Digital Cable/ HDTV newbie question

Username: Htpw16

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

I just recently bought an HDTV with a built in HDTV tuner. I currently have basic comcast cable. However, while playing with my new HDTV, which is always fun, I went to the TV Tuner part in the menu and decided to search for channels. To my amazement and surprise, it found 37 analog channels and 39 digital channels (many were the analog channels but in digital). I was really surprised. Among the digital channels I got two HD channels, VERY SURPRISED, which were NBC (KMTR HD 16.1) and FOX (KLSR HD 34.1).

I went to the antennaweb website to see what digital channels were offered in my area. Antennaweb did show the two HD channels I was receiving but it also showed a few others such as ABC, CBS and OPB. I was wondering why I didn't receive those other channels since, according to the site, they are within the same distance/city as the two HD channels I was receiving. Any reason for this? Will a cable tv amplifier increase their reception so that I could receive them?

Thanks for your time guys.

Username: Htpw16

Post Number: 2
Ok, I have found the problem. I removed the splitter which split my wall coaxial cable for internet and tv and directly connected the wall coaxial cable to my tv and viola, all the local HD channels came. I guess my new problem is now finding out which component was the culprit, the splitter or the extra coaxial cable that connected the splitter to the tv. Any suggestions, ideas??

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us