Whats "UP" ?

Username: Burtgtp1973

Bourbonnais, Il USA

Post Number: 3
I have been out of the game for a while. It's good to see everyone still working hard to keep things "up and running". Here is my question, I'm looking to get a FTA receiver with dolby digital capabilities and POSSIBLY HD (high DEF). Are there any such units out there right now? I have been watching my cable box and I'm ready to throw it out the window. Any other extra info anyone cares to pass along will be greatly appreciated. I dont know the 1st thing about choosing a FTA unit at this point. Hopefully you guys & gals? can shed some light for me.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 502
Viewsat viewsat viewsat...someone else may provide model.

I have a pansat....but i'd go with viewsat now.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 183
Yes the viewsat I have now a extreme was easy as pie to set up and the pansat 3500 I have also is a fight daily. So My short answer is go grab a old free 18" and buy a viewsat. Oh and yes HD receivers are comming out now I saw a $700 price so I would wait..their is a thread here on the HD receiver

Username: Ftalife4

Post Number: 5
If you mean an optical cable output
i would look at viewsat ultra
neusat sp 6000
neusat sp 6000 plus
all have usb updates which is nice.
Also look at hot new box Neosat IPRO 2000 if you can get one (has external hd pvr capability and runs on iks.
I also agree with jay, let someone else pay for research and develpoment and let prices come down. When all bugs are out and there is a clear leader for hd get that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us