 and my RCA ready TV. My cable has the 4 conductors on the 1/8" plug end, and also has the Red, White, and Yellow (Right audio, Left audio, and Video) RCA plugs on its opposite end. It's a Monster Cable brand, it's overall color is Blue, but that's beside the point. My problem is I can only get Audio from my laptop to my TV, when it's jacked into the Yellow 1/8" plug on my laptop. Do I need to do something on the laptop to enable video to be displayed on the TV? I know to set my TV to the right input....

Unregistered guest
hi i can get my laptop to show up on my tv through the svideo port but when i try and play a movie the image only comes up black

Rafe Hunt
Unregistered guest
I need help badly!! Please can someone tell me how to conect my gamecube to my acer laptop. The laptop seems to have AV ports in the front but I can't get it to work!!! Please help me!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
wow this has to be the most hijacked thread ever!! thanks to all of you who decided to jack my thread rather than starting your own!

Unregistered guest
i have a toshiba satellite laptop & a toshiba television and i would like to connect it to my tv where can i find a s-video cable?

Unregistered guest
i have a toshiba satellite laptop & a toshiba television and i would like to connect it to my tv where can i find a s-video cable?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
and people still continue to jack my thread! wow

you guys do know that you can start your own right.

havent u guys noticed so many people asking the same questions and not getting any answers???

Anonymous

HAHAHAHHA OMG SO MANY QUESTIONS SO FEW ANSWERS... LAME idiots...

Unregistered guest
I have a packardbell laptop L4013 and this have RCA TV out. Could please let me how I can connect my laptop to TV(TV have RCA/S-Video/VGA).

Unregistered guest
i have a dell lattitude c640 when i hook it onto my tv i just see the wallpaper on the screen i cant see any icons displayed

Dumbass#5001
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a (BLANK GENERIC LAPTOP NAME)and I'm trying to connect it to my (BLANK GENERIC TV NAME)what cable do I need?

Oh wait, maybe I sould use an owners group forum for my models of tv and pc... that might help.

Nah, I'll be a Raging TOOL like every other loser on this forum and hope that maybe someone will see my post amoungst the billion other retarded identical posts and answer me.

waxerman
Unregistered guest
HEY

Obviously you sh;t head morons who think you run the digital world as we see it, havn't been give a decent answer to any of these honest people. Stop feeling so high and mighty and start helping someone out, you may just feel a little better about yourself.

hello123
Unregistered guest
ramireddy if laptop has rca out and tv has rca in, try to connect them with an rca cable

mickey81 try moving your mouse left right you will see the rest, if this happens it is because your laptops resolution is higher than what tv can display

manny b most stores that sell tvs sell s-video cables

ummmmmmm go to control panel display, and then advanced or something like that, depends what video card you have but look around there

hello123
Unregistered guest
i have an acer aspire 2023 laptop. it has s-video and vga outputs. i also have an hdtv so i would rather use vga instead of s-video to get full resolutions.

does anyone know whether the vga output can output component signal and not rca? this way i can use a simple vga to component adaptor and not have to get a transcoder.

thank you

Unregistered guest
I have a Toshiba Satellite A10/A15 Series laptop and would like to run my picture slideshows on my Sony TV. The laptop has a VGA port and the TV has an s-video port and RCA adapter ports. I have an adapter that goes from the VGA port to s-video/RCA ports, but can't get a viewable picture on the TV--get three very fuzzy images of the same picture. Any suggestions?

fx
Unregistered guest
Sony manuals explicitly state they are not compatible with PC's. Whether this is in fact true I don't know but I do not know anyone yet who has been succesful using your method Tony.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
we hooked up our laptop to our tv 42" plasma using an s video connection. The picture is really blurry. Any suggestions as to how to correct this problem??

Username: Niterose

I am very confused on this situation and i have gotten nowhere. ok I have an LG laptop (LM50) and want to hook it up to my tv. what is the best way to do this ,my tv is toshiba 28w23b and has only scart plugs?

Unregistered guest
I have a acer aspire 3002 wlci laptop no s-video how do I connect to television what type of cable do I use do i change anything in my programs

sahil
Unregistered guest
hi i have inspiron 1150 with no s video i have want to watch video in tv from my laptop how do i do it with out s video. plz help

turbunator
Unregistered guest
hi, i have a sony vaio laptop and i have a samsung tv with a computer input, i can connect up the laptop to the tv but how do i get the sound on the tv?

Asus Laptop
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a Asus laptop with s video. I have a sony tv. How do i connect them? Plz help

45ksSTFU
Unregistered guest
DUDE STFU, AND GOOGLE YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE POSTING HERE (GEEZEZ F-UCKING CHRIST!!)..I JUST GOOGLE 80% OF THE QUESTIONS ASKED HERE AND FOUND SITES WITH ILLUSTRATED INSTRUCTIONS...YOUR WASTING EVERYONES TIME.....CHECK OUT THE SITES LISTED ON THIS FORUM AND FOR GOD SAKES GOOGLE YOUR SHI-T!!! YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER IN A HEARTBEAT.

Asus Laptop
Unregistered guest
FIRST OF ALL I'M NOT A DUDE, I'M A GIRL. SECONDLY I TRIED GOOGLING MY QUESTION & COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING SO YOU SHUT THE F**K UP & DON'T BE SUCH AN A**HOLE

Username: Kshank

Hello...i have a compaq presario 2100...i bought a s-video cable. My computer and my tv both have an s-video. My problem is that when i connect my laptop to my tv, it works and i can see everything on the tv. However, i don't have any sound and dont have any rca outputs on my laptop. How do i get sound on my tv?? please if you know the answer email me shanky13@aol.com i would definately appreciate it

DELL INSPIRON 9300
Unregistered guest
HI I HAVE CONNECTED MY LAPTOP TO MY TV I HAVE A DELL INSPIRON 9300 AND HAVE GOT THE PICTURE AND EVERY THING COMING UP FINE BUT WHEN I CONNECT MY ''EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE'' THE PICTURE ON THE TV HAS STRIPS OF FUZZINESS ACROSS IT!!

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THE FUZZINESS AS I NEED TO USE THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AS ALL MY MOVIES ARE STORED ON IT?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP I HAVE GOOGLED IT BUT ITS A STRANGE ONE AND DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHAT TO SEARCH UNDER THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BROOKE_ESCUDIER@HOTMAIL.COM

PinoyRonnie
Unregistered guest
Ynos, Kraj(or Sony PC / Laptop owners),

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 01:15 am:

I have a PCG-xa36 Vaio laptop and i would really like to connect it to my Tv that only has RCA ports. On the left side of the laptop is a yellow port that i think is for the video output. How can i connect it, ive tryied many ways.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- the yellow port may not be a video out. i saw the same port on the back of my motherboard, checked the manual, and it said "S/PDIF out jack". S/PDIF, even though it uses the same RCA cable for video in of your TV, is an audio format so i doubt if you'll ever get any video out of it.

Btw, "S" in "S/PDIF" stands for "Sony"

Moral Lesson: PC/Laptop owners please consult your manuals to save yourself a lot of time figuring out what something does.

damo444
Unregistered guest
For anyone who can't get sound with their picture, it is because the s-video cable only delivers video. To get the audio I would recommend buying a RCA-headphone jack adapter, they cost about $3 at Radio Shack. So you connect an RCA (red and white) to your TV, plug the other end in to the adapter, and the adapter in to the headphone or line-out plug in your laptop.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to connect my compaq Presario M2000 laptop to my lcd television. I have connected svideow on both sides but television screen is blank. nothing happens. Help me out Thanks.

EthanL
Unregistered guest
Everyone seems to think forums are just packed with people whose only joy in life is answering stupid questions. Well, get used to it - most people have a life!

Occasionally you will find someone who enjoys answering stupid questions, and I'm one of those people.

Here's what you do. Find an old monitor, preferably one that doesn't work anymore. Cut the cable off. Use a knife (be careful!) to trim back the outer covering, and expose the wires inside. Pick any two of them. Strip the insulation off. Get an RCA to RCA patch cord you don't care about, cut one end off. Do the same thing to it (separate the wires and strip the insulation off). Hook the two wires from the monitor connector to the two from the patch cord, then plug the monitor connector into your laptop's VGA output. Plug the RCA plug into any old RCA jack on the back of your TV. If it doesn't blow up, check to see if it works. If it doesn't work, switch the wires around. If it still doesn't work, strip some more wires from the VGA cable and try them instead. If no combination of wires works, or if your TV or laptop quit working or blow up, well, at least you tried SOMETHING. Oh, and I can't be held responsible for anything I say here.
:P

Now for those not stupid, read carefully.

If your laptop has an S-video output, and your TV does too, use an S-video cable. If you can't use an S-video cable, get a VGA to NTSC (assuming you use NTSC) converter box. Plug it into the VGA output on your laptop, and plug the RCA plug into your TV's VIDEO IN (usually a yellow RCA jack). Select the external video input on your TV and the VGA output on your laptop. If this doesn't make you happy, then Click Here.

I could go on and on, but I won't without a better reason. If I see a bunch more stupid questions, I might give some more stupid answers. After all, they're free!

adolph the pin hunter
Unregistered guest
Where are the luminance, luminance ground, chrominance, and chrominance ground pins for s-video on an ati 3d rage lt pro agp 2x 8mb circa 1999.

It has a 7-pin female mini-din tv-out connector; not the usual type of 7-pin female mini-din; it's one of these http://pinouts.ru/connector/7_pin_MINI-DIN_female_key_in_the_center_connector.sh tml

Apparrently some Compaq Presario 53XX computers had these oddball connectors.

if you can answer this, you are God.

adolph's mate
Unregistered guest
Looking into connector on card:

O 1 O 2

O 3 O 4

5 O O O 7

1 - luminance ground
2 - chrominance ground
3 - luminance
4 - chrominance
5 - composite ground
6 - unknown function, unneeded for video
7 - composite video

all grounds appear to be electrically interchangeable

Unregistered guest
i tryed function and f4 together but it will not work , is there another way?

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
we have IBM R51 Laptop in our office we need to give presentaions in televison from this so how can we connect my laptop to television.give me with detailed view with pictures or video format

Anonymous

I can see my laptop background image but nothing else after connect my IBM T42 and my TV with s-video cable. Any idea?

Anonymous

I have connected my laptop to plasma tv with S-video connection.....but i can't see the streaming video on plasma display but i could able to see it on my laptop. can you please help on this........i wanted to see live cricket match on my plasma tv instead of laptopscreen. .......please help

Unregistered guest
I have an acer aspire 3000 laptop that im trying to hook up to my television. The current set up I am using is as follows. I have no s-video jack on my computer, therefore i purchased an adapter that goes from vga to s-video. I have an s-video cable connected from the s-video adapter to the s-video slot on my television. I've tried altering the display settings on my laptop and i'm on the right channel on my televion. I know the connection is working properly because I can see an image its just highly distorted. I was wondering if anyone could help to correct my problem whatever it may be.

Sreedhar Mohan
Unregistered guest
Hi! there is no point in cursing people who are repeatedly asking questions. They may be really struggling to do the setup.

After reading many postings, I could successfully managed to use S-Video from my Dell Latitude D600.

It originally had Mobility Radeon 9000. I 've downloaded the Omega display driver at http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/omegadrive.htm

The info in Omega Driver download site said, it works for every ATI driver. So, I 've selected "rad_w2kxp_omega_2675a_7z.exe" from the list. I took a risk, as I can restore anything while I am at work with my company's dektop support.

Basically there are two things to remeber.

1. The video signals should be detected by TV automatically. If not, then we need to force the TV detection.

2. Video plays only in one monitor, that is in primary monitor. So, we need to make the TV as primary monitor.

Also, S-video transfers only video. So for audio, take audio output from laptop to connect to TV RCA audio pins.

Navigate, Display->Settings -> Advanced ->Displays

Select TV as start, and select laptop monitor as stop (toggle with power-on/off icon for both these options).

There you go!

Username: Sksoni75

Post Number: 2
Hi Experts,

I have compaq N800C Notebook and Tech Com External TV Tuner card, I want to connect it with my laptop. can i do this please sugget. How and what are the requirments.

Rgds
Santosh
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us