Can Receiver Just Die???

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 43
Hello There

Not going to make this long, just have a question? Watching Bell FTA using 286 Bin last night. Recorder the WWE PPV. This morning, had some news on, and then the receiver shut off. I waited, but it never came back on. I then turned the switch at the back off, waited, turned it on, and powerless? I unplugged the unit for awhile, then plugged it back in. Powerless. Can this just happen no matter what? I mean, I am just about fed-up and done with this FTA crap. That's now a Pansat 3000 Dead! A Digiwave 7000 Dead! Now what appears to be a Pansat 2500 Dead?

Thanks for Your Time,

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 880
You need to get a better receiver. Do you leave it on all the time? If so, you probably burned it. In any event, it sounds like it's fried.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 487
I would ckeck your coax and terminals for a interminent short/and your lnb's.Maybe after awhile something heats and shorts.Electronics can be sensative and unpredictable.If your using a switch, I would replace it without question.I have a bag full of various switches all with some different problem or issue.But three receivers going dead,it's not them,something down line is killing them.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 488
My pansat been running non stop since nagra 1,never turned off,unless reflashing update.pansats epg sucks but the hardware is tough as hell.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 489
One last thing,make shure your receiver is not placed on top of other electronic devices radiating heat and nothing else on top of it,needs GOOD ventilation for cooling.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 255
Everything dies.Some sooner than others.For many different reasons.Heat build up is a good guess since youve had so many failures.

Disconnect everything from it and see if it will at least power on.If if does a process of elimination should fix it.

From the sound of it you got a dead one.Or the outlet your pluged into is dead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us