Two tv's from one receiver

Username: Efourdee

Post Number: 3
I have HD Directtv receiver in my living room with components running to the tv. I want to hook up a second tv with coaxial cable. I was hoping I could just attach the coaxial to the availiable jack on the receiver and run it to my second tv.

Is there anyway I can do this without buying splitters for the component wires?

Post Number: 4
bump

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 385
Yes,and or you can use a component multiswitch if u want to run even more tv's.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 386
But the picture/audio won't be as good,but alot of times you won't notice any difference.

Post Number: 6
Yes I definatly don't want to sacrifice any picture on my HDTV.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 160
If you are using an HD Receiver you should be using the HDMI cable or 5-wire component for true HD. Then you can use the coaxial for another TV
You can split (too much wires) most new TVs got better signal Amplifiers you won't sacrifice picture.
But try 5-wire or HDMI plus coaxial this will work best.
Also check for wizard adjusments for full screen you can call DTV to help you with the Wizard so you don't have to adjust full screen!!!

Post Number: 7
King. I have my HD hooked up with component wires. I tried just running a coaxial to the second tv, but nothing came through. This would be an idea method for me but unfortunately its not working.

Possibly the RF output is not working on the receiver? I will test it when I get home, by unplugging the component wires.

I called Directv and they confirmed I cant wire it in the method you suggested. I dont tend to take there advice whole-heartedly.

Let me know what you think.

Jesse
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us