Having problem with american channels - HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 193
as i was watching tv today..my channel suddenly turned blank and i got the sign sayin 'scrambed or bad channel' (o boy not again). So i turned rec. off from back as it should be the first thing to do...so i did and i got my channels back...for 2 minutes
then i went straight to diseqc and though it could be bad switch...changed ports around and still the same problem
did fac reset and blindscan....no luck
i am not sure what it is now...it was working perfectly fine for the past month or so until today
could it be something wrong with the wire coming from the lnb? or can it be a bad bin file (which i highly doubt)
Would appreciate any suggestions

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 198
i also have a international dish which is working flawlessly

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6710
First try an older bin and input correct latest keys....then replace the switch and cables to and from it..remember to power off the receiver first when messing with cables and switch..always reboot after doing any hardare or software work..and don't forget to recheck the receiver antenna/dish settings...and could also try a factory reset, upload factory bin and then scan and load latest bin and keys, eliminating any POSSIBLE receiver memory corruption..

if that doesn't fix it, I would say U probably have an LNB or receiver issue..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6711
BTW...U never stated your hardware,receiver,satelites, LNB's bin etc..and are U implying (cause U never stated) that U may have Bev on same hardware and No problems?....and this is ONLY a DN issue?..this is like shooting in the dark..

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 201
lol..no bev...i only have dish network
dish has dual lnb (110,119)apart from other dish which is single lnb (61.5)
i have a FLU with 286t bin
in antenna setup, the echo 7 and 8.10 show great quality and strength over 85% both and that is whats sort of throwing me off coz its telling me its receiving great signal but im not gettina a pic(thats why i though it could of been keys/bin but my other dish is wrking great).....soooo i guess the only other option i have is to reload fac bin which is going to suk!
thnx LK
ill see if this works and keep u posted

Gold Member

Post Number: 6719
Can't be keys, since U still get DN on echo 3 (61.5)..and same reasoning about the bin..all use same bin echo3, 7, 8.10...

Most likely the switch needs to be replaced..or receiver settings changed by themselves..

so just reboot the receiver OFF or unplug for 5 minutes,.....then if that doesn't fix, then RECHECK the antenna/dish settings in receiver, then reboot....lastly REPLACE the switch...and if NONE work, then your 110-119 dish has moved slightly...

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 203
alright i turned rec. off from back before for like 2 minutes - never unplugged so i'll unplug it for for 5 min and see wht happns

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 753
Turn off autoroll......

Silver Member

Rotti Pit , ...

Post Number: 209
why? would that help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 754
if you get trapped by the fake signal that is being sent into the frame yes..you may have the "Bad or Scrambled channel"....it normally happens every 2 or 5 minutes....

just try it before doing anything else....it is just a simple thing that may help you save hours of work.....just try it for half an hour and see....

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
just disable autoroll and be sure of putting the actual keys....

Silver Member

Rotti Pit , Corpo...

Post Number: 215
sure ill give it a try
thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 6720
good point Nikk..but that usually occurs before/during/immediately after a key change, which we haven't had lately, but then maybe he hasn't had receiver on in few days either ..but also he says 61.5 works well, so the morphing keys doesn't make sense here with ONLY the 110 and 119 problem..anyways good point and simple fix if it works..

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
LK..

Yes, I like to try the simple things first....I have saved myself of doing a lot of work by trying the simple before anything....

And you are right about that happens if the receiver was off by a couple of days.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us