AMC-16 and Echo-St-7

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 261
Nalin and LK
Is this some trick question
I personally got them both with one LNB
But wait don't jump to conclusion
I'm sure LK has it right they maybe different than Conventional Circular that you do need a 30" dish and a Universal LNBF

See I only tried it once with a ViewSat you can load all the 119. Create a new SAT call it Test then load all AMC-16 on viewsat there is an option that allows you to view just "Test" or just "119" or both

Wether if these are all AMC-16 or not that I didn't pay attention they are not the programs I would watch LET ME TRY IT AND I WILL TELL YOU

But I wouldn't be shocked to know that I got few of them and LK may have a case to get them all need a Universal LNBF.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6678
DTV 11.2-12.2 circular LNB works too..with 30 inch dish...U may get a weak working signal with an 18 inch dish..its basically a linear LNB with a circular feed is what U need....for the 118.8

Single Feed Flatpack
DTVGD $99.99
Latin America LNBF $99.99

Latin America LNBF ( 11.45 - 12.2 Ghz ) DTVGS DTVGD Galaxy Latin America LNBF. This is the one, look no further.. It will work - it has a special frequency. Kinda looks the same, but it's not. DirecTV LatinAmerica LNBF

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
From Lyngsat If you select Package
Look under beam you'll see
- Ku
- NorthWest
- South california
- Central Plains
- North East
- South Florida
- Conus
- North West
- North California
- Arizona
- Midwest
- Texas
- carolinas
- Hawaii
- Alaska
- Utah
- Deep south
- etc....
Each one of these is a Regional Spot Beam and neither Echo Star nor AMC got Specs on these spot beams on LyngSat maybe elsewhere?
My guess you need a Good Sweep at all of these spot beams IT MAY VARY FROM ONE LOCATION TO ANOTHER may not be visible in few/many states. all i can tell you from NYC area I got so many of them Very hard to tell which one I got and which one I'm missing. it is all going to be a trial and error. you may even need more than a 30" dish or perhaps multiple dishes to get them all.

Also like LK is saying each Transponder has its frequency if it is not within the LNB capability it may not scan it. Or the LNB he is describing above

Why don't you tell me what state you are in and what are you trying to get because this maybe a Regional Issue.
I hope this can help!!!

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 304

Hey Nalin
Try an Invacom QPH 031 Quad Polar LNB.
It has a Simultaneous Reception of Liner and Circular polarization, fully switched output.
Linear polarization 11.7-12.2 GHz.
Circular " 12.2-12.7 "
It works foe me.Try it you will like it.
}

Gold Member

Post Number: 6686
King...spotbeams have nothing to do with this thread or receiving AMC 16..

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
Guys
Unless I missed something earlier
According to Lyngsat Specs:
EchoStar 7 at 119.0°W is [TP-1 to TP-21] Fr [12224 R to 12516 R]
AMC 16 at 118.8°W is TP 1,2,3,6,7,14,17,18 only Fr [11720 R-12160 R]
If you select P on either one of their listing you'll get both combined listings or use this link:
h*ttp://www.lyngsat*.com/packages/dish119.html
Look for the spot beam you'll see what I listed above
What I think this is a weak beam designed for regional access
If your goal is to get a full sweep you'll need other than conventional parts
But yes you can get a full sweep and depends on where you are

According to Lyngsat if it is accurate it is the Same Satellite different spot beams
So unless I missed something earlier this is my best guess with available resources

Gold Member

Post Number: 6695
its mostly international Asian channels..and NOT spotbeamed..

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/118list.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us