Need help keep losing my q signal

Bronze Member
Username: Gocuse3

Post Number: 18
can anyone tell me what to do, it keeps going out when i use my epg, so i turn the receiver off i the back , i have a viewsat extreme, when i turn it back on it works but as soon as i go to the epg and change channels i lose the signal again, anyone have an ideal what the problem might be thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6330
could be many things...U need to do a process of elimination...start with the SWITCH and CABLES/CONNECTIONS..

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 190
Tony
Your cables and connections are fine
You need an updated bin
Sounds like you got old bin
A lot of things getting old lately

Gold Member

Post Number: 6333
King ...how do U know his hardware is "fine"?...his symptoms are a classic example of a switch problem, more than likely!.... or too long of a cable run, or a cable or connection becoming bad...

yes it could be a bin, but most current bins (VS 12-13) that most people are using, aren't having that problem ...and he never mentions that he is using an older bin.

either way, he should be fine, if stops , thinks, and does a simple process of elimination routine, it is very simple to eliminate many various possible causes..and find the exact cure..

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
I'm just playing with you LK
Hey Tony please tell LK your hardware is fine
tell him you don't have latest bin

I'm sure

Gold Member

Post Number: 6346
Gastrognome
Username: Gastrognome

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 02:59 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tony, your viewsat may need the latest bin 061213x

MAY is a VERY big word!...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6347
and older bins during EMM, caused FREEZING and continous rebooting by itself...NOT problem with channel changing..

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
Merry Christmas Tony
Big man finally agrees

Gold Member

Post Number: 6350
I never agreed..but Tony needs to tell us some more details!...we are both pissin in the wind here, but I think I'm a better shot than U...LMAO...unless U are sandbaggin me on some info he posted already..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us