Ilo-26hd help

Username: David_t

Post Number: 1
I have an ILO-26HD LCD TV. The controls (either on the side panel or by remote) do not respond (except the power). Any suggestions?

Username: Tfrankco

David: did you ever get any help with this problem? I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same set. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance - tony

Username: Cfutch

same model, same problem here. happened around the same time, too. Any leads yet? - thanks, Cindi

Username: Nixxon

I just had the same issue. did anyone get an answer? anyone have a phone number for tech support? thanks!

Username: Blackfood

I have the same problem, any solutions?

Username: Slchand

I guess I'm lucky, I don't have the same problem as everyone else. But I don't have a tech support number either. My problem is that no matter what I try the picture never takes up the whole screen, in widescreen mode the image is streched out, with a blank space above and below, the best I can do is play a movie in 'movie mode', and it appears in proportion, but floating in the middle of the screen, just like a standard TV image. Any Ideas?

Username: Slchand

Post Number: 2
Actually come to think of it I did have the same problem, but only for a little while, I turned it off and unplugged it, then plugged it in again, and it worked, don;t ask me why. It had worked before, and has worked ever since.

Anyone have any luck yet? What did everone do? Did you get a new tv or keep using the old one? I have it hooked up to a surround sound system for volume contorl but its annoying. thanks!

Username: Purpleshades57

We are having those problems too along with trouble with getting the sound high enough. I can hear the TV just fine,but my husband is having a lot of trouble hearing this TV. We have just purchased new speakers and are having trouble hooking them up. Any one good in this area?
Thanks

Hi everyone,
I have a website for ILO. It is not listed on flat screen TV ctns, but it is on the other styles. It is www.funai-corp.com. It seems they also carry parts for Emerison and other electronic names. Have not checked it out too deeply yet to see if there is a support line. But we have a start now. Good Luck!
I think we have come to the conclusion that our Audio ports are bad on our TV. It is going back to Wal-Mart on Monday.

Post Number: 3
I have located an address and phone number for Funai-corp. That makes ILO LCD TVs. It is:
Funai Corproation Headquarters
201 Route 17 North, Suite 903
Rutherford, NJ 07070
201-288-2063
Hopes this helps everyone out with their TV problems.

Post Number: 3
Anyone have any luck with that number?

Post Number: 4
We gave up and took our TV back and bought a name brand from Radio Shack. Sounds much better and no problems!!

Post Number: 4
I cant take it back to walmart. Its past the 90 return mark. What should I do?

Post Number: 5
I would question WalMart about this problem along with a copy of the comments here and tell them you have had no luck with support from manufacturer and also relay the same information to the better business bureau. They might have advice too. I would think WalMart will help you resolve this issue with an inferior product. Worth a try anyway and ask them for ideas to deal with a bad support team.

Post Number: 5
I did talk to walmart. This is the first time I have been disappointed with their customer service. I was unable to provide a recipt since it was a gift from my mother for xmas. I cant even get a credit card to look up the recipt sice my mother passed away just over a month ago. I am so upset I just cant believe I cant get any help. If I could get replacement parts I could install them myself.

Post Number: 6
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Try corporate office of WalMart. Have you tried the BBB?

Post Number: 6
I did try the BBB. I posted a complaint on their site but I have not had any luck with them. I also called their office and they said (in a nut shell), that Wal-Mart is a large company and most complaints do not get resolved to the customers satisfaction. Most of the time its decided because of Wal-Mart policy (No receipt, no return).

If ILO would do a recall I would be fine. Until then I am stick with what I have.

Username: Blackfood

I sent my 26' ilo lcd television back to the manufacture in california,I called the toll free # purchease a box, because i distroyed the one that i got with the TV, they sent me the box and i sent the Tv to them for fixing.Wish me lock....

Post Number: 7
Good Luck!Let me know if it works.

Post Number: 8
Interesting Update!

I contacted a lawyer, actually it was a friends who is a lawyer and we were talking about my situation.

He contacted wal-mart corporate headquaters. They said that you could bring the TV back to the store purchased and they would give you a giftcard with the amount paid.

They are aware of the defect and are taking the company ILO to court.

SOOOOOO.... contact walmart HQ and you to can have a new tv JUST LIKE ME!!!! :-)

Post Number: 7
Nick, I am so glad that things have turned around for you. Sometimes it doesn't pay to give up. We bought an Akia TV from Radio Shack and it is bigger than the ILO and the same price. Longer warranty too. They even came out and hooked everything up for free. We have a great TV with surround sound now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us