Is there a digital to analog converter available for my analog tv?

Username: Neatonick

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I was just wondering if any of you guys know if there is an digital-to-analog converter available so i can watch digital, over-the-air channels through my old analog tv? This would help a lot since there's a lot of static on my analog tv, compared to my HD/SD digital hdtv channels. Would appreciate some input. thanks.

-Dean

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 76
I have a Samsung SIR-t451 ATSC tuner hooked to my older Sony 55" projection TV. I had to use S-video to connect as the old Sony would not take the component feed. Still, the picture quality of the over-the-air SD and HD programs is MUCH better than the over-compressed gloop I get from my satellite feed.

The SIR-t451 was recently replaced by the Samsung DTB-H260F, which is a fine receiver, BUT it does not display the setup menu's on composite or S-video output - - - component and HDMI only. Some have said you can hook the green output of the component out to the "yellow" composite input on an older set and see the menu's in B/W, but I have no way to test that.

Either a Samsung SIR-t451 or the older SIR-t351 will work fine with a non-HD TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us