Who can answer this ????

Bronze Member
Username: Playa_zihua

Post Number: 44
Why did I lose fox nbc abc cbs from the westcoast and my eastcoast fox nbc abc cbs all freeze and tile and help would be great ty in advance

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6318
Court ordered...gone forever!...channels 242-248....Distant LA-NY "locals" major networks..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Aint that a beotch LK why do the eastcoast work in the daytime not at night

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 26
what does spot beam mean?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6319
its not a day/night thing...they are gone always now!

spot beam means just like the word implies...a BEAM (signal) is sent to a specific geographical SPOT location area ONLY....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
LK im in mexico and i get the eastcoast until about 5 in the usa

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
you still around LK

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 16
im in the east nothing is missing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
cartier where in the east

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Does anybody get east west coast channels and where are you

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 150
I do and I'm central.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
guys im in mexico and the east work in daytime not night do you get west and east where you are

Bronze Member
Username: Juancho

Superior Lake, ON Canada

Post Number: 59
They are gone now, no more distante network channales. There"s a ph# to call

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 421
Nimiq is still carrying east and west networks from all i can tell

Bronze Member
Username: Juancho

Superior Lake, ON Canada

Post Number: 60
Hey Ryerson Chang, Who's talking about Bell?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6322
obvious some here are not on the same page...DN channels 242-248...GONE... LA-NY...ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS...even NPS doesn't have them now..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
LK im am sitting here right now watching DN 247 245 243 and 241 but in the evening they go out freeze up or tile i was just wondering why they work in the day and not the night ty

Username: Blierso

Post Number: 9
DN 241, 243, 245, 247 on the east coast still working fine @ 12:20PM Dec.16

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Blierso here also do they work at night as well

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 279

Oct. 20th USA Court Ruling.
NO DISTANT NETWORK CHANNELS STARTING as of Dec; the first.CHANNELS 241,242,243,244,245,246,247 & 248.USA Court Ruling does not apply to Mexico & Canada.

Silver Member

Post Number: 280

We are talking about DISTANT NETWORK not you local network. On you local network NBC ABC CBS and FOX are still there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Kavin im getting east not west how does that work then if Im in mexico

Silver Member

Post Number: 282

From what bird are you getting East?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
im getting it from 119 but at night it freezes and tiles

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Marijuanaville, Stoned Easy

Post Number: 129
I'm on the east coast and dont get them with my fta boxes, but i do on plastic. go figure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Shlitz yeah go figure lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6337
U GUYS ARE STILL TALKING APPLES AND ORANGES, I THINK...SIMPLE FACT...THEY ARE GONE IN US!...ALL SPOTBEAMED NOW TO SMALL GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS.,..NOT EVEN RURAL AREAS CAN GET THEM..

in fact a senator from Michigan is fighting the court thru Congress to get them back for his people who live in the UP Northern Michigan!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
LK then why are we watching them right now

Gold Member

Post Number: 6354
U tell me!...DN is NOT sending the signals anymore on channels 242-248 (Distant Networks LA-NY)TPs that U can receive...it was due to a court order and appeal (October, effective 1 Dec) which they DN (echostar) lost...then DN tried to circumvent it by leasing TPs/sats to NPS who were selling them to subscribers and maintained the signals for those Distant DN network channels...now NPD was stopped bt Decisionmark...

With EchoStar being forced to turn its back to the 800,000-or-so DISH Network subscribers that had been receiving its distant network signals, the company was holding out for some legislative relief that never came. But now that the blackout has reached across the entire country, and certain constituents are being affected, one Congressman has sponsored a bill designed to settle the dispute and turn the signals back on.

Because rural residents - specifically those in northern Michigan - have lost access to their distant network signals, Congressman Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) has signed onto legislation that would allow a settlement of the dispute that is blocking DISH from carrying the out-of-market channels. According to a release from Stupak's office, the legislation would make clear that the court has the authority to accept any settlement reached between the networks, broadcasters and the satellite company allowing individual agreements for DISH to provide network programming.

While "we cannot allow DISH Network to break the law, this legislation would help allow a balanced solution that upholds the law, but does not penalize rural television viewers," Stupak said. "This legislation does not guarantee a solution, but it at least gives the court authority to accept any agreements between the networks, the broadcasters and DISH."

Stupak said that his constituents who lost their network signals due to the dispute may have other options - namely cable or DIRECTV -but that those services are not always available. The Congressman said he would continue to work with his colleagues for a solution "that upholds the law, but does not penalize rural television viewers," - especially in Michigan.

In related news, National Programming Service - the company offering distant network signals to alienated DISH subs - is now facing problems of its own for trying to provide the service recently taken from EchoStar. Last week, NPS was forced to stop connecting customers to the out-of-market signals because Cedar Rapids-based Decisionmark - the company maintaining white-area household databases - stopped processing the company's clearance requests. The move by Decisionmark to withhold its data from NPS keeps the satellite company from determining potential customers' eligibility to receive the distant nets.

According to a court filing, NPS President Mike Mountford said that the broadcasters are strong-arming Decisionmark claiming the service it's providing violates the court's ruling against EchoStar and if continued would face contempt proceedings. The broadcasters "have launched the legal equivalent of total war against NPS, with all the secondary effects and destruction that such implies," the company wrote.

Decisionmark VP of Operations Herb Skoog told SkyREPORT "there is nothing Decisionmark can comment on regarding this situation," and attempts to reach Mountford were unsuccessful. As of press time, EchoStar had not answered requests for comment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
well all that you typed or pasted I am still watching all east coast channels sorry that your not not trying to act like a jerk about it but i have all the channels and ready for football on sunday

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 235
I live in Fairfield CA and right now I can get 242 NBC-LA,244 CBS LA, 246 ABC LA and 248 Fox. I used to be able to get CBS NY but I lost that.

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 236
Maybe people who live on the west coast can't get east coast channels and vice versa because I'm not getting any of the east coast channels I used to get but I'm getting all the west coast channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
im in mexico jojogun and i get east coast nut sometimes freez do you get that at all

Gold Member

Post Number: 6358
jojo....the channels are now ONLY spotbeamed, which means U must live in that local area to receiver the signals..they are NO longer "Distant" national Locals networks..this is VERY plain and simple..

anyone who doesn't understand, go read at....
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

12/15/06

Anyone who "moved" to Los Angeles to get networks... SURPRISE! Los Angeles ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox local channels (Channels 242, 244, 246, 248 and mirrored on channels 8000-8003) moved from tp 11 to tp 3 SPOT BEAM 5 at 119°. IOW if you do not live in Southern, CA, you cannot get these channels any more. (ANON/Scott G at Satelliteguys.US).
iShop channel 229 moved from tp 3 to tp 16 at 110° (ANON)
TEEZ channel 487 moved from tp 16 to tp 3 at 110° (ANON)

more info here since 11-25
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/listlogs.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
I'm in michigan and i get the west on plastic but not my fta. i still dont understand that one? Please explain. it cant be a blackout string type a thing. no need for them in fta everythings wide open isnt it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
plus i live in d-town so the u.p. wouldnt have an affect on me. if for some how that cam in the into it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6362
read the links above...u will learn something!

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
learn what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6365
LMAO...if U don't read it, U will never know...unbelievable!

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
but that still dont anwser why i get it on plastic and not fta.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
LK i think your alright n all but a high percent of anything you say aint telling me a fuking thing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6367
U need a hearing ear dog..

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
lol ill drink to that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6368
FTA or plastic, it doesn't matter...FTA is NOT "wide open", it has some limitations, and NO tiers to add or update..use to be that 242-248 channels and ALL locals were "aio" , but no more.....FTA is more like an old DTV 3M with restricted locals and some channels missing based upon the "activation" file, and the sub U used!

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
that might make cent$ i wasnt looking that direction. never subbed, though i am privately cloned. i dont like aio sh1t. plus ive been pumping right along. good for me i guess. thanks LK. widening my horizon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us