How to change your local feed for DN

Bronze Member
Username: Gocuse3

Post Number: 21
my local feed is buffalo, would i be able to change this so i can get a diffent local feed, i'm looking at getting the feed from tennesee , is this possible , i have a viewsat extreme
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 43
You would have to move to Tennesee.
The locals are spot beamed to specific areas. If you don't live in the footprint of the spot beam, then you can't get the channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Playa_zihua

Post Number: 63
i get locals but they get tiled at night any reason why

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
was looking into picking up the buffalo bills game christmas eve
its blacked out in my area

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 504
Theres always NFL on Bev.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6455
NFL on Bev only worked for 1st quarter last week..at least that what everybody has said...I went to a local Tiki pub, that had women in tongs and watched on a huge screen with some cold beer and wings....the scenery and game (Pats 40-7) were great!....LOL

Tony...give me some more info...I'm guessing they're playing Titans....your sats, etc and check DN official site for game channels...then use www.dsbtalk.com/dishlist and look up the TP and sats for Buffalo and Tenn local areas...or maybe a national televised game..

Bronze Member
Username: Saw_tech_one

Post Number: 14
can some one please help me . i'm trying to get my channels back in order i have a viewsat plat2000. to get it back in order do i blind scan. im picking up hbo on 0157 it should be 300 it's that my box turned on and off and it switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 6462
Tony...I bet the game will be sold out by game time cause Bills now have a chance at playoffs...then it will NOT be blacked out..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
channel are in order now thanxs guys u are the best . i love when i know what i'm doing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
first factory reset go to antenas setup turn off lnb power of the other press F1 to do scan sat when finish do the other turn back lnb power then f1 then save. exit make sure keys are right.then go to options and turn off auto tp and auto roll.when need keys turn back on tp-autoroll. get keys then turn off both

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
lk
the game is not a sell out
as of monday 19000 seats left
heard alot of season ticket holders arent even going to the game, if it wasn't christmas eve i would just go to the game, but thats a day long thing of drinking beer
i dont think the wife and kids would like me coming home with a beer or 12 in me for christmas eve supper
i'm not sure what kind of info you need lk,

Gold Member

Post Number: 6472
hell I would go to the game , especially on Xmas eve ...and bring the whole family!...they'll have a BLAST!...then they will understand your NEED to watch football!...its a day game..U should probably be home by 6PM...it will probably be the bext Xmas eve U all ever had!..do some tailgating there too...wings...shrimp..kielbasa...chili..etc

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
lk would love to
the kids are only 1 and 3 and being from an italian family christmas eve is a big thing for us
its the best meal of the year, only seaford and alot of it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6476
what are U saying, your Italian family can't cook the rest of the year!...LOL...just joking!...I understand, but I do know some large Italian families that all go to games and have a blast and combine it all together..and would MUCH rather GO to the game than watch it on TV....anyways , good luck....did U do as I recommended and check the Dishnetwork official site for which channels the game is, on under Sundays programming...then check dbstalk.com to see if what TP and sats those channesl are on?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 374
tony, ch.7635 cbs-rochester

http://www.wroctv.com/programs/daytime.asp

Gold Member

Post Number: 6479
It appears that its NOT blacked out in the Buffalo locals area...isn't Rochester considered in the LOCAL Buffalo area?..not that far apart... I remember in NE, 100 miles away some games would be blacked out due to not being sold out..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6480
WROC TV 8 (CBS) WROC 7635 27s9 110° E*10 ...spotbeamed on locals in Rochester..

Bronze Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 94
I also live in the Buffalo area and the problem is they will have it scheduled but if it isn't sold out they carry a different team . Two week ago i got it on tv8201 i don't know where that is . I think this station wa suppoed to carry the bills last week but changed at 1:00

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 375
I heard that spotbeam can be picked up as far as schumnectady.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6483
David...U have a very good point..I have seen the same in past years, and then no game as scheduled...or suddenly after all week of newspapers stating game will NOT be televised locally, then they sell out and game IS televised..time will tell..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
hey lk i checked that site you gave me and it didnt come up, and going to the game is way better, use to have season tickets, but we gave them up when the started to charge us full price for 2 crappy preseason games, rochester is in the blackout area, back thanks for giving me that channel, maybe the NFL will be nice and lift the blackout for christmas on sunday, i think they can afford it

Bronze Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 36
You can always get Bills games on Global Toronto... channel 1211 on BEV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
no time to go change my dish around right now
isnt toronto blacked out also though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
No, every single Sunday afternoon Bills game has been broadcast on GLB-Toronto all season... I've had hell trying to find all my games this season.... I havn't been able to get the Sunday Ticket to work on BEV yet, and I've only seen about 1/3 of my Texans games... which has turned out to be a blessing anyways!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6502
Tony...sorry about the bad link...here's the working correct one...I suggest EVERYBODY save it, if U ever want ot know about any DISHNET satellite, transponder, or channel..locals, nationals, spotbeams, etc..

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Bill.. I hope U saw The Patriots hammer the piss out of the Houston, 40-7....maybe thats why I disgust U...LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I've watched many teams hammer the piss outta Houston this year... as long as they keep Carr in, it will continue well into next season!

You don't disgust me, in fact I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge you have for FTA... I just grew tired of your demeanor. I understand the frustration of answering the same question 1000 times over... but you can't expect people to weed through the millions of threads on this site trying to find every question they have... believe me, I've tried!!!!

Username: Joed

Post Number: 6
The Bills game last week was not on anywhere that I could find. It was listed in the guide on several stations but it was not the Bills game when I tuned it in. NFL on BEV is not operational.
Global Toronto follows the NFL black out rules. Two weeks ago I watched the Bills on a Nova Scotia Global station.

Bronze Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 95
Yea Joe that is the same problem i had i watched it two weeks ago on tv8201 where ever that is i could not find them last week

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Why is the Sunday Ticket not working on Bell?... a couple of weeks ago I did a scan 5 minutes before the 11:00 games... all the channels came on, as soon as they ended the pre-game shows and went to their respective games... "Scrambled Channel" on all of em!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6513
It is working on Bev, but Bev is knowing this and screwing with it...it was on last week for first quarter..may have No problems this week,,

Bill..NOBODY should be using this site, if they Truly want to learn and manintain their FTA receivers!...thats why I posted a thread of "List of Reputable sites" here...U can find things simply and fast, and more info/help and any manuals and files U need there...this is NOT a REAL satellite forums....and people who use the excuse "I don't want to register" are nuts!...I belong to about 25 sites and never receiver spam, popups etc...and talk is legal..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
/\ I've registered at a few as well, and learned a great deal in a short time... but this one is my "original" I googled years ago, back in the HU card days... guess it has some sentimental value to me. LOL!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6524
This place was a nut house back in the HU days too...hasn't changed..its all the "nuts" (aka admins aka troublemakers) and their numerous BS posts which makes it #1 at Google..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hey guys
thanks for all the info
lk do you remember i asked you about a faulty q signal, the signal would work for about 5 hours then iwould change channels and it would go down, so i would have to turn the receiver off and it would come back again, i think a found the problem, faulty disq switch, anyway hope everyone has a merry christmas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us