36" RCA TV with snowy picture and green bars flashing

Username: Tavish

Post Number: 1
I have a F36645 / CTC203CX TV that has a snowy picture and green bars about 1" to 6"s flashing. The green flashing is getting worse so theres always some on the screen and there is starting to be bright purple lines as well. Can anybody tell me where I need to begin looking for the problem? And its not from the the input signal from the sat. box or DVD player.

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 41
RCA had a problem in the past with their surface mount tuners. Not sure about the 203 chassis. The symptoms sound the same. Here's some IFs for you. Remove the back. If the tuner is a surface mount type that is incorporated into the main board, smack it with a butt of a screwdriver. If it response to beating on it, then you might want to try re-soldering ALL of the grounds in the tuner section. You'll need a 40 watt iron. You must get the shield grounding points as hot as you can. When the boards are dipped soldered, the shield points don't get hot enough for the solder to take real good. It's hard to get them to take the solder even when you do it by hand. That's why a 25 watt iron won't get it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us