Help please! cannot find echostar 9

Username: Suziecue

Post Number: 1
hi guys,

i'm a newbie, located at montreal, quebec, canada. have already installed echostar at 110.0 w and 119.0 w. having trouble, big time, trying to find echostar 9 121.0 w. using a viewsat ultra receiver, star choice 75e (eliptical 33") dish and a dual satellite quad output switchable ku lnbf (input freq: 11.7-12.2 ghz, output freq: 950-1240 mhz(non-stacked), linear polarization: vertical 10-15v horizontal 16-20v).

i get a signal, at best of 79 but don't know what satallite it is and i don't get any quality signal at all. these are the settings i used:

satallite: echostar 9 121.0w
lnb power: on
lnb type: universal
lnb high: 10600
lnb low: 9750
tp freq: 11724
diseqc 1.0: port 1
motor: off
legacy sw: none

skew: 35.9
elevation: 20.2
azimuth: 253

spanned the dish across left and right and up and down without success for 4 mornings.

hope to get it up and running before it starts blizarding here, thanx!

Bronze Member
Username: Nalbouz

Montreal, QC

Post Number: 89
try lnb type standard 10750, it should work

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 386
it is linear lnb. standard will not work for 121w.
It should be at universal.Also in you tp. freq. press your right arrow to change the tp freq. If I am not mistaken first 4 or 5 tp. does not work anymore. I think it is in 118_ _ range. I am at work right now but when I get home I will check out my settings.Also what port is your other satellite set at ???

Post Number: 2
right now i've just plugged this one diseqc into port 1 and disconnected the others for trial and error purposes.

thank you so very much for your help.

Post Number: 3
changed frequencies and still getting 0 quality. could i have the wrong lnb?

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 390
satallite: echostar 9 121.0w
lnb power: on
lnb type: universal
lnb high: 10600
lnb low: 9750
tp freq: 11724 --- change it to (11870)
diseqc 1.0: port 1
motor: off
legacy sw: none

}

Post Number: 4
me again,

have the exact same settings as justice's posting. able to get a signal of 76 but still no quality and no satellite on the top right corner of my tv screen.

could i be using the wrong lnb? because with the other 2 satellites, once i got a signal over 70, i picked up which satellite the dishes were aiming at and quality signals as well.

the lnb that i'm using says, "for use with 75e dish only" and it's the dish that i have. the specs are as follows: a dual satellite quad output switchable ku lnbf (input freq: 11.7-12.2 ghz, output freq: 950-1240 mhz(non-stacked), linear polarization: vertical 10-15v horizontal 16-20v).

thanx!

Post Number: 5
playing hookie from work trying to get echostar 9. the only way i am able to actually get it, is if i change the lnb high and/or tp freq. thus giving me different signals and quality. the strongest readings i get is by changing lnb high to 10678 and tp freq to 11855. buy doing so, i get signal 82 and quality 74. however, when i do a blind scan, i get zippo, nadda channels. getting desperate and freezing my nose and hands in the cold.

so i don't think there's anything wrong with the lnb now.

thank you for listening!

Post Number: 6
thanx a million guys. finally got echo star 9. had to figit around with the settings. changed the lnb high to 10678 and tp freq to 11855. frustrating but well worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us