How do you eliminate double channels?

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 133
After a blind scan, you get 2 of the same channel. What's the best way to eliminate the duplicate?

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 217
Factory Setting will delete all channels.
Then do a blind scan.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 287
Drink more beer ,after DOUBLE vision sets in their will look like single set of channels. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 71
If you have a Magnum it allows you to delete extra channels without putting in factory setting and doing another another scan. You have to do it one at a time.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 297
Yes u can, but real hassle.Better to delete the sat once,that will still leave a single set of channels.You can do this on other boxes too,pansat is one.Zulu u got the grasp of fta and thanks for helping others.

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 83
Ranjeet Bins,

I use channel master to clean up the channel list. I do a blind scan, get the channel info from the receiver to the PC then use channel master to edit the list, make fav list's, rename channels etc... if you don't have chanel master you can do a google for it or ask here...hope that helps

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 302
But don't u find problems occurring with a channel list?I and many don't use them, and haven't for sometime,but still hear reports of problems.

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 877
Easiest way to solve this problem is scanning one sat at a time making sure you turn off the LNB power of the other. If you are getting double channels, this is a result of bad switches. However, as I said, do the above and problem solved. NO THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY. Just the easiest unless you feel like uploading the channel list to your PC - editing it and then downloading it back to your receiver.

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 85
I clear the receiver 100% (factory reset)and then do a blind scan. Then I get a list FROM the receiver and edit it useing channel master. I go threw each sat with the receiver while the list is on my computer and edit the list, delete channels, rename as needed then flash the edited list back to the receiver using the SD card. I do NOT use list's someone made and posted I make my own. Those list's yes some have trouble with I just find it easer to edit the channel list with the computer rather than the receiver...

I did not find a "how to" on doing this I should make a "how to" on this topic I just experimented until I found a easy way to do it. I can blind scan 4 sat's and edit a new list in about a hour now.

Should I put together a how to?

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 310
Damn rhright , if its that good everyone will try it, well I will, but what about locals?Everyone gets different ones depending on your location.We'll fill in the template for those.

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 87
I have a "master list' I keep on my computer with my local channel info and other important hard to find channel TP, VID ID# etc.

I will start makeing that "how to" tonight I am not really wainting to post my list I might have a sat named wrong or some other mistakes and I don't watch sports so I take all those channels out but, I can if someone want to try it.....

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 135
Jay and SatScanner, wouldn't another solution in order to deleting duplicate channels be to just delete all channels from that specific satelite before doing a blind scan on that same satelite?
Afterall, my main concern was that I was missing Cartoon Network from Echo 7(sat 119) so I felt that I should delete all channels from Sat 119 first and then do a blind scan and hope that the missing channel is picked up.
Is this advisable?

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 316
Yes u solved your own problem.

Silver Member
Username: 18_volts_baby

Super Moder...

Post Number: 145
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »