Questions to all Advanced Users from King

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 179

In this thread I Urge experienced users to participate together. My objective is share our knowledge thru the power of this forum. To all the skilled users this your chance. I like to intercept every single beam around my house. Fewer readers will find this helpful so please do not look for new keys or latest bins etc. here. I will appreciate if you don't post any unrelated issues. ANY JOKE OR STUPID COMMENTS, JUST SIMPLY IGNORE. I'm trying a newer approach to help using available resources. Thanx for your support.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
I'm in the process of sketching different ways to install every single SAT as a challenging science project using best available resources. Keep in mind there is no one way to do so. So I welcome every single suggestion from the easiest to the most advanced. I will give credit on the sketch to each person who participated with me.
SATs:
Or any other SAT available to decode
Please keep in mind 93 is a new SAT available and soon will be more
All I need is a LIST OF PARTS: Angle, dish size, LNB type, Switch, Receiver, etc. I will do a dry run before I post in King's Corner
Dead line One week from today 12/21/06

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 272

Hey Sky King
Are you sure that 93 is a new sat?
I thought that I have seen it at Lyngsat.
All well maybe Iam Wrong.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Kavin
Lyngsat is very outdated got stuff from 2001
But 93 Intel-Sat-6 will start to carry new international that can't fit all on 97
What I meant new channels will start to come in to 93
You don't have to include what is not familiar

Hey LK any input yet?
Looking forward I know you got good stuff no rush!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
Common guys don't leave me alone
There are dozens ways to do it
No more hobbyists left we're all professionals now!
Where are the skilled players?
Yes I know you are listening why don't you join me?
All you care about is auto roll and new bins!!!

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
Wave Frontier Toroidal T90 Dish w LNBFs
Main Reflector: 38"x 43"
Sub Reflector: 14"x33"
Weight: 31 Lb
Polarization: Circular and Linear
Operating Frequency: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
Multi Sat Range: 40 degrees in arc
Band Gain @ 12.5 G Hz: 39dbW -- 40 dbW
Price: $230.00 USD

Wave Frontier T55 Multi LNB Dish w LNBFs
Main Reflector: 34"x 38"
Sub Reflector: 13"x33"
Weight: 28 Lb
Polarization: Circular and Linear
Operating Frequency: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
Multi Sat Range: 40 degrees in arc
Band Gain @ 12.5 G Hz: 39dbW -- 40 dbW
Price: $190.00 USD

Both available on www-thesatelliteshop-net

Username: Antiscums

Post Number: 9
Hello King
i was wondering if U can help me
i got a very old big AlphaStar/Hughes dish about 37 inch oval point to 97 deg W
had what looks like 2 lnb with a switch all shown photo one cable to receiver
i have Fortec i tried to load FTA chan. it will scan and everything but no chan at all. So I bought View Sat 2000 Xtreme same result both 78% signal 75% Quality. So I bought 2 different linear lnb with diseqc switch now i get 78% signal very small Q. My connections are right no channels. What can i do to get 97 FTA

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6335
forget the switch...run cable directly from 97W LNB to receiver and input antenna'dish receiver settings and upload factory bin and do a scan....if NO channels, then dish is NOT aligned correctly or U have bad cable or connections..

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
- If you are trying to get sat 97 why 2 LNBs
- I have no idea what is the other LNB. my best guess this is an old Linear LNB with some kind of gain booster. it maybe for C-band. I'm not the best person to answer this.

Since you changed it already linear is good for 97
could be many things...U need to do a process of elimination...start with the SWITCH and CABLES/CONNECTIONS..

I'll show you how to check it
- If this is an old installation change connectors (good crimps)
- Use RG6 (quad shield)

- since you got your DISEqC switch with 2 lnbs
you can get 97 and 93
this how you test your switch
In antenna setup
- go to 97 assign to port-1 (watch % )
- go to 93 assign to port-2 (watch % )
If % change e.g. from 75% to 78% connections are good including DISEqC simply change cables
If they stay unchanged bad DISEqC switch
You may want to also consider one coupler (F to F) with no switch
MAKE SURE RECEIVER OFF WHEN CHANGE CABLES AND SWITCHES.
Good luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 6345
Ya think!....LMAO...LOUD echo in here..

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
That is an old Direct TV LK
What do you think? C-band?

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
Hey LK I'm just playing with you
Great guy
I own my business I'm not an employed $2M operation
I lost my job at bell labs 12 years ago
So I operated a business in my field
40 years old
My wife is shopping now
Got to go
If I don't watch thr Rangers game I'll miss it
got it on Tivo and don't you dare tell me the score!!! I do this to skip commercials
Talk to you Monday!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6351
If you need a circular polarized LNB look for words describing it as "DSS" or "DBS" or "circular" or a combination of these terms.

If you need a linear polarized LNB look for words describing it as "FSS" or "FTA" or "linear" or a combination of these terms (FYI: All Universal LNB's are linear LNB's).

I see "DSS" on the LNB...so its NOT Linear!..it could be a Bev, Charloe or Dave POS old LNB...that black thing on the right could be a "dildoe" for all I can tell (who cares, don't need it or use it)...and that switch "priceless" (whatever it is....don't need it or use a disque switch, if using 2 new LNB's )....LMAO

Username: Antiscums

Post Number: 10
thankyou i will rewire cables in the morning
these cables and dish from 1996. if this is circuilar why did they hook it to big dish
whatever this black thing this is what they were using in 1996. i used to get bills from direct TV after AlphaStar. It says HUghes on dish. i did replace switch with diseqc that came with viewsat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Don't get red of this stuff

Alpha Star went out of business in 1997 DTV took over for 2 years I have no resources to know what frequency they were using before Intel Sat but I would bet either Circuilar 4G Hz C-band or rare linear also 4G Hz. I wish you didn't unplug it this stuff is true pricless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
Actually I did some checking and I think it is some kind of external feedhorn for a Universal LNB

- Feehorn with scalar rings.
- Feedhorn boss which holds the feed and alows for rotation for setting polarity.
-focus dishes where the make of dish is not known
or the dish has been discontinued. For example could be used
with "Trac" dishes that are being converted from a combined feed, polariser & block type LNB to a flange universal LNB.
It is feedhorn, boss & feed SAS
The dish can become a flange universal LNB
IT IS STILL BEING USED BETER THAN EVER

Gold Member

Post Number: 6370
LNBF...

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
No kidding
I used the word external

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 36
king tape . i tought in the begining you are pro and u wanna talk about experimenting stuff. now u talk about your hel crab and with who with a faaaaaaaaaaaag lk . good luck with your bullshit

Gold Member

Post Number: 6465
we have a disgruntled wannabe FTA user in our domain here.....LMAO

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 13
Tomarrow is your dead line King.... I sure hope that things are going ok... I am sorry I cant help But this sounds very interesting and perhasp even a learning exprience so please do tell us how things went.
I hate asking for help and like to learn things on my own by reading others input.
oh and one more thing .... sorry for hyjacking this thread but I do have a problum with Echo 7.. My Fortec doesnt pick it up at all. Even after doing a factory reset. I tried everything but its not commin in. any sudjestions would be nice.
MERRY CRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to all

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
I came to this forum thinking it is Satellite forum in a big electronics exhibit. I learned it is totally hijacked by FTA receivers which I admit I tried for the heck of it, few made fun that I didn't understand auto roll. Found biggest low life that I ever seen (the list could be endless) I'll never insult or make fun of anyone BUT TRUELY FEW THAT I WAS HOPING TO EXCHANGE KNOWLEDGE that know satellites well. I'm up to something interesting in the eyes of Sky Hobby with my knowledge of physics and electronics I will be switching Forums soon.
I'm not disappointed but still continue to search
Good luck to all

Bronze Member
Username: Leon_kookie

Post Number: 55
The black lnb is like that of a Primestar or Globecast system.. It's works great for telestar 5 most of them have 2 conectors on them one for vertical tp's the other for horizontial.

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
You are right about PS and GC
But the black is a feedhorn not an LNB at all
The LNB is most likely an old LNB not LNBF
together they work like LNBF
Today's LNBs are all LNBF
This is 10 to 15 year old Technology
However very reliable it makes a 30" dish work like 45" (no dirty ideas please)

Horn is like a speaker(output), LNB is like a microphone (input)
with correct gain value you create desired signal amplification without lost in feedback
I will have a full explaination when I get more time for now this is my best description. I would love to get my hands on this horn to try other combinations I bet you someone on e-bay will have it one day I like to run some experiments.

Anyway this is how today's linear LNB become Universal LNBF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
The LNB is a model NJR2119F
they are dual, independent LNBs, mounted
in a single LNBF housing.

For fta you need a DTV-style 2 or 3 input multiswitch. Hook the LNB up to the
2 inputs. One for H tp's the other for V tp's
or use a disqe switch H input #1 V Input#2 ..But doing so is a pain.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
What are you talking about?
You can call it an LNB but I'm telling you it is a feedhorn for an LNB
Go to googles type feedhorn see what it looks like
I thoght you know electronics
I still think you do
Are you going to believe me or believe an installation tech?
King

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 180
dsscommunity has it right.
Its a lnbf w/seperate v and h outputs.
I use one for 123w.

It was used a lot on primestar dishes for receiving KU LINEAR SATS.(97,123,127,ect.)

King Tape are you really that stupid as to post what you just guess is right or do you have some other reason to post this trash.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Just like kitty is saying... I also have one and use it to grab telstar 5 97 to watch other kitty's do the cat walk on fashion tv :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
Listen both
Kitty & DSS
I don't care what you use it for
I explained breifly sample and feedback
Simple basic building block of signal amplification
Applies to both vertical and horizontal
Feedhorn just like its name
If you both got electronics background I can explain it in detail if you don't just accpet the name for now!!!
Upload

The satellite dish itself is simply a reflector that redirects the satellite signal and focuses it toward the Feed Horn. If you were to break open the white plastic portion of the dish, you would see that inside is a wire mesh that reflects the signal.
The LNB (Low Noise Block) RECEIVES the satellite signal from space.
The 2 Watt TransmitterTRANSMITS to the satellite in orbit.
The Feedhorn is the snowcone shaped instrument that is designed to cut down on ambient signal noise.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
I came up across this part on google as a feedhorn only to be combined with a block LNB and I can't seem to find it again. But do you know what it may have the LNB Block itself on the bottom portion of the feedhorn which I can't see from the dark photo and I thoght it is an external feedhorn. If does have the Block part then it is an LNBF (both LNB + feedhorn)
Then you both are right
It was by Hughes it even showed how it is to be aligned with the LNB I know I'm not insane

Silver Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 261
Here's a side view.
The left portion is the feedhorn.Cylinder is the lnbf.
You cant see in this pic there are 2 coax connectors, one for (V) one for (H).Upload

They work great for KU LINEAR SATS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
Upload
DUH!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Herb..

He is relentless... He is wrong none the less.

His picture is like comparing apples and oranges.. They both round but thats about it.. Not even close... Oh well we had his best interest at heart..

"old dog new tricks"

:-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
Hes try'n to learn.I learn by making mistakes all the time too.Break it open and see whats in it i always say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Dss Comm
I will owe you an apology if this is an LNBF
I thought you are trying to break my balls and I didn't pay attention to post # 56 because you always act selly with LK so I'm sorry about that. Post #9 photo refers to an earlier type which I thought as an external feedhorn and the picture is really dark, but they do make seperate external feedhorn for Block LNB and this maybe it. Even if it is LNBF from electronics prospective it has to be used as a gain booster this still within feedhorn fuctions. But yes I'm still guessing an educated guess for an uknown part is the best I'm able to provide. I only see photo with no schematics.

As far as Kitty there are a lot more polite ways to express disagreements you may not choose this kind of name for me.

It seems like you all got same part and I don't so I did offer my best guess. gain booster/feedhorn and truthfully I don't know this part as a part#. In a circuit I did give its purpose.
King

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
No sweat!

Bronze Member
Username: Golbole

Post Number: 11
hi everyone. Just down-loaded 2500-package from dsscommunity*com. Besides BL-updater and 286T bin file it also has a file named Pansat-91,110,119.cmproj. Can somebody please tell what this file is for and how to use it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6488
its a channel list for channel master program...U can do "scans" with your receiver instead..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us