How to get 2 satalittes with one dish

Bronze Member
Username: Andrewmenia911

Post Number: 63
i'm sorry guys i knew that many asked this already but i couldn't find what i really missin.. i have a dish 500 with DP TWIN LNB.. i have pansat 2700A.. this dish i have it connected with another dish... anyway that dish i get only the 119 west from it.. i have it on diseq 1,3.. when i try to scan anyone of them it still gives me only the 119.. and if i tried to scan the diseq 2,4 it would give me the 148 for both of them... both dishes are the same and i know that they should bring 2 satallites each so i want to know how can i get the other satallite.. like how can i make the dish poit at the 119 west also get 110? i have the pansat on dishpro and 11250..

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 247
ALWAYS MAKE SURE RECEIVER OFF EVERYTIME U CHANGE CABLES to prevent damage

Very simple
You need to select LNB type in Antenna set-up
Try

LNB: OSC-DP
DISEqC: port-1

LNB: OSC-DP
DISEqC: port-2
One wire to DISEqC input#1
Make sure U get both 110 and 119 before U try 148

If this doesn't work step and repeat differen LNB option

LNB: Twin Legacy LNB-1
DISEqC: port-1

LNB: Twin Legacy LNB-2
DISEqC: port-2
One wire to DISEqC input#1
Make sure U get both 110 and 119 before U try 148

When U finally get both 110 and 119
Then try 148 on DISEqC input#2

The simple theory is 1-LNB for each SAT U match LNB type in Antenna set-up Assign to Unique Port in DISEqC protocol will switch LNB to each respective SAT
Twin LNB allows U to get 2 SATs with one wire
Some limitations due to receiver's capabilities
Good Luck

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6551
Twins can ONLY get satellites that are 9 degrees apart 110-119 and 82-91...If U get 148, U will not get anothe sat on that 1 dish....if U can get EITHER the 110 or 119 on the other dish then , its simple to realign that dish to get BOTH the 110 and 119....Dish Pro LNB's actually say "Dish Pro" on them with their DP logo...and 2 DP Twin LNB's used to receive 3 or 4 satelittes from 2 dishes to 1 or 2 receivers MUST be connected to an EXTERNAL disque switch before connecting to any receiver....and your receiver antenna settings should be 119-#1, 110-#2, 82-#3, 91-#4, which is how they should be connected into the actual physical disque switch as well..LNB type-DP/dish pro, freq 11250, power on, scan all, etc...use of a DP 21 switch maybe better,if only 3 sats U want, and using only 1 receiver..

BTW, make sure there are ONLY 2 outputs/outlets and NOT 3 on those DP Twins LNB's...if there are 3, then U have A Dish Pro Plus (DPP) LNB, and now U have a new ballgame!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us