LK... Any Advice?

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 36
Hello There

I am the one who posted the Can't Find DN but the Dish Never Moved thread. I was wondering if you had any insight for guess?

Rceiver hooked up, cables run, dish is where it has been to receive 110, receiver is loaded and ready, yet, nothing?

No quality, no signal, no channels appearing, nothing.

LNB Standard
LNB Freq 11250
22kHz Off
Skew 0
Satellite Scan, or Blind Scan, nothing?????

Any advice today?

Sincerely,

Bronze Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 52
make sure the dish is point at 110 and also u have the latest bin and do a blind scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Hello There

It's pointed to where 110 always was for me? I never moved the dish. I simply un hooked the receiver inside the house for the summer. Now I have hooked it back up, and nothing is there? The dish never moved though.

As for the latest bin? I am certain I have taken care of that, as I have the latest bin and keys and the very receiver is running Bell on another dish.

Thing is, I don't need FTA Bell on this receiver and dish anymore. So I wanted to put this receiver back with the 110 dish that has just been mounted outside sitting there alone since June.

Nothing happens though. Latest bin, latest keys, it's pointing at 110 (I believe since it was never moved)and blind scan did nothing. No scan did anything. Satellite scan, blind scan, advance scan, nothing.

I am at a loss for this one. It's as if 110 isn't where I was always receiving it from?

Sincerely,

Username: Chemo01165

Post Number: 1
Check all cable conections, cables could be damaged, also the LNB could not be working, if you can connect your receiver directly to the LNB would be better to find the root cause.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6173
I get the impression U have not devulged all info here...and I haven't read your other thread in awhile...I will say that , it could be 1 of many different problems...but a BAD switch comes to mind First IMO..then cable or connection from the 110 LNB to switch..or the LNB and dish has moved slightly by wind or something...and recheck those settings in receiver AFTER every bin upload!...and if U say that all thise are hood, then U have a bad LNB on the 110, which does happen ocassionally...based on the info u provided here..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Hello There

Thanks very much LK for the info. Yourself, along with SatScanner have supplied me with enough info to tackle this myself. It may not recitfy the problem, but I know the direction I am heading in now thanks to you two.

I am now after re-flashing the bin, thinking it's alignment. There is no switch, as the cable from the LNB runs direct to the receiver. Only one LNB on the dish, and that is pointing to where 110 was. Perhaps weather, or something has shifted it? I myself, don't believe it's the LNB. Reason is everything was perfect, 100% signal strength, literally the entire time I was hooked up and running 110. When we went down in May/June, I just disconnected the receiver. Now I have simply hooked the receiver back up. Don't know why the LNB would now just have gone bad. I have to work on checking the alignment and connections.

Thanks so much,

Sincerely,

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6176
No switch eliminates much...so cable, connections (bird , squirrels chewing etc) would be, along with a "moved" dish alignment, are most likely the peoblem..both simple checks and fixes!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Hello There

You are correct. After replacing a cable, tweaking the position of the dish, Echo 8-10 came in at 99%, and all channel downloaded perfectly.

Porblem though? All channels downloaded. They're all there. However, if I change a channel, the receiver shuts off. I then have to turn the receiver off at the back, wait a second, then turn it on. It's then on the channel it was last on. If I change the channel again, same thing. Keeps turning on and off if I want to change the channel?

Help

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 407
You have issues with bin/file .Make shure before you flash , you always select/set a factory default,before you load new bin/file.If this does'nt correct your problem reflash FACTORY bin,set defaut and then reload the lated bin to clean memory or any or all info ,before the file is loaded.Just like complete reformat ,somethings corrupted and not getting removed before your flash.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us