Need Help Pointing Dish

Username: Maxedout

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Pansat 2700A receiver. I have it connected to the DTV 18" 3 LNB dish. I think the dish is pointing at El 48 and Az between 200-240 (S-SW). My zipcode is 32218. I've had DirecTV before so I'm not sure if I need to change the direction of the dish or not.

I can't seem to get a good quality signal on the Echo 3/Ku, actually on all the satellites listed. My level signal is around 74-80%.

I'm trying to get pointed to the Echo 3 satellite. Please can you help me with my problem?

Max.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 448
First the level indicator is telling you that your connection and lnb are good .Your zip means nothing to me but u can look up your elev/azimuth on charts.But yes you have to reaim your dish, and nomatter where you are you have to turn it left[ EAST] probably 39 1/2degrees if it was aimed for dtv101w .Aim south and slowly play with it to you hit 61.5w thats echo 3 it's a easy sat to hit.Most sites have info on aiming your dish and guides.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 267

Hey Max

Here is what you will need to do to catch this Bird.Your elevation of (48) degrees is OK. By you Zip Code your azimuth setting should be (143) degrees.With these setting you should be on EchoStar 3 @ 61.5 W IF NOT
With some help or a satellite finder slowly move your Dish side to side, up or down very very very slow until you have a good quality signal.
A piece of cake.
}

Post Number: 2
Thanks. I was able to get both the level and quality to about 90%. Now the receiver is doing channel scan, but it's pretty slow. Since last night it has only done 65%. Do I need to install a bin file?

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
To scan EchoStar 3 should only take a minute or
two.What Bin do you have in you receiver?

Post Number: 3
I have the X-87BL_061124_288_api.bin.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 652
The bin should be fine, Max. But, if your scan takes that long something isn't set up correctly on your receiver. Are you sure you're pointing to the correct satellite? and I the satellite properly set up in your antenna setttings?

I found that my alignment to 119 was off (in actuality I was picking up 110), but when I went to do a scan of 119 it would never complete. I re-aligned dish to properly pick up 119 and scan took only 10 minutes (on my slower receiver).

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
Well try what Jason says.
If that won't do it.
Do a Factory Setting and then a Blind Scan.
Don't forget to set you Longitude and Latitude.LOL

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6230
There is definitely something wrong related to the satellit, if U cannot do scans within less than 10-30 minutes or so...like jason stated, dish is NOT aligned correctly, if U sure its even aimed at the correct satellite and scanning somewhat..I don't think its the receiver settings (wouldn't scan at all if not set correctly)

Post Number: 6
Do I need to always do a channel scan after every bin file is loaded? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6307
NO...but U must always check the receiver antenna/dish settings after each new bin upload..and do a reboot using back rear switch or a 2-3 minute unplug..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us