37" VIZIO turning off on its own

Username: Sean62

Bridgewater, Nj Us

Post Number: 1
Purchased a 37" vizio last year. Once in a while, it turns off on its own. There are weeks that it does not happen and then all of a sudden, it happens 5-6 times back to back (anywhere from 30 sec. to 3 min apart). Should I return this and get a new one? everything else is perfect with this set.
thanks,

Bridgewater, Nj Us

Post Number: 2
Can anyone help with this item or ever hear of a similar issue?
thanks,

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1247
welcome to the forum sharyar.
Often your problem is caused by a stray infrared signal generated be a stuck button on a remote control. Also, sometimes this problem is caused by a fluorescent light that is on nearby. Then again sometims there's a stray signal caused by an outside signal coming in through the window. If none of these could possibility be the case, then I'm afraid you are shitoutofluck. Return it and get a new one.

Bridgewater, Nj Us

Post Number: 3
thanks for the welcome and your suggestions. Oddly enough, 4-5 feet away from the TV, we have a high efficiency fluorescent light (which I promptly removed! ). I will check for the remote control botton if the situation happens again. I guess as a last resort (like you mentioned above), I will return the unit and get a new one.
Cheers

Username: Sf944

Post Number: 2
I've had the same problem with a 37" Vizio, including the set executing commands other than what I clicked on the remote. After going back and forth with Vizio, the problem was finally identified as the remote sensor in the set being set back too far in it's bezel, allowing the signal to bounce around before being picked up.
Vizio did offer to replace my set (L37) with the newer model (VX37). YMMV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us