Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1030
Upload
Upload

Other options

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 54
i heard the price for pcmcia rs-232 is about $20 how about the other oprtion you mention
prfrmnj. what is the difference if you know . thanx

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1040
True RS232 is faster then the USB conversion.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6760
hey don't forget about this too....works on ALL receivers!!!...and NO wires or cables!

USB to Serial Wireless Adaptor

Connecting your computer with your satellite receiver is simple and easy with the ExtremeView Serial Wireless Cable modules. Our Serial Wireless Cable module enables you to load files like you do with your serial cable on ANY Satellite Receiver that has a serial RS232 and a computer with a USB port - WIRELESSLY. By using our Serial Wireless Cable modules you eliminate the need to move your computer to your receiver or move your receiver to your computer.

The ExtremeView Serial Wireless Cable does not require any software to establish a Bluetooth connection. There is also no need to change any software on the connected devices. IT IS A TRUE PLUG AND PLAY DEVICE. You just plug Serial Bluetooth adaptor into your satellite receiver and plug the USB adaptor into computer and you are connected to the satellite receiver and are ready to load. The ExtremeView serial is a true "cable replacement" product.

The Serial Wireless Cable modules conform to the industrial standard EIA-232-E for serial data communication and act as transparent pass through devices, i.e. as a RS-232 cable without wires. It provides complete emulation of all RS-232 signals.

Requirements
• Any Windows operating system
• Linux, OpenBSD, freeBSD
• Mac OS 8, 9, 10 and later

Username: Ftalife_mod

Cody, Wy Us

Post Number: 1
all the above devices have very good reviews
also people are having good results with a radio shak usb to rs232 and their supplied software

Bronze Member
Username: Canndy

Post Number: 38
True dude

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 55
thanx guys for your suggssestions all of them i found reliable. from the pcmcia to the wirless one . thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us