Setup Viewsat and D*sh with DPP44

Username: Legend99

Post Number: 2
I am stumped! I have tried to read as much as I can but have not been able to find what I am looking for, so I ask for help.
Just got a new Viewsat Ultra and am trying to hook it up with my existing setup. I have tried different combinations and so far this is the one that works the best, the problem is that I am still not getting a weak signal on the Horizontal channels. Having said that, last night when I did this setup all channels were coming in with signals over 70. Tonight on the 119 Sat i get on some channels less than 5. From the diagram you can see my setup, am I doing something wrong? need to add something? Remove something?

Thanks

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 551
First I would change the dpplus lnb for dp,get rid of the splitters and diseq switch and connect the lnb's directly to the dp44,then to your receivers.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6673
why NOT LNB's directly to the DPP44, then receivers?...why the signal "splitters" and disque?

READ this!
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Switches/DPP44-switch.htm

and if your setup worked fine last nite but NOT tonite, then recheck cable connections, dish alignment, cables etc..receiver antenna/dish LNB settings...and different transponders get different strengths ...

And NEVER disconnect any cable or switch when receivers are powered..and may need to keep 2 receivers ON always for LNB power too!...DPP LNB's suck!

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 552
That's what I said .

Gold Member

Post Number: 6674
Your post was NOT posted or seen while I was looking and reading at sadoun to get the link for him about his DPP44 w power adapter switch..he can keep the DPP LNB's..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 554
I know ,I just slid it in to fire you up.lol.But I would still ditch the dpplus though ,reg dp will give less problems,and there inexpensive,so my mess with it,even though it will work,just another switch to cause problems."Simple is Best".

Username: Legend99

Post Number: 3
Tried removing the splitters and the Disq switches, everything works, except 91, which I connected on port #4 of the DPP44 switch.

Silver Member

The Doghouse

Post Number: 562
Check your ant settings,and connect the coax from 91 directly to the receiver and test for signal.Somesimes rocking the channel up/dn and on /off help trip the switch,also recheck your connection's.

Username: Lovefreesat

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 1
hey guys im new in here and i kinda GOT A PROBE WITH MY VIEW SAT ITS NOT SHOWING ANYTHING I USE TO POWER IT OFF WHEN IT FREEZES BUT NOW I CANT GET ANYTHING SO IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY NEW INFO PLEASE HELP ME UP THANX

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1105
Brian - What's your setup? What's your system configuration? What type of LNB's do you have? Are you running a switch? What's the latest .PGM file you flashed it with?

Need all of this information to be able to help you out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6851
brian..must be nice to just Hijack any thread U want...LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us