Can Receiver Just Die???

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 42
Hello There

Not going to make this long, just have a question? Watching Bell FTA using 286 Bin last night. Recorder the WWE PPV. This morning, had some news on, and then the receiver shut off. I waited, but it never came back on. I then turned the switch at the back off, waited, turned it on, and powerless? I unplugged the unit for awhile, then plugged it back in. Powerless. Can this just happen no matter what? I mean, I am just about fed-up and done with this FTA crap. That's now a Pansat 3000 Dead! A Digiwave 7000 Dead! Now what appears to be a Pansat 2500 Dead?

Thanks for Your Time,

Sincerely,

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6411
Must use bin 286T...not 286!...obviously U have ALL CLONE receivers!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6412
Simple basic reading for 1 hour would have avoided all these DEAD receivers!...shame on U!

BTW...do NOT double post and make 2 identical threads!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6413
With Pansat bins U need to know some basics, which U can tell usually by the Bin file name..

EXAMPLE ONLY....X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip

X- 8500 = Pansat 1500
X- 75 = Pansat 2300 bin
X- 85 = Pansat 2500
X- 87 = Pansat 2700
X- 88 = Pansat 2800
X- 05 = Pansat 3500
X- 95 = Pansat 5000
X- 60 = Pansat 6000

BL = Blacklist, a coder of Pansat bins

060927 is the date the bin was released/created by Blacklist...so 06 is the year = 2006, 09 = 9th month September, 27 is the day of the month = 27th day, 279 is the actually bin # which usually follows sequence from the previously released bin... so the above bin EXAMPLE means..

X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip....this bin was created/released by Blacklist for the Pansat 2500 on September 27, 2006...and it is bin number 279 which followed bin 278 and the next bin number whenever it is released should be 280..

Also remember that U must use the correct bin for your particular model, they are NOT interchangeable...

Also remember these bins are for Genuine Pansat receivers ONLY, NOT clones(imitations)!..they will damage your clone..

For Pansat CLONES, the bin file names are ALMOST exactly the same but usually will have the letter "T" (for Tested ) after the bin number..such as bin number 279T...if U have a clone pay close attention to this and make sure U use a CLONE safe bin...usually clone bins will also say it in the post that its a Pansat bin made and modified for clones....so READ the description and file name VERY carefully before U attempt to upload it into your receivers..NOT all "T" bins are SAFE for clones either, make sure it says "Clone SAFE", some are just modified for Tivo use and NOT Clone use..

Also Pansat 2700 Clone bins do NOT end with "T", they usually are X-87BL.. date (061108)... bin # (284v)...example X-87BL 061108_ 284v1 and STATE clearly they are pansat 2700 CLONE bin

Pansat 2500 Clone bins will always end in "T"

I have yet to see a Pansat 3500 Clone safe bin...

Lastly again, read the ENTIRE file name, NOT only the bin number, because many times different models (1500-2500-2700 especially) will have the same bin number..and again , they are NOT interchangeable, and will do much damage to your receiver if U use the WRONG bin file!

BTW...the Fortec Ultra, and many others are considered a Pansat 2500 CLONE and uses the same bins as them..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Hello There

Thanks for the response. For starters, sorry about the double post. Not exactly committing a crime though. Chalk it up to either my computer, a glitch, or perhaps a double click without realizing it.

Secondly, thanks for the insult again, but I was using the 286T Bin/File. I may not have put the T after the 286 in the first post, that I am sorry for. I know what Bins/Files to use with clones. I used the Blacklist Updater, and the 286T Bin/File. Everything was great since (Nov.25/06) when it was uploaded. Now this morning, nothing.

As far as the other receivers go? I am certain they were clones, no doubt. It's just how they all died, the same way still has me baffled? Take the Pansat 3000.

Good bin/file, everything was smooth for about (4) months straight, everything rolling. Then, while watching UFC way back in May or June of this year, the screen freezes, the shuts off. FTA was down then for about (3-4) months after that. I thought maybe the ECM did that to the rceiver. My dealer told me the receiver had been hit.

The Digiwave, pretty much same story. This was back in Jan./Feb of this year. Watching DN on it, everything is great, one night I change the channel, and the receiver shuts off. Never came back on again?

So here I am now with another dead receiver, and for what? How can I be watching WWE PPV last night, then seinfeld, news this morning, and then it's gone powerless and dead?

So is it finished? Should I just throw it in the garbage like I did the other two recievers?

Thanks for responding, your info was very helpfull, and if I decide to buy another FTA receiver, I will of course remember that info.

Sincerely,

Gold Member

Post Number: 6414
Clone bins will NOT kill Clone receivers!...so either U are mistaken on what bins U are using or... U have bad fuses ...or are just VERY exceptional and had the power supply unit go bad on EVERY receiver U have owned, which is highly unlikely!...I believe those odds are equal to hitting the lottery!

BTW...double posting is NOT a crime, but RUDE!...and will get U banned at all other sites!...and since U imply U have committed no crime, let me remind U where U are, and what U are doing!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Hello There

So, for a "Double Post", as stated which was an accident, I could be banned? Wow, after everything I read day in and day out on this board between everyone else, one would think my little double click wasn't a crime. Oh well, can't say sorry too many times for the same mistake.

I would agree with you that the chances are High Unlikely. Couldn't be. However, I do know I applied the 286T Bin, which came from DSS Community. It worked since (Nov.25). Just died this morning. That leads me to believe it was infact the 286T bin. I also checked the folder I have it saved in, and it is the 286T bin.

I have no idea? This is the question then? Okay, if someone put the 286 bin on, and used it on a clone, it would fry it. I know that. There would be nothing to fix that, correct? So if someone has the 286T bin on a clone, and this happens, is it the same case? Finished? Or is in both cases, anything you can do? Or is that the end of the line for the receiver?

Thanks again for the insight.

Sincerely,

Gold Member

Post Number: 6418
here's the rules that I wrote at dsscomunity and are common at ALL DSS sites!...yes U can be banned for Double post..U should have read the Rules and dsscomunity when U went there..

RULES:

1..NO LIVE LINKS ALLOWED! There are ONLY 2 exceptions to this rule..
A.. Previously approved by an admin here!
B...Links to dsscommunity and dsscentral threads and pages are always permitted.
Any and all OTHER posts with live links will be deleted immediately! This rule will be strickly enforced and anyone violating it risks being permanently BANNED!

As a REMINDER to Everyone, this rule also applies to the README or ANY files within the .ZIP or .RAR file. So you must PURGE/REMOVE these links and compress (zip or rar) the file again, before you post ANY .zip or .rar file!

2..NO BASHING ALLOWED! If you have a problem with anyone, take it to pm or pm a Mod or Admin for help.

3..NO DISRESPECT FOR MODS OR ADMINS! Bad Attitude is as bad as outright challenges or confrontations. Their word here is FINAL!

4..DO NOT DOUBLE POST! Posting of the same thing in more than 1 post here is not helpful to the members or yourself, and causes problems for everybody.

5..NO POSTING OF ANY KEYS, EXCEPT IN THIS AREA ONLY! ALL keys are permitted ONLY in the "Current Keys" category. NO Posting is permitted in ANY other areas of these forums.

6..NO BUYING, SELLING, OR TRADING OF ANY ITEMS! Only By Site Sponsers.

7..NO HIJACKING OF THREADS! Hijack is to steal or take control of something that is not yours. For example, If a thread Subject is "My receiver keeps rebooting", then don't jump in the thread and post something about your need for the new keys or which LNB should I use. Stay on the Subject of the thread! Look, use the Search tool and find another one with your same issue. Start your own thread, if you can't find similiar issue.

ANY Violations can result in a Permanent Ban, especially rule 3!

Some Guidelines:

Do use the "SEARCH" Tool! You will save yourself MUCH time when looking for a specific issue or information. Use this Tool FIRST before you post! Also check and READ to see if what you seek has already been asked, before you post.

Please post in the APPROPRIATE TOPIC area. For example, If you have a question or info regarding a specific receiver such as a Pansat 3500, then post your info and questions in that area! If you see "moved" in front of a thread and want to read the thread, just click on the "moved " thread and it will bring you to the new location of the thread, for you to still read it. It has NOT been deleted.

In these FORUMS here, Please post LATEST/current BIN type files ONLY in the FILES area for that particular manufacturer (example Viewsat Files). Please use the Files area for Files , and NOT discussions. Do NOT post LATEST BINS in Specific make/model TOPIC areas such as Viewsat Extreme. Items such as "How to use the SD card" or "How to Fix the B70 error message" that are SPECIFIC to ONLY a SPECIFIC make and model such aa the Pansat 3500, should be posted in ONLY that specific make and model TOPIC, NOT the FILES area...

When you do start a new thread/subject, then please be specific as to the Subject and the the thread title. Do not post "Need Help". Post something more definitive like "Need manual key input instructions for my Pansat 2500".

Please do NOT PM (private message) the admins and mods here for technical advice, regarding this hobby. Those things should be posted in the forums for all to help and answer. WE want all members to contribute and share, so all can participate and share their info and experiences!

It is highly recommended that you use the Key finder utility programs posted in the "Current Key" area for obtaining the latest keys for yourself..

Please report any problems that you have regarding our sponsors (advertisers) here to the Live Chat first...ask for an "op" to help you..this will usually result in quickest resolution.

Please remember that there are many members and various degrees of knowledge, so be courteous of others.

Enjoy your stay here and call this your Dss home site. Our purpose is to provide and share info in a friendly manner for ALL the members..Join our family here and again please do share and participate..also remember there is a Live Chat link here to the Live HELP CHAT area located at www.dsscentral.n*et available for your immediate needs. They also have a File Share area for you to download files or upload any that you may want to share..and dsscentral.ne*t also has a "Latest Filez" area for your File needs.

------------------------------------------------------------

AGAIN bin 286T (especially from dsscomunity) did NOT kill your receiver!...thousands have been and are still using it!...U cannot kill a clone receiver with a clone bin...that simple!...solution, yes...Jtag...ALL reputable sites have Jtag sections for info, or any electronics shop for $50-$60, can do it!..

Username: Theknnegrow

Post Number: 8
You'll have to excuse LK...it's that time of the month, and he is a little grumpy...plus he never got around to fixing the leak in his roof on his trailer...his fat wife is nagging at him that she has to empty the water bowl every 3 hours because of the leak...maybe the fcuking fruitcake should spend less time on here and get that god damn leak fix...lazy fcuking cocck sucker..ROTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 6429
Actually I just bought tickets for 6 Red Sox games... in Florida in March, while U are freezing your Candian azz off in your 5th floor low income efficiency....

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 40
can't you get banned fer that kinda shite...??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6438
for what shi*t?..and banned here?...very unlikely for any reason..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6439
for what shi*t?..posting rules of another site?...saying I bought SOX tickets?...

and banned here?...very unlikely for any reason..whats your point?...nobody follows any rules here!...and nobody enforces any either!

Bronze Member
Username: Destine0429

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 27
Lmao, hey LK, I got banned before. Had to make myself a new account. By the way, the cold here in Canada isn't so bad. It's fun to take the kids and make snow angels and snow men. But then again, I could do without the snow storms

Gold Member

Post Number: 6440
and if U are referring to others above me and their posts, Kneegrows and all his aliases "cripple war cook" etc has posted like that here for over 3 years...thats nothing NEW!...and the rest is informative or posts of questions...

Bronze Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 28
Well, I've seen their posts before. And if it was up to me, they would have been banned long time ago. It's ridiculous the things that people on here get away with. I can't believe MINN ROCK and I were banned for one night of pic wars. God knows who else got banned for trying to get attention from the Admins.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6443
I was here that nite...actually I started the pic war with "Paul L" from other Forums here...then U all joined in...but I didn't stay here long (20 min) after I posted the FIRST pic, so I missed many of the pics..

Bronze Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 41
John Paul,

If you're still checking this thread out, just wondering if the three receivers that you have had trouble with were all plugged into the same electrical outlet when they stopped working? Perhaps a power surge is the culprit rather than a bad bin file?

Bronze Member
Username: Minn_rocks

H-Town.....

Post Number: 57
U can say that again Julie..those D1ckweed take my gold away..now i am learning how to walk again..LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 6445
Dry...John Paul has a duplicate thread he started and has been answered many times...your thoughts of bad outlet and power shorts/surges are in other thread ...along with poor ventilation creating too much heat to cause 3 receivers to die...

he should have never started 2 identical threads!...and I've dealt with him before and he never listens but keeps asking....he writes fairly well but doesn't listen, comprehend, or diskikes answers cause he thinks he already knows better..he can do the talk, but not the walk..

Bronze Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 42
There was no mention of the electrical outlet surging causing the boxes to burn out in this or the other thread. I would say it is important to check as a poorly or faulty wired electrical outlet is much more serious than a few fried FTA boxes.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 497
Especially at Chrismas time! he has been warned,get the outlets checked!

Silver Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 256
Anybody who has burned out three or more receivers deserves the flames hes get'n.

CLONE?
HEAT?
SURGE?
SHORT?
MORON?
TOUGH LUCK?

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 503
lmao!Thats funny Herb.

Bronze Member
Username: Tangwu

Seattle, Washington US

Post Number: 21
if u wanna send me ur dead pansat 3500 ill pay for shipping. Email me @ tangwu2k2@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
Dont think he got a 3500.Any interest in a dead 1022 dvb card.

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
Got several dead computer power suppies too, if your interested.

Bronze Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 30
Me 2 MINN, I'm back to bronze from Silver 8>(
Not fair.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Hello There

I would like to thank the person who sent their suggestion along regarding the power outlet. Good thought. Took it to my dealer this morning, and it's the fuse. Same problem as the Pansat 3000 Clone way back when. The Digiwave still remains to have been hurt from the ECM along while back. But thanks for the thought.

I would like to thank LK for taking the time yesterday with supplying some info, and trying to point me in the right direction. I would also like to thank LK for trash talking about me in the post further.

I like how he now has me as a "Double Poster", even though yesterday was the 1st Time I ever did that, and again, that was an accident. Oh well, LK has his take on everyone, and it appears he knows all about me, and what I am like.

God knows if I sat here everyday worrying about what he and others though, I would have no life. So anyhow, thanks for the info and help yesterday, and thanks for the trash talking again. Made for a funny laugh before lunch today:-)

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 227
John
I can see how politely you addressed your concerns I hope everyone is this polite but you never mentioned no display. If you power anything electrical wouldn't be first thing to look at. But anyway good luck continue to ask questions
King

Gold Member

Post Number: 6450
KT..I believe "powerless" would be = NO display..

John..glad its just a simple fuse as I first mentioned to U above....keep in mind about ventillation and heat in future..and of course surge protectors whenever using expensive electronic items..

when I speak I try to make an IMPACT, so I'm not wasting my time...I did have a previous issue with U once, that lasted for days and become very redundant..thats what I remember, If I misjudged U then prove me different (which U did in this post)...I will say U were a easy and simple to deal with on this issue, and if U think I was being malicious, then U don't really know me either..

Bronze Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 34
/\ Still making friends I see! Good for you, LK!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6457
ill...U have an appropriate username..

Bronze Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 35
/\ C'mon, you can do better than that... "ill"... that was weak!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Afrimpeja

Forest hills, Ny Usa

Post Number: 21
i have 2 pansats 2700 both was working al of suden one of tham is not givin me signal quality what can be
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us