Username: Bigdriveboy

Post Number: 1
Is the Viewsat Extreme a good purchase?
Where do you recommend buying it from?

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 471
Vs ultra or extremeview magnum,ultra is the newer vsat.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6298
all 3 are good..U need to decide if ther areany specific features u want...card ready?...USb ready?...etc..

I recommend buying from www.efta.us ...safe and honest- reputable site ...with live chat and software support for the products they sell..

Extremeview is a very good receiver which has had excellent support since its beginning..

Silver Member
Username: Cableboxtv

Post Number: 132
Any viewsat is a good deal. The Viewsat Ultra is the newest and works great. Make sure you get it with a USB drive if you don't already have one. I'd buy from a site with a toll free phone number and with low prices. Do some shopping around. Check out http://www.xtraba.com

Bronze Member
Username: Kriskros

Post Number: 87
consider this: in the last 2 months there had been about 3 to 4 fixes issued for Viewsat and 1 or 2 for Magnum. Which receiver did not need fixes and the last improvement (not really a fix) was issued on Nov 3? Which receiver was up and running in summer 2006 while viewsat, pansat, and all other clones and copies were useless or needed an actual card to work? That is right my friend: Neosat iPro 1000 with internet connection. Now you can buy a new one from a dealer for about $150. FYI, I have both Viewsat Platinum and Neosat iPro 1000. I also have broadband internet connection so I can use the internet feature for my receiver. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6376
yeah...and compromise your safety too with that net sharing IPro 1000...No thanks..

Bronze Member
Username: Kriskros

Post Number: 88
LK has a point. You need a more advanced setup, use IP anonymizer, or more advanced network configuration, just to play it safe. Thank you LK for poiting that out. Big brother is always watching.

Username: Bigdriveboy

Post Number: 2
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. I've been reading and learning about this, just want to make sure I understand this.

I do have one more question, will the software used to communicate with the receiver work with Windows 98 Second Edition?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6408
yep...NP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us