India channels

Username: Shan09

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys

I am new to this forum.Recently I got Dishnetwork satellite TV connection.I am paying for two Indian channels Zee and Sony.They are from Echo star3 61.5w.Is it possible to get other indian chanels.I am ready to buy new receiver.Can some one throw some light on detail procedure to get other indian channels.

Username: Nash04

Post Number: 1
Same here...please help.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6478
U need a FTA receiver...read for about 20 hours...then tell us EXACTLY what your hardware is..if U miss the READING part, then U will NOT be doing yourself any favors...and will actually delay the learning process and your ability to get ANY additional channels!,

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

Post Number: 154
yes shan/nash - prob same ppl -
i can recommend u a fta receiver but i strongly recommend you to actually look into the whole process of buying and installation rather than asking around every1 and receiving about 20 differnt answers for something that couldve been done right in the first place.
We or atleast I am here to help you out all the way but i really suggest that u read on to other sites and get the hang of this..it is quite interesting NTL
for a fta receiver i can suggest a magnum. There are others out there like co0lsat viewsat but just make sure you stay away from recievers that are clones (plz read and find out what a clone is if u dont know)
well again plz read on and we r more than happy to help you out on this forum
good luck with the rest!

Bronze Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 48
don't try to get into FTA if you are trying to save money. It can be frustrating many times as keys are changed very often these days because of cricket. But even after that few channels have been missing from them for a while now. so get any good fta receiver(LK has posted here bofore as to where to buy them from) and they play with it for a while and when it comes(cricket time), you can get your money worth..

Post Number: 2
Which FTA receiver is good.? Sonicview sv100 or extremview magnum.

Post Number: 2
With all your responses and help I'm pretty comfortable that I can do this.

Here is my hardware/current setup with DN ...

Dish 500 - 21" x 23" satellite dish by Dish Network.

Designation - EchoStar III
Orbit - 61.5W
Transponders - 32 Ku
Satellite - LM A2100AX
Dual LNBF
Receiver - JVC 311
NO DP Switch

Is there any hack available for my existing 311 receiver?

Post Number: 3
Nash

HOw are you going to do this?Did you buy any new receiver.Is new receiver is compatible with Dish 500 - 21" x 23" satellite dish by Dish Network

Post Number: 3
After reading about FTA receiver, I found out that most of the FTA receiver are compatible with existing dish setup. I just have to replace my existing 311 receiver with FTA receiver. I'm also looking for a hack of my existing receiver (if available), so that I don't have to buy any new FTA receiver. If hack is not available then I will ruled out that option and start looking for FTA receiver and necessary hardware.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6540
There is a files out now that converts the DN 301 and some DTV receivers to a Pansat 2500 FTA receiver..
c/p

Since Charlie wants to hurt or 102 supply we will turn his boxs into Pansats!! open jkeys
click on flash programing
select unknown flash
in base address change to 7fc00000
click detect
erase a twice time
change address to 7fe20000
click detect
program
"flash no erased fully continued anyway?"
select yes
find the file and just wait to complete

Post Number: 4
Will this work on DN 311 receiver? Also, where I can find these files? How Do I install them on my 311 receiver?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us