Charlie

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 474
Flash back to late 60's and early 70's looking to see what Charlie is up to.Now 06/07 still trying to see what Charlie is up to.I don't like Charlie.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6301
60-70's??? ...I don't think so!...

1980 -Echostar
1995- Dishnet

HISTORY

EchoStar's story began in 1980 when Chairman and CEO, Charlie Ergen, entered the satellite television industry as a distributor of C-band TV systems. Joined by his wife, Candy, and friend, James DeFranco, EchoStar Communications Corporation was formed. Operations quickly expanded and the Company earned a reputation for innovation, while focusing on providing customers with state-of-the-art equipment, systems and service.

In 1987, EchoStar filed for a Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) license with the Federal Communications Commission and was granted access to orbital slot 119° West Longitude in 1992. The Company began its move toward providing its own DBS service on December 28, 1995, with the successful launch of EchoStar I. That same year, EchoStar established the DISH Network brand name.

EchoStar II, launched on September 10, 1996, expanded DISH Network's capacity. As EchoStar continued to acquire new orbital slots (61.5°, 148° and 110°), it added to its fleet of satellites. EchoStar III was sent into orbit on October 5, 1997. This was followed by the launch of EchoStar IV on May 8, 1998, and EchoStar V on September 23, 1999. On July 14, 2000, over 10,000 EchoStar employees worldwide gathered to celebrate the launch of EchoStar VI. Today, the nine satellites that make up the EchoStar fleet have the capacity to provide hundreds of channels of digital video, audio and data services via DISH Network service to homes, businesses and schools throughout the United States.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 479
Sorry,it was a spoof on nam,"charlie"u now vietcom,my bad.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6303
ahh..yeah I knew a few Charlie's (u mean the VC) in around ..Da Nang and Bien Hoa , but VERY briefly!...something I try NOT to remember..Charlie today in DSS in not the VC..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us