DLP Projection HDTV Power Loss

Username: Jhgustaf

Decatur, Alabama

Post Number: 2
What happens to the projection bulb when there is a power interuption to my home? Since the cooling fan would then quit, will the bulb and areas around it be harmed? I'd hate to face a $300 bulb or fixture replacement every time we have a power outage in town.

Bronze Member
Username: Imustbecrazy

Post Number: 61
John;

Spend $50 bucks on a UPS!

Username: Jhgustaf

Decatur, Alabama

Post Number: 4
I dislike showing my stupidity, but is a UPS a Universal Power Supply (I'm just guessing). What is a good brand to consider?

By the way, thanks for the earlier reply. Bulbs are costly, but no use stressing them more than necessary.

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 85
A power back up unit will allow power to be miantained for a somewhat short period of time after a power outage, or maintain power in the case of brown out coniditions. Several models can be viewed at your typical officedepot, officemax,staples and the like. These devices allow for a controlled shutdown. Other devices involve power conditioning/linefiltering. Two manufacturers that discuss some details about these issues include Panamax, Brickwall, and APC.

I think if you read up on these companies products, your knowledge level will be where you want it to be as far as consideration for protecting your equipment from power issues if you have concerns.

Bronze Member
Username: Imustbecrazy

Post Number: 63
UPS - Uninteruptable Power Supply - A.k.a. - a small box containing a battery that will output 110 volts. Depending on the size and price and the number of devices attached this device can support computers and elections for several minutes to possibly hours. Most home solutions are under a $100.00 and will support power for 5 to 20 minutes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us