What is DVD-5, DVD-10, DVD-9 and DVD-18?

Username: Superfall

Post Number: 1
How much does a DVDR/W fit? Is it 4.7GB or 4.38GB? 8.54 GB or 7.95 GB?
The DVD sizes can be a bit confusing. But we can be sure that DVD needs more space than any other video formats.So,if you don't have enough space to work with,you can use some tools ,such as imtoo video converter,to convert between DVD and other formats ,
There are basicly 4 different dvd sizes,
DVD-5, holds around 4 700 000 000 bytes and that is 4.37GB.
DVD+R/W and DVD-R/W supports this format. Also called Single Sided Single Layered.
DVD-10, holds around 9 400 000 000 bytes and that is 8.75GB. DVD+R/W and DVD-R/W supports this format. Also called Double Sided Single Layered.
DVD-9, holds around 8 540 000 000 bytes and that is 7.95GB. DVD+R supports this format. Also called Single Sided Dual Layered.
DVD-18, holds around 17 080 000 000 bytes and that is 15.9GB. DVD+R supports this format. Also called Double Sided Dual Layered.

Other non-standard special DVD formats:
DVD-VCD - is basicly a VCD authored on a DVDR/W. DVD supports the VCD resolution but the audio has to be resampled to 48 khz. If the audio is resampled to 48 khz it is standard DVD-Video.
DVD-SVCD - is basicly a SVCD authored on a DVDR/W. DVD do not supports the SVCD resolution but it may anyway work and the audio has to be resampled to 48 khz like the DVD-VCD.
DVD-MP3 - is MP3s burned on a DVDR/W but very few MP3 capable standalone DVD Players supports it because most Players verify DVDR/W as DVD-Video only.
DVD-ISO - is MPEG,MPG,VOB files burned on a DVDR/W without any DVD Authoring (making the vob,ifo files) but very few standalone DVD Players supports it because most Players verify DVDR/W as DVD-Video only.

Bronze Member
Username: Ailsa010

Post Number: 16
cool,thank you for the detail information about DVD.Could you tell me which formats can imtoo video converter convert please?I am interesting in it.

Username: Superfall

Post Number: 2
as i know,there are many formats can imtoo video converter convert ,such as DVD, VCD, SVCD, MOV, RM, AVI, MPEG, WMV, 3GP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264/PSP AVC, MP4, ASF etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us