Help please quick!

Bronze Member
Username: Unreal_t

United States

Post Number: 20
i can get this model KDL-40S2010 for only 1,200. Now, I see that the dynamic contrast ratio is 1300:1 while the higher end 32 inch model, the KDL-32S2400 has 5000:1 dynm. contrast ratio. I do not know which way to lean towards. Get the bigger Tv with less contrast ratio or the smaller one with more? It would be kind of hard to buy the 32" for the same price I can get the 40" for. So I need some help on what I might be losing out on on the 40" if anything. THANK YOU

Username: Lfield

Post Number: 1
Hi, my husband just purchased a Philips 42" Plasma and Panasonic Suround Sound system. Now, my question is how do we get the darn TV to work the the surround sound system? We have HDMI connected to the Panasonic receiver; then the red/white cables to Cable Box and Receiver. I hear a faint feedback on the TV speakers but do not have surround sound with TV. I do have sound system of course with the receiver. PLEASE HELP...

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 45
Lynn- I can tell from your post you are new at this. I am assuming you are trying to watch a cble TV signal and DVDs are not in the picture.

Asit stands and as you have written, you are not sending video signal to your display from the cable box. Thats a problem.

So--signal comes out of wall to cable box ( if you even need this--I dont know the details of that Panny receiver, although a friend of mine has one). Now-- what type of video output does that cable box have? Lets assume component cabling. You need a component cable from your cable box to either the Plasma directly or to the receiver. Or HDMI from cable box to display directly ( or to receiver).

For audio, you can use red and white two channel analog from the cable box to the receiver but now you dont have true 5.1 signal. Your cable box should allow either an optical or digital coaxial audio output or even HDMI to go to the receiver. Use one of those. Now audio is going from the cable box to the receiver.

If that Panny receiver has a built in tuner, you *may* be able to take the cable from the wall and go straight in with it to the receiver, then HDMI out to display and audio via speaker cable to the speakers.

Have you tried reading the directions?

Username: Lfield

Post Number: 2
Hi Marc, yes we are new and now there is new information. The Cable box does not have HDMI but HDMI/DV1. The TV has HDMI. So, we would need to use the RGB/RW cables, yes?

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 47
There are dvi/hdmi converters. But yes, a component cable is a good option. red/green/ and blue. Or depending on the tuner in the Panasonic Receiver, which I do not know very well-- perhaps the cable signal can plug directly into the receiver and the cable box bypassed; I think my freind has his Panasonic Home Theater in a box system set up this way with his plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us