DN Not There...Dish Was Never Moved!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 34
Hello There

I am wondering if anyone has any help/info/idea as to why DN can't be found any longer on my end? I have had FTA DN for (3) years. Same dish, same spot, nothing has ever moved.

Back in May/June' 2006, when everything went "Black", I simply turned off the receiver, and pulled the cables out. Now, with the receiver loaded back up with a new Bin/File, up-to-date keys, and providing FTA Bell perfectly, I thought I would checkout what DN was up to these days?

Nothing happens? It's on DN as provider. The keys are the current ones. The bin/file is in place. The dish is in the same position is has been for (3) years while receiving DN. But nothing.

Satellite Scan, TP Scan, Blind Scan, Etc., Nothing!!! No channels load. The percentage just starts to take off and keeps going. I have never ever had a problem with DN and FTA. Now, I can't even received DN on FTA?

Any help or idea's as to what it may be? Has the DN 110 position moved slightly? Is there something I am over looking?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to anyone with suggestions.

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 146
When I asked if I could switch from Dish to Bell, I was told I had to move the dish positioning. Maybe what's changed is the location of the dish itself? Maybe that's why you can't just switch from Bell to Dish and vice versa?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Hello There

Completely agree with that. You would have to change the Dish Location from Dish to Bell, or Bell to Dish.

This dish however is set-up for DN. It has never been positioned for Bell. I have used this receiver for Bell, but that was with another dish.

I simply am putting this receiver back with this dish, having now set everything back up (in the receiver) for DN. Yet, there is nothing there?

Not the position that is marked for 110, or the position that is marked for 119? I even tried moving the dish slightly in different directions for either the 110 or 119 feed, and nothing shows up.

I am at a loss. For the past (3) years, 110 has always been right there. Now nothing at or even near that position is getting anything?

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 390
John:what receiver are you using, and what are your settings?If you have good level but poor or no signal,Its either your settings,connections or alinment issues.Connect your coax directly into the receiver,this eliminates switch problems.Check your settings and if you have good level your connections are good.If you have good level but no or poor signal you have a alinement issue.Remember when aimming your dish make shure you are on a hot tp or you can miss the sat.And double ckeck your settings,easy to make a mistake.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 391
btw,...you don't have to double post,It's already been answered in your first post,but I didn't see it till now,but here's a little more info.

Bronze Member
Username: Leon_kookie

Post Number: 38
LMFAO...

Yeah they moved the sat... Echostar has a new plan to thward off thieves... They gonna bounce them sat's around in the sky, like ping pong balls..

Sorry dude but..

It's on your end... Check it it all cabling.. switches.. LNB's the works..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Hello There

Thanks very much for the info. Sorry for the double post. I am using a Panset 2500A-N2 receiver. It's run directly to a RCA 18" Dish. No switches, no nothing. It's a standard single LNB. The LNB is straight to the receiver. It's been hooked-up and working this way on this equipment, for the past (2-3) years locked on DN 110.

I thought everything was okay? Standard LNB, 11250, Echo 8-10, but nothing happens? I mean there is No Level, No Quality, therefore nothing downloads. Now the coaxil I was using I did replace today, but it didn't make a change. There was nothing wrong with it, but I thought I would try anyways?

I have the 286T bin with latest keys in it. I just can't track and lock DN? Is it possible since I last tracked and locked DN 110 (which was in May/June) that 110 is now off or moved slightly?

Also, SatScanner, may I ask you another question? What does it mean if the reciever all of a sudden turns off, then on, then off, then on?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 393
Maybe ur last flash wasnt a good one .Try reflashing with bin from another source, sometimes things get corrupted,like some people here. hehe.Reflash your bin and if still no improvement,reaim dish,very seldom does a ln b go bad unless its seriously abused.But i'm leaning towards a bad flash.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Hello There

Thank you SatScanner for again the info you have supplied. I will re flash the bin from another source, then start over again and take it from the top. I will let you know in this thread if anything is different.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us