Transponder problem (LK help!)

Username: Littleglow

Post Number: 8
I'm not getting channels from tp 12, 13 or 17 on Echo7 and tp 29 from echo8/10. Any suggestions???

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 289
I think some of these are the distant locals
Which no longer available in some states or regions
It won't hurt to do blind scan followed by Sat Chan Scan but still may not get any of them.

Also depending on receiver may want to reset to factory default then do blind scan followed by Sat Chan Scan. just tell me what state you R in and what receiver U got along with channels U R missing BEFORE YOU RESET
Because this will reset all of your channels and look for any new TPs.
Good luck

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1060
Compare the channels you have available with the channel line up card from DN. You may not be missing any channels other then what King has stated above.

What type of receiver do you have?
What is the antena configuration?
Are you running any switches?
What type of dish and LNB are you using?

Need that information to give you more specific help. I don't recommend doing "Blind Scan" followed by "Sat Scan" as this will duplicate your channels. If you do a Factory Reset then you will need to reconfigure you antenas and then do a "Blind Scan" only! If all you do is erase your channels then do a "Sat Scan" only.

Last but not least, depending on your receiver, you may just want to load a channel list.

Post Number: 9
I have a fortec lifetime ultra.....everything is the same as it was before the big ecm hit....the only difference is I don't have any locals, comedy central, discover health, lifetime, speed, spike, tbs, turner classic movies, tvland, VH1, WE, Cinemax or MoreMax...is only a few channels but have all the rest, and it matches the current lineup except for those....I had the locals before the ecm...I just can't find them now?? Thanks for the help!

Post Number: 10
according to lyngsat they're there....just not at my house....

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 617
Do a factory reset,Followed by a hard reboot<power>.Then set your lnb's to standard,Lnbfreq:11250,22kz off,then your diseq config;When in the ANT setup menu click TP settings right or left a couple times,changing the tp until you get a strong quality reading,then exit and do the blind scan.Sometimes the receiver will miss tp's if its not locked on that sat before the blind scan.In other words it starts scanning before it got a lock ,missing tp's.Try that it should work no prob's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1063
SatScanner - If they are using DishPro LNB's then they need to set the LNB type to dishpro or it will not work. This is the reason I ask everyone to specify what it is they have...

Bottleblonde - Please refer to my post #1060 and provide that information so we can correctly advise you. Otherwise all we've done is guess at your problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I've got a dish500....and was told to set my lnb to standard....we had someone else program the receiver but I decided when the fix was out to try it myself, and I actually did it! I followed to a tee instructions but when it got to lnb it said to put in standard, freq. 11250, 22Khz on,off,off,diseqc 1,2,3, no skew(I don't have a motor)tp 12224v20.00, positioner disable and sat scan all. on the dtv dish there is only one thing in front vs. the dish dish which has two...and that's the one that's connected to my FLU....did that help? yeah I know I need to go back to bottlebrown.....:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1065
BB - I still don't know and you haven't told me what type of LNB. Is it a DishPro (Twin/Quad) or is it a DishProPlus. Two single LNB's. All of this matters in the setup. First if you are using a DishPro(Twin/Quad) then you LNB should be DishPro and your 22khz should be off on both birds. Last but not least the DISEqC setting should be 119 to #1 and 110 to #2. But you have to make sure you are using a DishPro. This has a internal switch set as I just told you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1066
Last but not least - Skew has nothing to do with the motor! That's used for the positioner. Please find out what LNB and I should be able to help you out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I believe it's two separate single LNB's....I can run two receivers off that one dish...did that help? my dish says dishpro 500...but I cannot tell you what it is....it was installed for me and I didn't ask any questions until the ECM...and I appreciate your help PR, and king, and sat

Gold Member

Post Number: 1067
You are going to need to get someone to climb on the roof and find out. Either way, for now change the setting in your antena setup as follows:

LNB = Standard
22khz = Off
DISEcQ = 110 - 1 & 119 - 2 (respectively)

Everything else is okay. Then do a blind scan and this should solve your problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1068
Check that -

DISEcQ = 119 - 1 & 110 - 2

I posted that backwards above 119 = 1 and 110 = 2

Make sure you have it set up this way... (I hope whomever installed it set the switch the same way, otherwise you'll really need to get on the roof and look

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
You can identify the sat by the channel list.If it has CNN it's Echo 7/119w if it's has "home" it's Echo8/10 110w.No need to go on the roof.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1069
SatScanner - That was not the question. She needs to identify her LNB type as well as the connection. That you cannot do unless you physically look at what's there. Don't confuse her any more then she already is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1075
BB - What's the status of your problem? Have you been able to resolve it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
I've noticed some signals/tp's on Echo 7 have dropped down to 29%.I used to get them 90% plus.I'm still pulling them in .lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1076
Sat - I had that problem as well, but this was when they were reorganizing their channels. Don't know why but after rescanning, everything went back to normall. Here is what she said her original problem was:

"I have a fortec lifetime ultra.....everything is the same as it was before the big ecm hit....the only difference is I don't have any locals, comedy central, discover health, lifetime, speed, spike, tbs, turner classic movies, tvland, VH1, WE, Cinemax or MoreMax...is only a few channels but have all the rest, and it matches the current lineup except for those....I had the locals before the ecm...I just can't find them now?? Thanks for the help!"

Since the big "ECM" channels have changed location. I also think her configuration is wrong. Specially where she had the 22khz on. Unless she had a 22khz switch, this should always be off. It will fry your DISEcQ switch when it send the pulse.

Anyway, I think she's on the roof and someone took the ladder off cause she hasn't posted in a while! LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us