Basic Troubleshooting Guide

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 765
Troubleshooting guide

No Signal?
1) Is your signal Quality good? You may need to move your dish
2) How's your wiring? Check for loose connectors, kinks etc
3) Maybe a dead diseqC switch? Connect the main line directly to the LnB and see if that's the culprit. A bad DiseqC will sometimes refuse to change satellites for you.
4) Bad LnB? An LnB that's going bad can refuse to give you a good signal. Expect a sudden massive drop in Signal quality
5) Wrong settings? Check your installation settings. (LnB type, Lnb Freq, DiseqC # etc) and confirm that they are correct. May also cause a Bad or Scrambled message too.
6) Was I drinking? Maybe you hooked up (for example) 119 to diseqC switch 1 but your Installation Menu on the reciever has 119 to DiseqC number 2.
7) Human Error? Did you plug your RG6 cable in the correct spot in the back of your STB? Were only human ya know :P

Bad or scrambled channel?
1) Did that channel move Frequencies? Sometimes Auto TP won't pick that up. Rescanning can sometimes help.
2) Weather Maybe? It is possible. Can also cause a "No Signal" problem too.
3) Is the Key EMU set to ON? Check with your receiver how too's on how to check that.

Wait for Picture or Standby download? Never ending Autoroll?
1) Latest Bin? Sometimes a current Bin is needed to fix a fake key roll
2) Change channel? Autoroll works better on a strong signal channel. You might want to try that.
3) Manual key entry? Has worked countless times. Check with the proper receiver section on how to do that. You can find updated keys at the main page or in the New Keys section.
4) I blame the Bin! If other peeps say that bin is working still except for you then try reloading that same bin

No EPG displaying?
1) What time is it Mr Wolf? Make sure your Date/ time and GMT is correct. (Note that GMT should be set to reflect Daylight savings time)

My Reciever has these strange Glitches
1) Factory Time!! Download the factory Bin. It will clean those glitches up. Then download the Current bin right after.
2) Factory time again!! Factory Reset will fix other problems and give you a fresh start.

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
bump

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 197
Hey Mc Sunny
Nice piece of work.
Made a copy for my file.
THANKS

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
ur welcome Reno

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6017
McSunny...nice post...I don't know if its your own creation or if U found it, but either way, it will be posted at dsscommunity...so TY for posting it here..this is what this is all about ....sharing!..

BTW...if U tell me its your creation then I will give U the credit for it when I repost it for the dsscomunity members.....usually its the other way around, many things I create and post at dsscommunity , I then repost here....so this is a complete switch..

Bronze Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 59
Thanks Mc Sunny!!! Many of your posts are very helpful like LK's. Thanks very much!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 118
None of these troubleshooting methods are helping my problem. :-(
I have the Pansat 2500 clone with Echostar Package(110, 119, 61.5) with bin file 286T and it's been working just fine. Then somebody hit the factory default option and deleted all the channels. I blind scanned all satelites and 2 of the satelites(110 and 119) are continuously showing zero signal strength for whatever reason. I've turned receiver switch on and off, I've rescanned all satelites but yet, still no signal strength on 2 of the satelites.
How can I get those satelites back?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
check your diseqc settings. When you hit the factory settings, your port#/frequency etc may have changed.....it is already explained in Mc Sunnys post above #5 on 'no signal' good luck ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 805
Your welcome guys, i always try to help ppl here as much i can and i am glad u like it Lk...

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 119
Thanks Sit Sat. I've got 110 and 119 working fine now after reaquiring diseqc settings. Great signal strength for those satelites. Only problem now is Echo 3(satelite 61.5). I've only gotten some of the channels for Echo 3, I'm still missing many and the QUALITY of signal is 0%.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Do a blind scan on Echo9(121) with 10750 freq. Make sure to use the same port as Echo3 you have just used. Good luck

Username: Kamalrose

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
my dish is not working help me

Username: Kamalrose

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
key for coolset 5000

Silver Member

Post Number: 819
Sharon ur in the wrong Thread u should check under New Keys..

Username: David_david

Post Number: 1
hi 7

Username: Rabaab

Hi every body,

I have Fortec Classic NA .It was working very good.I downloaded new 601115 bin .It works fine but alaways freezes after few min.I have to switch off the receiver from back and turn it on again to work it.

Can any body help me

Rabaab

Gold Member

Post Number: 6020
is your finger broken?...or is the switch to hard to flip off/on?

U could pay DN or Bev and "save" all that "finger" work...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6021
is your finger broken?...or is the switch to hard to flip off/on?

U could pay DN or Bev and "save" all that "finger" work...or try using another finger!

Username: Rbm

If u really know to solve the problem ,i am thankful to u and if u have no clue then leave it.

Even i can reply u rubbish.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 201

ONE TOO MANY

Silver Member

Post Number: 872
bump

Username: Marsrob

I am confused...i have updated to new keys on my viewsat ultra 2000. i think i have the right .pgm file i get strong signals...but am still getting blank picture for two days now...
It was working fine up until, i suspect a change in keys, and then all went blank on me about two-three days ago...Any ideas? Oh by the way the channel info comes thru no problem. I have also rebooted the machine automatically and manually several times...Please help.

Silver Member
Username: 18_volts_baby

Super Moder...

Post Number: 129
BUMP...........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us