Card readers fta

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 432
Will the card readers on the extremeveiw magnum and co*lsat, take dn/bev plastic or just the sd cards like pansat?

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 433
What is X crypt conditional access system on the Ultra?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6205
Not sd cards, DN 102 and 103 real plastic cards with approriate iso and bins..CAS is the encrypted system referred to many times to get keys..like process of inputting keys on lines 10-11, 20-21 for cool*sat..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 436
What about the ultra xcrypt, plastic ,stick or sd?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6208
The new Viewsat 2000 Ultra supports a larger and newer design Processor from Conexant. The unit also sports a 4mb flash area, and 32 megs of RAM. A USB 2.0 compatible port is also included for flashing the unit from a USB jump drive, or displaying digital pictures on your tv, as well as for playing mp3's. The card reader is also included, thoough X-Crypt is embedded.

This newest entry from Viewsat has a nice new GUI and offers a 7 day EPG. At approx. $200, the new unit is definitely a welcome addition to the VS line of stb's.

There are some 45,000 total units landing here this month of their various models. It's clear to me, they are not worried about support thru any coming ECM's. Their scheduling of new models and units shows agressive marketting for N.A.

Power Supply
Type: SMPS
Input Voltage: AC 95V~240v 50Hz / 60Hz
Fuse Rating: 250V/T2A

Tuner
Input Frequency: 950 ~ 2150MHz
Input Signal Level: -65 ~ -25dBm
Input Impedance: 75ohm Unbalanced
Connector Type: 'F'Type Female
LNB Power Supply: 13V/18V, Max 500mA with Short Circuit Protection
22KHz Tone: Frequency 22± 4KHz, Amplitude 0.6±0.2Vpp
DiSEqC: 1.0 , 1.1, 1.2, USALS(1.3) Compatible
Channel Selection: PLL Frequency Synthesizer

Demodulator
Type: QPSK Demodulation (DVB-S)
Symbol Rate: 1 ~ 45 MS/s
Inner FEC: Viterbi Convolutional Coding
Rate 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
Outer FEC: Reed Solomon Coding(204,188) T=8

Video Decoder
System Decoding: MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818-2
Profile and Level: MPEG-2 MP@ML
Data Rate: 1 ~15 MB/s
Video Formats: 4:3(Normal) & 16:9(Widescreen)

Audio Decoder
System Decoding: MPEG-1 ISO/IEC 11172-3 Layer I & II
Audio Mode: Mono, Dual, Stereo, Joint Stereo
Sampling Frequency: 32, 44.1, 48 KHz

Audio/Video Output
Audio Output: 2 RCA Cinch
Video Output: 1 RCA Cinch
Digital Audio: 1 S/PDIF (Optical)
S-Video: 1 S-VIDEO
COMPONENT: 3 RCA Cinch

RF Modulator
Modulator Output: CH3~4
Video Type: NTSC
Output Connector: "F" Type Female
Ant. IN Connector: "F" Type Female
8. Serial Data Interface
Signal: RS-232, Max. 115200 bps
Connector Type: 9 Pin D-Sub (male)

Embedded Descramble
X Crypt Conditional Access System

Memory
Flash: 4MByte
SDRAM: 40MByte (System: 16MB*2, A/V: 8MB)
EEPROM: 16Kbit

USB stick...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6209
I'm sure www.totalfta.com (viewsat home site) has hundreds of posts with all the details and specifics, U may want to know..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 437
I'm now told the vs ultra has card slot/with enbedded reader for dn/b3v plastic.Can anyone with the ultra please confirm.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 438
I'm also told vs will never use plastic cards readers becuse of legal liability and copy write issues,staying with only bin/files.wth?Can someone please check your ultra and confirm this thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6210
There has ben NO need to use cards since last summer's ECM...there are NO card bins since then either,,,FTA card bins are NOT the same as plastic files, so nobody can say about the Ultra yet...or even the Extremeview...C*oolsat used card bins with an iso then..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 440
But ,I'm upgrading and want the card option in case for future ecm's.Never hurts to cover more bases.It's an option that I might never need,or will ever work, but like in auto's nice to have some.Look back were we've been , then look in the future with the crystal ball. lol It's not always just about "today". So can somebody with vs ultra check your receiver and let me know?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 648
Don't waste your money on buying a ROM102 card.

VS has the full maprom. Maybe they haven't written a complete emulation (due to memory limitations) but they do have the ability to fully emulate a ROM102 card.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 446
Then why have a card slot and reader?What about after a card swap?I'm thinking for the future ,don't need anymore door stops.lol The price difference is negligable so I can't deceide between ultra and extreme magnum,and I have different rom cards and pulled vchips to go on cards if needed.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 447
But the same simple question isnt answered,Will the vs ultra accept dn plastic cards?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 149
satscanner as I understand it non of the FTA receivers will ever do what you are talking about from the factory. It is a BIG legal mess as DN could go after them if they sell you a box ready to receiver their programing or read their cards. With the ease of putting in a simple bin file and imputing in #'s to get the programing to come in the clear none of the programres are going to wright a program for a FTA receiver to read the cards. Why fix whats not broken. I understand what you are saying it would be nice to have more than one option but, the card option is not a garentee ether..I have even seen people wanting to put their card from a working, paid account DN receiver in a FTA receiver and their is no way as of now.

When I decided to start testing I read for a month first and seems to me the cards are not as stable as FTA anyway. They just got hit this weekend and all the cards are now dead beyond repair as I understand it.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 449
Yes,

Yes I undersatand all that BUt FAK!!!!

WILL THE FU*K*N DN CARD FIT IN THE FU*KIN ULTRA SLOT?????......NOTHING ELSE,
END ON DISSCUSSION!!! FAK!!!!!

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 450
Sorry, but all I asking is will some one get off the couch, go and try to plug a dn card in their ultra reciever and let me know if it fit's. Thank you.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 150
as best as I can tell from here just googleing it

yes a card will fit into the reader

I hope that helps satscanner I did not mean to offend ya just trying to help this sat-FTA stuff can get completed and confusing.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 451
Nothing against anyone that took the time to reply , but fak man ,simple question starts going on and on and on about everything, but will it take the card.I didnt want to disscuss legal and pro's/cons and if the sun might not come up this morning, then what we need is a new card .lol But co*lsat did it, legal issues a side.So it might be done somehow in the future.And With 45000 units a month arriving you would think some body somewhere would try the slot or know for shure, but guess not.It's all about key's /key's.And they only buy what there told to buy, kinda like "if everyone were jumping off a bridge" they would TOO!I appreciate your help Jay but no one here obviously has a ultra or can't get of the couch and Confirm it yes/no.So I give up.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 151
hey satscanner why dont you go to http://www.dssevolution.com/ and find the section on that receiver and ask their I am sure they can aswer your question.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 453
Na,I'm just going to stop by the local pirate shop on my way home from work,and try to plug my card in a ultra and see if it fit's.Then it's just going to be my secret! lol Then i'll know something NOBODY else know's.And if anyone wan'ts to know i'll give them a list of sites to go to and they can gamble on the info they get,because they'll get conflicting info like I did.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 262
yes the card will plug into an ultra/extreme/platinum and a 2000 but theres no softwear to suport using a dn card in any of viesats recievers

Gold Member

Post Number: 6216
Satscanner...thats not your original question...U bounced around and were not asking that simple question..card may fit, but BIG DEAL!...U still need workable software...my first post already answered your 1st and later question...U kind of hijacked your own thread, and mixed apples and oranges..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6217
Satscanner...thats not your original question...U bounced around and were not asking that simple question..card may fit, but BIG DEAL!...U still need workable software...my first post already answered your 1st and later question...U kind of hijacked your own thread, and mixed apples and oranges..

BTW...card reader as in the specs, is just that...(it "reads" the card, so therefore card must "fit" into the slot)...but some work and some don't!..we had already answered U and gave U more info,...sometimes people don't see something that is so obvious in their face..

The Future (which could end tomorow) is Extrememview..Viewsat Ultra is OK, but according to many I know using both, Extremeview is MUCH better than the Ultra..

Silver Member

Post Number: 653
Sat, if a card swap does occur down the road then you won't be dealing with ROM102, so it's a moot point. It'll be some newer card technology, which will have to be hacked, so EVERYONE will be back to square one, at that point in time.

If you have a VS (or any other FTA receiver as they will follow VS) then you can rely on bins until the next card swap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6260
I don't see a card swap in the near future, since it was just done over a year ago ....and cards were ONLY thing up during the last 2-3 month ECM in past summer..

Username: Antiscums

Post Number: 8
What on earth yo both talking about
LK I used search option for Palm and cards reading i got this
R U trying 2 read cards wid crystal ball?
english wil B help

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
Card swap might come sooner than we all think. All satellite signals have to be MPEG4 by 2009, and with this FTA "problem", Charlie and B3V might be inclined to switch card technologies along with their receivers to beat the deadline.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6272
None of US know anything for certain about the future...but from a financial position, along with the LACK of current technology to prevent our "intrusions" into the present Nagravision 2 encryption, I don't believe it is possible nor feasible to do another card swap in the near future.. 2 years yes, now NO way!...just my thoughts.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 454
}

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 455
Upload
Upload
Upload

Its a good thing that i stoped at the pirate shop on the way home. bev and dishnet are doing a fast swap on cards, since the last ccm on the 102's.
all the new units coming in are equiped with new red cards. both dish and bell are doing the swaps.
all the cardless ird's are now coming with the new red cards.

apparently the swap is supposed to be completed by june 2007. and the one 102's are gonna be history.i got mine sorry about the quailty of the photo its from a web cam. Digital cam is charging.

apprenltly these cards are for mpeg4.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 456
Having internet pc problems!!....Had pics uploaded to here ,with other posts/pics of dn red cards.Will try later ,going on maintaince mode.Also the Cards are Rom 206_rev724.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 457
Bump..Bump ..WtF? move up1

Gold Member

Post Number: 6287
"all the cardless ird's are now coming with the new red cards"

why do cardless receivers come with ANY card?

I will have to check around about this...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6292
are U talking about the YELLOW cards with red arrow, that have been around a fairly long while now?

NOT 1 Plastic site knows of ANY RED replcament cards now?...but this is very true.. a c/p from dsstester..

Everyone, Important Please Read.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, Now I have arroused your Interest, Please Everyone be carefull when your trying to buy a card from someone, Because Their is going to be all kinds of cards pop up for sale, and some of them are going to be Toast cards from Black Tuesday, Some of them wont even have the cards they put up for sale, and at the same time their will be ppl trying to buy cards and rip off the honest Sellers of Rom Cards ... Just everyone use a little common sense and be on your toes because it has and will happen. Scammers are like CockRoaches, when the lights on, you dont see any, you turn out the light for a few seconds and flip it back on ... and OH MY GOD!!! they are every where, coming out of the woodwork, and yes even out of the commode, by the way that is where Scammers live, and yes they Float.. I will leave it there and be nice... Just Know who you are dealing with.... Be Carefull , and you have been Warned! ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 660
Alot of cards that are not ROM102s (e.g. ROM103) are still based on ROM102 technology. What I'm talking about is a drastic change, like what DTV did (P4 cards with a new CAS). But LK does bring up a good point about DN's financial situation. And, yeah, there are a lot of scammers lurking about.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 477
Well, True but what do you think about these cards?Scam or no Scam?

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
I honestly don't know. Maybe someone else might know. I personally would stay away from a ROM206 just because you don't ever hear of them being used (i.e. they're not unlockable) - you only hear of ROM102 and ROM103 being used.

But, unless you're a true DSS hobbyist, I don't know why you want to go carded at this time. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us