Advice: mitsubishi vs-405r 40 inch rear projection-no video

Username: Braithwaite

Post Number: 2
i have a very old misubishi 40 inch rear projection tv (model vs-405r) made in about 1985.
the picture went out, but the sound, and everything else still works (if you connect a monitor to the video output of the tv, the picture on the monitor works fine) however the picture on the main screen is totally dark,
no light from any of the crt's. the unit has ben repaired twice before, once for the convergence
repair kit, another time for the sound, at about $400 each time. i still like the set, but dont want to spend another $500 to fix it, with new hi-definition sets going for about $1000 and up. i feel that its somthing in the hi-voltage area of the set. would like to fix if not to expensive. the fly-back and hi-voltage block are still avalable,
at about $50 total. would that do it? or is thier somthing else that usually fails as well?
the set worked fine, then the next time i turned it on, no picture. no funny smells, or noises. as far as i know, the tv tubes (crt's) are still good.
any help is most appriciated. thanks, adrian

Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 10
A vertical failure can cause "black out". The set is protecting the CRTs. You could have a bad yoke (very common). What ever it is, unplug the CRT driver boards while working on it. If you force the set on without proper horizontal or vertical deflection you will burn a line or a spot into the CRTs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us