How to fix b80 using Factory Flash for Pansat 3500

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 909
How to fix b80 using Factory Flash for Pansat 3500
How to Perform a Factory Flash on a Pansat 3500

A Factory flash is often used to resolve repeated freezing and pixilation, and/or persistent rebooting, and always for b80 lock up/out, though try the back switch first.

Start the process by downloading the latest software both Gtrom Loader 35.01 and Factory Bin for b80, then proceed with the following step by step guide.

1) Flip the switch at the back of the IRD, turning the power OFF

2) Correctly attach the RS232 Null Modem cable from the receiver to the Computer.

3) Open the GTRom Loader V35.01 and select the unzipped Factory Bin File

5) Choose the File Type marked as APP FILE ONLY

6) Flip the switch at the rear back ON, and at the instant you see b80 appear on the front display, click the download button of the GTRom loader quickly. You must act quickly as timing is everything.

Or you can try, turn the switch off click dowload botton of the GTRom and than turn the the switch on.

Alert: Do not disturb the receiver or the computer until after the Ird re-boots on its own.

7) Press OK on PC screen, when prompted by message that reads "Download Complete".

Note: If you did not catch the cycle in the precise instant for the download to take effect (in order to avoid a flash failure) repeat the process again.

This concludes the Factory Flash, but continue with Steps 8 to 13 to avoid further issues. You may now rely on the SD slot, or continue to use the Null Modem Cables already in place.

8) Flash the latest Bl Bin, using the Loader provided by Blacklist. Follow the same steps described above.

9) In menu, click on Factory Setting, and then re-align your Sat settings correctly under Antenna setup.

10) Under Antenna Setup, perform a Blind scan. If NOT using Dishpro LNBs select Sat scan.

11) Using remote key pad, set the time on clock (military), day, month, and year. Then, under Menu, click on User Setup, then on Time Setting and adjust for GMT Time Zone.

12) On your remote, click on the Sat button and select Echostar package to sort the channels.

13) Tune to any channel on Echo 7, in order to point at 119°w, as this will populate the EPG fully. You may need to turn off with remote for a few secs to cycle the change. When turning back on, click Ok to the EPG prompt and allow it to load fully .

Now, sit back and enjoy watching TV. Good luck.

Username: Rboxing

Post Number: 1
my pansat 3500 is dead...

the receiver froze.. so i unplugged it and plugged it back, when i did... no lights came on, not even the b-80, or the channel light...how do i bring my box back....did i loose the software??

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6102
The original instructions are the same fix as the B70 error message and using an old 3500 b70 bin, except now U may get the b80 error and use the b80 factory bin....

raul...U need to do the above, and if IRD won't accept the bin cause of ABSOLUTELY NO power, then U will have to Jtag it or bring it to a shop for them to Jtag it!...all REPUTABLE DSS foums have info on doing the Jtag, which can be a pain..

Username: Rboxing

Post Number: 3
LK,

thanks for the post...sorry for the double post...

it was working fine...i had already done the b-80 upgrade..and everything was working..but tonight the led light was on but the screen was black..so i, unplugged the receiver and plugged it back...and thats when i lost the led light. can you please tell me more about the Jtag?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us