DiseqC SWITCH

Bronze Member
Username: Captain_cook

Post Number: 13
Is there any sequence in which the LNB's need to be connected to the ports of this switch. As per my understanding, you can connect in any way and all you need to do is update your reciever of the diseqC port and the rest is taken care of. This is not happening im my case of connecting 119 and 110 to port 1 and 2 respt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I have a 4 way DiSEqC Switch
The DiSEqC switch should enable the user to select one LNB signal between 4 different LNBs of any type.
The 4 input ports marked SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 or SAT4 are connected to the 4 LNBs, which may be on 4 different dishes, and the output marked OUT is connected to the receiver.
The selection of the LNBs is done by choosing the appropriate DiSEqC port A, B, C, or D in the menu of the receiver. But this does not seem to work for some reason. Could it be the reciever? I have an Ariza 700. Any comments!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6618
probably bad switch..they're cheap $7, and should be kept out of weather..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6619
and don't forget the receiver antenna/dish settings must be the EXACT same # as the actual # U put cables from each LNB into the physical switch..

and NEVER disconnect switches or cables when receiver is powered...u will blow the switch immediately..

anmd U should always put 119-#1...110-#2...etc

Bronze Member
Username: Ajtech

Post Number: 21
I have run into this problem recently on a different STB - here is what I learned:

1. Make sure you are using RG6u cable and keep the runs as short as possible. You may be getting great reception but using crappy cable apears to realy effect the switch.

2. Keep the Diseqc switch as close as possible to the reciever.

3. A signal amp may help (before the switch)

4. There are some LNB's that are incompatible - you may see that you have signal, but won't see anything on the screen untill you power off the reciver and power it back on (via the remote control) when you switch between the LNB's.

Always set up your sats with the switch by-passed, and check to make sure that your sat profiles are correct when you reconnect the switch.

Allthough you should power off the unit before connecting or disconnecting anything to the cable, it would be interesting if anyone knew if any of the stb's had short circuit protection. The only way I can see that you could short circuit the unit is if you were to bend the center conductor, or if you have some stray sheilding wires.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6628
Receivers get cooked and go bad..especially from overheating and poor ventillation.....thats why so many add "fans" in their mods..

Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 5
We bought a new house recently. Right now I have only one dish pointing at b*v. I run my cable directly to the receiver from a sliding door in the kitchen whcih goes to our backyard that's where my dish is. I have to keep the door slight open though. I don't want to do this since it keeps blows cold air in my house and also my house came with cable jack in living room and and master room. In the backyard there is cable wire near the electricity meter, my builder told me all i do is attach my dish cable to it and i should be ready to watch tv. Does this work for my 3500 sd pansat receiver or any fta receivers? I am thinking to buy another dish for 110 and 119 and for that I will need switch, i have switch that came with the receiver. How do I connect cables to the switch and where do I put my switch near receiver or in the backyard where one cable goes inside the house to the cable jack.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 953
Just so people understand what the switch does and how it works. When you turn your STB from a channel at 119 to a channel at 110, your STB sends a pulse to the switch so it looks at the right port (depending on your configuration). If your switch is located on a long run of cable far from the STB, the pulse may never reach it and hence not switch your sat causing the channel to say "No Signal" or "Bad Scrambled Channel". Turning your STB off and on may help, but it's not the solution.

SOLUTION: Place your switch as close as possible to your STB and problem solved.

CAUTION: If you place a signal amp before the switch you may run the chance of burning it when changing channels as the pulse will also be amplified. Recommendation: Place it after the switch.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 252
John to answer your question regarding the existing prewiring in your new construction home I assume. Just try One SAT first with a Coax coupler run first LNB to your receiver this can solve your door slight open

As far as DISEqC switch when you get to this part also try one SAT at a time MAKE SURE YOUR TURN OFF RECEIVER WHEN CHANGE CABLING to prevent damage

If you have anymore questions after trying your first SAT list all hardware in details including dish size LNB types and cables etc.
Good Luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 6633
Its best to have switch closest to receivers as possible, but also best to keep it waterproofed (in garage/attic/basement) or use of tupperware container outside....the cables inside each room with a jack SHOULD be connected directly to the switch, so that will dictate where U place the switch (its not recommended to have "cable jack" in between switch and receivers)...the "cable jack" is probably nothing but a simple splitter
(which does NOT COMBINE FTA satellite signals and is ONLY used to split a signal to various TV's AFTER/FROM a receiver when used with satellite) which U may have to remove and replace with the disque switch...If U decide to keep the "cable jack", then the disque switch MUST be placed between the dish and before the cable jack..try it, see what happens

BTW...U need at least a RG6 quality cable for satellite signals too..I have No idea what type cable your house has or builder used..some may have used a RG59 cable ,which is no good for satellite, it'll work but may cause many problems ..

Silver Member

Post Number: 958
BTW if your house was wired for regular cable, they used RG59 cable and you'll need to replace this with RG6...

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 254
It depnds on the builder
My house was prewired too
I didn't have to replace anything

All they do is run each cable from each room
You still have to connect it based on what U use it for
New town zones require all prewiring to be RG-6 or won't give them permit

Hopefully builder did the right thing!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6636
The wiring type ther now (written plainly on the cable) depends on many things...what builder's integrity...what city ...what state...what country...etc...

I think he's more's interestd in the "cable jack" and placement of switch...and again RG59 will work, but could cause problems..

Silver Member

Post Number: 959
I can only speak for the area I'm at, so I agree with you guys. Here where I'm at, they take way too many shortcuts. Although there isn't really much diference in the cost of the cable, most of them are just trying to deplete what they have in stock.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Appreciate your feedback LK.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6665
hey King and PRFRMNJ should not be forgotten here, they both made good points ...not just me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us