Re-authorize cc

Bronze Member
Username: Hunter3611

New york, New york Usa

Post Number: 22
can someone explan the procedure for re-authorizing a cable card after a tv has been serviced ...due to red spots on screen four boards were changed today but cant verifie everything is working till the cc comes back on (lg50px5d)...it says waiting for cp-auth. twc says they cant do it without a service call (in about a week or so) had it done last week after the tv guys changed a board on tv but the board turned out to be faulty so here i am today trying to get the cc re-authorized again...last week got a opperator who knew what to do and cc was fixed in a few minutes....thought if i knew how its done i could explain better what needs to be done without waiting a week or longer for nothing being if & when a cable guy shows up hes just gonna call his office back and tell them to re-authorize the card...all twc is telling me is WE CANT DO IT SO YOU NEED A SERVICE CALL...also anyone know someone to call at twc in nyc so i can get this done without a song and dance...thanks

Username: Campedo1117

Post Number: 6
its called a refresh hit to your card. A tech cant do it from the house, but an operator whom has access to the account can do it over the phone

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 983
c b,
Go into your cc cc id/host id screen and write down the information on that page. Call your cable company and have them verify your pairing information on your account is correct. If they replaced the main board, it's quite possible you have a new host id and that's why it's not authorized. Once they correct the pairing information they will need to send an addressable hit and a refresh.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us