Is my understanding correct on bin and receiver?

Username: Modemer

Post Number: 1
Hello folks,

I am a newbie in the satellite world. I am really eager to setup one by myself. But I have a question not very clear at present, I believe you guys could clarify it for me.

Can I buy a brand new viewsat 2000 extreme receiver from its official dealer, then inject the bin file(I can download here) into it, then configure the receiver accordingly?

If it's possible, furthermore question, is my following understanding correct to crack the receiver?

1. use Loader2 to inject the crack bin file into the receiver.
2. then use Loader2 to inject the SatInfo file into the receiver, this is faster way to configure Satellites.
3. Search channels....
4. If AR doesn't work, I need to manually enter the opkey.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Bronze Member
Username: Proxmat

Post Number: 27
Modemer, generaly yes U understand it well. When buying the extreme make sure it is the genuine one (no copy/clone). Look through forums on many there are posted pictures of both so you can see the difference.
When downloading the BIN File for the very first time into VS Extreeme it can get tricky. It may be neceessary to do download 2x over. Once U download the latest BIN U R ready to go and do the set up of your STB. It generaly is not necessary to intall "Sat info file" as you call it but I think you mean EPG file.
To use Loader2 is correct.
But this all is really over simlyfied. I genuinly recomend to U to look through forums (also on other sites) and do reading on satellite set up, on downloading and instaling the BIN Files on your new receiver. Also do reading on VSX set up itself as it can get tricky when you do this for the very first time.
Here on e-coustics I recomend to search for the thread "recomended trusted websites" by "LK". Go with those. I personaly recomend to use DSS Central to get files. Also when the time comes U may want to download one of the programs that generate new keys instantly. KeyMaster or KeyRipper. Not a must but handy.
Good luck.

Username: Modemer

Post Number: 2
Tom,

I so appreciate you for the prompt reply. I can't wait to get it now.

I though SatInfo file storing some Satellites data that Loader2 could download it to the receiver so that we can save time to manually setup Satellites on the receiver, so is it same as the EPG file you mentioned? Can I guess the EPG file is something like Channel list?

Thanks a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5800
EPG is like the programming guide U see with cable or any TV provider...

I recommend U buy ONLY from www.efta.us ...they sell NO CLONES...I also suggest U buy the Extremeview Magnum for $165....its faster, more powerful, can use either rom 102 or 103 cards, needs no remote, better pic quality, and same coders as viewsat, etc than all other receivers...the Viewsat Extreme would be my 2nd choice..and when use checkout and purchase at efta.us , use "szot" for discount code and U will save a few bucks more too..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us