Viewsat 2000 Platinum EPG

Username: Mizanur

Post Number: 2
My Viewsat 2000 Platinum EPG is not working, need help.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6425
set date and time correctly..

Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 7
LK, my friend has a viewsat ultra, I have a pansat. i was wondering why the viewsat has 9 keys and how the keys had to be entered for the viewsat to work. thanks!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6437
Your info is incorrect...both are same....U can input any needed keys from various satelite providers (Dishnet, Bev, Globecast etc)...

DN - 0101
Bev- 0901
GC - C101

The Ultra has various ways to input keys...VS keys 2.2...USB stick.....opskeys hex

Post Number: 8
wow!! a little to much...i'm just trying to help him out. can keys be enter manually? the display is looks like this
43 E2 F4 5F 64 74 72 88 FA

Post Number: 9
choosing the...bev is 09 01 00

Gold Member

Post Number: 6441
just upload the opskey file with the cable or the USB stick...the USB stick is what most get the Ultra for..

I suggest U do some reading at www.totalfta.com ....homesite of the Viewsat..

Post Number: 10
thanks!!! good night!!!

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 885
Stephane - If you look carefully, the fist set of numbers identify the line number. They are not part of the keys... If you have changed these number you need to go back and change them to the correct number. Unfortunately I'm not home so I can't tell you what they are. But the easiest way to solve this problem is to do what LK recommended above. But all keys are 8 pairs per line - two lines (16 pairs total) for 00 and the same for 01. But Viewsat identifies these line differently and they add the first pair (not part of the keys) to them. You CANNOT change these numbers. They are not part of the keys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6447
Not sure if U can manually change keys with the Ultra... most say no, have seen only 1 say yes... most all use the USB or the opskey file with cable..

Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 4
Yes you can change the Keys on a viewsat Ultra Done it many times. If you go to dsscommunity and look in the viewsat area I posted how to manually change Keys for ultras and many other recievers I think its a sticky not sure.
MERYY XMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6449
Doreen...your post at dsscommnity did NOT include the Ultra back then,... in fact, the Ultra was NOT even released when the original post at totalfta that U c/p at dsscommunity..every post I have read about the Ultra at total states, NO manual key entry...but I don't own one , so cannot confirm it either way...

Since U do state U have changed the keys manually many times yourself on the Viewsat Ulra, then U are the first I have seen to post that its possible.. other than 1 post from an unknown newbie at some lame site....thanks for your personal confirmation..

Post Number: 5
You are right Lk .... I am sorry I did make a misstake .... I miss read and was thinking of veiwsat extreme ... But since my last post i have looked it up and YES you can change the Keys on an Ultra as well .
this is from the dish evolution site ....

For those of you who who are still having problems. Maybe this tidbit I learned tonite will help.

I have an ULTRA. I left AUTO roll on and didnt Power off.
I went to MENU>> User Setting>> Code Menu.....

In my keys under:
CAS-- NAGRA
DISH-- 01 01 00

I had the following keys sets with data in them;
00, 08, 09 88, and 89.

Each key set has a 16 bit segment of which only 8 bits had data other than zero zero's in the field.

In my case, the first 8 bits of key 86 went into the 08 key set and the second 8 bits went into the 09 key set.

For key 96, the first 8 whet into 88, and the second 8 went into 89.

The screen looked like this ( the actual keys data below is not valid, this is just an example I have attached a screen shot of my code data from tonight)

key--- 16 bit segment
00---- 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
08---- 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
09---- 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
88---- 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
89---- 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

dish and bell have 2 places for keys both must be updated to work
use numbers and letters a-f1,b-f2.c-f3.d-f4, e- circle key with circle arrow and help -f if keys dont roll put on pv and use remote to shut down and then turn on with remote waited a minute or so they should come in.

I hope this helps and sorry for my misstake b4.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6454
Doreen...he said he has AUTOROLL ON...he NEVER said he manually entered the keys..he ONLY saw the keys displayed on screen, which all receivers do!

he ONLY stated "The screen looked like this", which is the same for ALL Viewsats..I have heard most say that they cannot actually input keys at "Code"..but I dunno!

that post also only states he powered receiver OFF/ON with the remote if the autoroll doesn't work..

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 506
Well what if they morph key's again,what do u do until a new autoroll bin comes out? That sux,Tommorrow I was going to buy the ultra because it's in stock here,and didn't want to wait for a evtreme view to be shipped.Now what,U can't manually insert key'inthe ultra?wtf?why not?What other problems are there with the ultra?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6456
NO U can use the USB stick and opskey file to load new keys..many create own opskey file with VS keys 2.2...or most sites have them posted..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 507
Ok,but isn't it easier,and faster to punch them in with the remote?

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 508
Sorry not meaning to hijack,but do all the ultra's come with the stick or do I have to purchase that seperatly?Just because the pirate shop guy is ...well at best, a bit shady and I don't really trust him.

Username: Mizanur

Post Number: 3
Hi LK,
I have tried the Time Mode Auto and Manual with out any luck. Still my Viewsat 2000 Platinum EPG is not working, do you have any other suggestion.
Thnaks.

Post Number: 7
How to change keys Viewsat Ultra

Mod note: The provider ID's in the PDF attached should be:
BEV - 09 01 00
DN - 01 01 00
application/pdfUpload
How to change keys Viewsat Ultra 1.pdf (47.3 k)

found this on total FTA site

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 510
Thanks ,Doreen.it's saved.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6459
Nice work Doreen...I'm guessing this is very new..TY.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i'm going there in about 1/2 hour. i will let u guys know. if i need to use opskey or whatever else...i will leave it be....talk to u soon!! thanks!!!

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 511
Yeah Lk,Makes you wonder......she can't be a true blond.lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have a clone pansat(really sucks)but it works ok and i'm comfortable with it.we'll see!!

Post Number: 10
Oh we are funny today..... yes Lk its new i had to find out if you can change the keys on a ultra and so its seems you can ... I just has to know .... its a blonde thing too. The more we read up on receivers the more we learn. If only i can figure out how to get all this white out off my screan. Darn typos

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
well, to let u know...i'm not blonde...nor female...(no offense Doreen)and it didn't work. either i didn't do it right or the opskey thingy is what he needs. i will leave it alone & continue playing with my pansat...lol thanks for your help all of you!!

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 512
Doreen, that was a compliment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks Sat...and Stephane.. i don't own an ultra but i figured since it came from total FTA it might be the right info... I read up on Ultras and found a few new files mostly failer fixes and newer factory bin. The lastest is 119 I posted the fix at dsscommunity in the veiwsat files area. In case you need it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6468
"thingy"...lol...and U are a male!...geez...whatever..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i went to see my buddy with the viewsat. it's working now!!! he had done something to it without realizing it. i noticed that the quality was always 0% and the signal approx 80%. anyhow, his guy showed up and fixed it all. so i still don't know what he had done to his receiver(he doesn't know himself) u see, he's greek and there's a little language barrier and he's not technically inclined(worst then me..."thingy") i was trying to be funny....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us