Multiswitch for pansat 3500sd?

Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 6
Should I get a dish pro multiswitch or any regular good brand multiswitch. I have 2 dish 500 dishes and dish pro lnbs. I was thinking to buy another receiver for my bedroom.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 637
If you plan in the future to have more than two receivers dp switch is best.If you have dual lnb's and only want two receivers a diseq is best.If you plan on using a echostar receiver then dp also.There are many mays to skin a cat,lol.you should read up on switches and receivers capatibilty's before u buy.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6847
Since U already have 2 Dish 500 DP twins dishes, and can get 4 sats (82-91, 110-119) with 2 receivers using 2 disque switches($7 each), U are fine...unless U want a 3rd receiver or 4th, then I suggest a DP multiswitch..

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the reply guys. I am keeping my Diseq switch outside my house near the satellite dish. Since my house is prewired with RG6 cable, the one it says to Receiver in switch its connected to the prewired cable outside my house and my receiver is connected to the cable jack. In my master bedroom closet I can see this prewired cables. Now do I put multi-switch there or outside of the house. And diseq switch in the closet or vice versa. I know that i am supposed to put diseq switch close the receiver since it looses reception and i am experiencing bad receptions sometimes i get no signal when i am changing channels. Needs bit more guidance.
Thanks Guys

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1107
John - I think what LK was saying was use either the two DISECQ switches for two receivers or a multiswitch for 3 or more. But don't use both at the same time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1108
I will recommend that whatever switch you use, keep it accesible so if you have to trouble shot or change it, you don't have to climb on the roof.

Post Number: 8
So where should i put my multiswitch outside or in the closet. I I use disecq switch i loose reception sometimes. And also which place do u guys recommend to buy multiswitch from. I found some on ebay but they were used ones. Should I buy used one or new ones?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1109
I wouldn't bother buying a used one, but that's just me. I would put it inside away from the elements. And even though you are only running two receivers, if you house is already wired, then go with the multi-switch. Take advantage of it. You never know when you will upgrade.

Username: Sonirohi

Post Number: 4
Hello,

I have following:

Dish500 with Dishpro Twin LNB for 110 and 119,
Dish300 with Legacy LNB,
Fortec Ultra Receiver and
DisEq switch.

Can someone explain how they should be connected?
and how they should be setup?

Thanks

John Weaver

Post Number: 9
If i buy multi-switch will i have any problem powering up the switch. Because I read somewhere that u need to have dish network receiver to power up that switch. Can I get any multiswitch or dish pro switch
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1113
DP switch will do the job. Depending on which one you get you may need a power insert. But the DP34 works pretty decent and doesn't need a power insert. (I again remind everyone this is based on my own testing and installations)...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1114
Rohit - That question has been answered so many time in this forun that even if you weren't looking you'd run into the answer. Do a little reading and you will find the answer. It is a simple one.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6853
LMAO...nice work PRFRMNJ

For some reason, this site wouldn't allow me to post the past few hours, ONLY read... U've got all the correct answers...hell, I can kick back now, and watch all of U help the newbies..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1122
Thanks LK... Just trying to keep up with your work! LOL...

You did mis a good one in the spanish thread. Newbie comes in asking what cable he needs for pansat 2700 and instruction on how to flash which I had just posted for the fifth hundred time two posts before his. I guess you know the answer I gave him... LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us