Is pansat compatible with dishpro?

Username: 4play

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,
I'm new at this so hopefully you guys won't beat me up too bad. My question is. I have a pansat 2500 and a pansat 2700 and just bought a dishpro 500 dish. What do i have to do to get Sat 110 and Sat 119. Is there a special way to set up the receivers and the dish? Can someone walk me thru the set up process? I appreciate all the help. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 34
Menu>installation>antenna installation> select satellite your dish is pointing to 110 and for 119, I believe is echo7 and echo8.10, click ok> select lnb type click right arrow til it shows dishpro> select satellite scan all> click ok and wait til it finish scanning and select exit, exit, exit, all the way.

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

Bklyn, NY

Post Number: 159
:-)

Post Number: 2
I tried that and i only get either 110 or 119. Is there something in the setup of the receivers that needs to be changed. Are the lnb frequencies the same for 119 and 110? they are both set for 10750.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 492
Change your diseq settings to 1 for 110 and 2 for 119. Scan again.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6494
Both settings should be 11250..settings are identical except for disque port settings..119=1...110=2

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 494
Well, mine are opposite that...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6496
well maybe U have an external disque and have cables in those ports on your switch...but standard and twin LNB is as I stated..

Post Number: 4
Am i still using a cable to each lnb or just the one cable to the 110 lnb? Thanks for your patience with me, i appreciate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 79
You only need one cable for both LNB's and just follow LK's advise

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 910
Make sure you are using DishPro (Twin or Quad) and not DishProPlus LNB. DishProPlus will not work and LK has given you the proper antena configuration. Last but not least, depending on which one you have (Twin - will have two outlets) and (Quad - will have four) you only run one cable from this outlet to the box (mind you I'm using the word outlet for ease of understanding)... If you LNB has 3 outlets then you have a DishProPlus and it is not FTA Friendly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6500
There are different variations of the Dishpro500..there is a DP500 TWIN dish which has the Twin LNB, and then just the DP500 dish which has 2 dual DP LNB's...so many get confused and use switches or 2 cables when sometimes its not needed or vice versa....The newer Dishpro 1000 has the DP Plus Twin LNB, which SUCKS!

Silver Member

Post Number: 913
Agree 100%... Spent way too many hours trying to get that to work and while I did, it's not worth it. Good ole DP500 Quad solved the problem!

Post Number: 5
I have a dish500 dish with a DPplus lnb. It has 3 ports on it. One says lnb in, and on the other side it says 1 and 2. So i guess this is not the right lnb that i need, is that correct? What's the difference with the lnb's that one will work and the others don't? if i don't ask i won't learn......thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 918
Mike - The problem is the internal switch in the DPplus LNB... You need the old DP (Twin or Quad) unless you have extensive knowledge and time to play with this until it works...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6508
U can use the DPP LNB, but no switches and MUST add a Dishnet DP receiver and keep it powered ALL the time...I wouldn't do it!..its a real pain..

Post Number: 6
So the one you guys are saying to get is the lnb with the 2 ports, one on each end? Does anyone have a picture of the one i need? i wanna thank you guys for all the help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6512
either get a DP twin (must say Dish Pro and onlt 2 outputs/outlets-not 3)) or 2 Dual LNB's (do Not need to say "Dish Pro on them) with an external disque switch ($7)

Upload
DP DUAL LNB

Upload
DP TWIN LNB

hope this helps ya..

Username: Rogybe

Post Number: 2
I wrote about this once before you may have 2 DP LNBFs, one may work and other not. I had that kind situation not once, but many more times, last one I didn't have another DP LNBF to try, but I had 2 dual Legacy and one SW21 switch and made it work that way. Also connecting line from DP LNBF to DiseqC Switch make it not work because in that case you are having 2 switches in line, if you have Dish 500 and dish 300 for sat 61.5 you need 3 legacy LNBFs 2 on Dish 500 and one on Dish 300 and one DiseqC switch that way you dont have problem switching.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6519
roger...not true..U can use disque switch with DP Twins LNB's and 1 DP dual, or 3 DP dual LNB's ..just must set antenna/dish settings correctly in receiver..

sw 21 switches are NOT recommended for FTA, though they "OK" with Viewsat and Coo*lsat FTA's..

Post Number: 7
Let me ask you this. Instead of using the Dish500, I have a Terk TRK-S2 dish with dual lnb's. Will that work for me?

Post Number: 3
LK you can use disque switch with DP Twins LNB's and 1 DP dual, or 3 DP dual LNB's,just must set antenna/dish settings correctly in receiver, but I bet you will not always and with every one setup have success, that is all I am trying to say here, because every one is trying to give advise and not every one can use same setup because not every receiver is same and all setups are different, bins play big role to I have discovered that to.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 495
U can get a viewsat reciever. They work on the dishpro plus.

Silver Member

Post Number: 929
Roger - the thread was Pansat and DishPro... So when answering the question here we are making reference to Pansats and DishPro. So if someone has a different receiver then the question should be asked and answered elswhere. No Highjacking of threads....

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 39
hahahahah poepel still listen to the idiot LK
and still they think he knows stuff. he does not know shitttttttttttttt. that's same fucccking problem that ocur when i asked the question. and the same question in an other thread..
LK you idiot once runing a one cable from the fat head and if it happen that you are using diseqc. the number for the port should be same for 110 and 119. if u are usinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg diseqc and have one cable runing from the fat head to the diseqc it's not 1 and not 2 it's whatever the cable goes to . that';s the number of the port you are assigning to 119 and 110 with pansat the configuration is the same for 110 and 119 unless you run 2 cable from the fat dispro head then you assign different number . with the pansat it's not working in many cases. most of the time u get only one sat . change to single ones and scan using diseqc. pansatttttttttttttttttttttttttt is not compatible with the fat headdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd . viewsat will do it . but rare with dishpro and it works perfect with twinlegacy . stop giving an idiot information to poeple LK thinking u know shiiiitttttttttttttt

Username: Sccrskills

Post Number: 9
hey cartier u wanna help me out i kinda got the same problem cuz i erased mine channels since i accidently clicked on factory settings and erased everything. so how can i install everything again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
tell us what you have and we help you with the configuration. how many dishes what sat are you interested at the lnb's/ we give you the configuration .

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 377
factory settings..
you need to do a antenna setup
menu,
installation,
antenna setup--select sat , lnb and disq port

then sat scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok look this one guy hooked it up for me one time and then all the channels went out one time and he never came to change them. so i accidently clicked factory settings and i erased everything. so im just trying to figure out how to get it all back and wut i have to do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i have a dish 500 and this guy put this big dish on my roof cuz its for some foreign channels and those are the two dishes i have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i have a dish 500 and this guy put this big dish on my roof cuz its for some foreign channels and those are the two dishes i have. thnks for the help anyway.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
hey albino midget i go to instalation and antena setup , but idk what to do next.

select sat , lnb and disq port. wut does this mean wut do i do?
thanks for your help

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
do you know what sat(s) you were watching?
if you do,
menu,
installation,
antenna setup--select sat , lnb type and disq port

then sat scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
no thats the problem idk what sat(s) are you think you can explain it to me .
lol srry for troubling you but thanks for your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
k to help you out i now how to get to
menu
installation
antenna setup

but then when i enter the antenna setup screen i see all these dishes like echo 7 and T-5/Ku and many other ones and thats when idk wut to do .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
let me tell you what to do . you need to read little like evryone eles. go to the roof and stop telling us this guy came in and istall stufff. you dont know what you have in your roof it's crazy ./ go to the roof see what dishs you have if u have switch what kind of switch . and what nimber to dishes go to . even if u go to the doctor u still have to tell him your illness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well its kinds late since its dark now but i know its a dish 500. and i remember it said 119 on it i think. but ill check tomorow and see.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
i'll guess
antenna setup--select echo7--set lnb to standard--disq to #1 hopefully both bars are green70-90%
(if not use this site to find out what sats you were watching and do antenna setup accordingly http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm)
if good sigal--exit and select echo8 and assign to disq #2

antenna setup can be done thru trial and error

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
k thnks ill try that the best i can

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
k albino midget i did what u told me and i got it going again. the channels came back and the problem now is that the channels are all out of order, they are not like they're supposed to be like when they are on dish network and also i need to get the keys for the dish so i can get all the channels back so how do i do that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 934
Hit the sat button on your remote and select "Echostar Package"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
k thks but two problems.
1. the channels are back in order but there are duplicates of every channel and there are channels missing from the other big dish i have that should have all the foreign channels and the setanta sport channel.
2. Also how do i get all the channels back cuz i only have goltv and ppv previev channel. I know that i need to get the new keys and download some bins, but to do that i need some cable i think to attach to pc and reciever. or at least thats what i heard so if somebody can explain me some more on that thanks. srry i know its a lot

Silver Member

Post Number: 937
Yes you need a Null Modem Cable RS232-DB9 to do this. You can get this cable just about anywhere (computer store that is - Radio Shack). The reason you have duplicates is because you setup/configuration. When you do a blind scan, you STB is looking at all sats and downloading channels from 119 while you are actually downloading 110.
To solve this you have four options:
1. Erase all channels and load a channel list.
2. Upload the Channel List to your computer and edit it.
3. Erase all channels and do new can, but this time when you shut down the other sats that you are not scanning to make sure you only scan one bird at a time. I.E. if you are scanning 110, then deselect the other sats.
4. Last but not least - Run a cable straight from the LNB to the STB one sat at a time and scan that sat. Change the cable to the next sat and scan it, etc...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
so how much does the cable cost and where is the easiest place for me to get it, and what else do i need cuz by reading i think i need to download a bin of some sort and get some program that will keep the keys up to date. so if you can explain to me what to do a little bit more on that id really appreciate it. but ill fix the channels i think i know how to load the channel list. thanks for all your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 939
You really need to read. I've done everything but go to your house and fix this for you. Everyone has pointed you in the right direction, yet you continue to ask basic questions that have been answered. Go to any site listed in the thread called "Reputable DSS Sites" and you will find all the information you need there. My personal favorites is DSS*Community and Al7Bar. But unless less you start reading you will not understand any of this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yea ur right ill go read and find out stuff

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
sccrskills u are waste of time . go take classes cuz really you sound retarded. go read read read read like we did this is not santa close gift here

Gold Member

Post Number: 6567
cartier...he said he was going to go do some reading...be nice man...its Christmas!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
hey im trying alright i don't spend the whole fricken day doing this ok i got other s**t i have to do. and yeah like lk said be nice man what the hell is your problem cheer up a little at least im trying here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 944
Pay no mind to him! That's all he does is agravate people...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6569
skills..Read at REPUTABLE DSS sites, NOT here...they have manuals, and guides about every receiver...and how to point the dish, and specific sections about various things...they are VERY eassy to use...U will probably need about 10-20 hours of reading to really grasp and understand things, but everybody learns at different speeds..use this thread...notice their are "home " sites" for particular receiver types..and general DSS sites that are good for all receivers..

heres the post with the reputable sites...suggest U copy and save it in notepad on your computer..

Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)
[link removed]

Merry Christmas..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
thnks a lot guys and Merry Christmas to you too.

Post Number: 8
hey lk I ordered this Lnb from Ebay, Is it the correct one? Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New YearUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6576
Its a TWIN, but cannot tell if its says "Dish pro"

below is a Dish Pro (DP) twin LNB

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 945
You ordered the right one. You should have no problems setting this up. Just read the above posts and you will be good to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
anybody have the link for the GTRom Loader for pansat 2500a. thanks in advance

Post Number: 9
Hey guys,
Just got the LNB in the mail. I hope its the right one. Here's a couple of pics does it look like a dish pro twin?

Post Number: 10
sorry can't get pics to shrink, will try again after work

Post Number: 6
Sccrskills, goo to one of the links listed in one posting above and file archive and pansat2500 on top is GT room loader.

Mike Waters here is info about your LNBF:Look at the pictures above if your LNBF has DP like this one above than you have Dish Pro LNBF, but if you dont see that big black DP on it it is Legacy LNBF

Post Number: 7
Sccrskills, goo to one of the links listed in one posting above and file archive and pansat2500 on top is GT room loader.

Mike Waters here is info about your LNBF:Look at the pictures above if your LNBF has DP like this one above than you have Dish Pro LNBF, but if you dont see that big black DP on it it is Legacy LNBF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey guys,
just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback. i got the dish pro twin to work. Happy New Year to everyone and thanks again. You guys rock !!!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1104
Mike Waters:
"I have a dish500 dish with a DPplus lnb. It has 3 ports on it. One says lnb in, and on the other side it says 1 and 2. So i guess this is not the right lnb that i need, is that correct? What's the difference with the lnb's that one will work and the others don't? if i don't ask i won't learn......thanks"

Put your old DN receiver on 1 and your FTA receiver on Port 2. Keep the DN receiver on all the time. Alternatively use an alkternate power supply to port 1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us