Visco LCD TVs

Username: Namber

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have any information on a Visco brand LCD television. The price if great is the product decent?

Username: Oohooh

I bought one, the TV is very good compare to my other LCD TV. And very cheap

Username: Daghdaent

Reno, Nevada USA

I just purchased one on 1/10/07, has been a wonderful Television. Only problem is in he last week, the audio has been rappidly declining. Not sure if this is just a single problem in this product (being only my unit), or if this is a common problem. The audio will rappidly dissapae to nothing. But after powering the unit on & off several times, I can get he audio to stay stable. I am waiting to hear from the manufacturer on what I will have to do to solve this problem. Other than this recien development, the picture quality is superb. It also supports a VGA computer input, which makes it an awesome computer monitor (which I have anjoyed). The High deff wih my dvd sysem is beautiful on this LCD. I really have nothing bad o say about this system as of yet. I will follow up later as to the solution & cause of my audio loss.

Username: Dultimate1

Bolivar, MO USA

I purchased the Visco model VSC-32V1 32" LCD television from Walmart.com for a mere $598. The total invoice with tax, shipping and the additional 2 year warranty contract was a total of $728. I was worried about the lack of knowledge I had about the company Visco, but based on my ability to purchase the additional 2 year service warranty contract through Wal-mart, I decided to take the risk. Also, the price verses specs and options is a no brainer (1000:1 contrast and 500 nits brightness, HDMI connection and a whole host of additional digital and A/V hookups, including a set on the side of the television.). Keep in mind I had the money to spend on a much more expensive widely known national brand and model, but chose to take a chance on this brand and model based on its abilities verses price. I am always hunting and shopping for the best deal out there on the internet and in the stores and to date, this television offered through Wal-mart's website was the best deal out there, hands down, period and trust me, I do my homework and have a better than average technical background and knowledge about electronics. I have owned the television. since the 22nd of December 2006 and I can't say enough good things about it. It has PIP (Picture in Picture), which is a feature I didn't see available on any of the other 32"LCD's out there, several picture settings (i.e. Cinema, Sport, Vivid, Normal, etc...), several picture size settings (i.e. Normal 4:9, Wide, Wide screen 16:9 , Zoom etc...), several speaker output settings (i.e. Normal, stereo, rock, jazz, classical, surround etc...) and the speakers sound much better than the other brands I looked at in person at the stores. The remote is metal and feels nice and heavy in your hand and is easy to use. Kudos to Visco for making their remotes & televisions sturdy and not cheap like rest of the companies out there. The picture quality, contrast ratio, brightness, sound and all the other features are outstanding and I, this technically savvy consumer is one happy camper.

Username: Ken3000

I, too, took a big breath and bought the Visco 37" from Walmart. I couldn't be happier with it.
Set it up next to a new Samsung 32" and the only difference I see is about $500. Great picture, not the best sound but I have it hooked up through a surround sound system so it doesn't matter. The piano gloss cabinet makes it look very upscale. Best-feeling remote I've ever used, heavy, smooth metal. The only LCD I've seen with a better picture is my boss's $4000 Sony Bravia.
I'd by another Visco in a minute. With a few new television technologies on the horizon (SED, OLED) I can't see the sense in spending a lot of money on any TV right now.

Username: Purduegirl

I got a Visco 32" tv 3 months ago.

Lately there has been a huge black rectangle covering the bottom half of the screen that shows up for a few minutes, then goes away for a few, and keeps returning. I can barely watch anything. There have also been little black squares in random areas of the screen too. What is this, and how do I get rid of it? Is this just what I get for buying a tv from Walmart??

Username: Ken3000

Post Number: 2
I had the black squares, too. It was the text setting in the closed closed caption option that I had accidentally turned on. Try turning off Closed Captioning on the Setup menu.

Username: Mjgoral

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I just bought two of these for my sons' game room so they can play both their gaming systems and it works great for them, good sound for what I paid for them. They were the 20" version from walmart and I bought them for 198.00 and they are worth every penny.

Username: Jad210

Yonkers, NY USA

I've just purchased the 'visco' lcd/hd tv from walmart. Great price!! but now i am having trouble with the color... when i try to get the people to look a natural color, all else on the screen looks bad... when i adjust backround colors etc. people look hot pink,, i have never had a problem adjusting color on a tv set before.. can someone help me. maybe there's something else to be done. thanks jad210}}}}

Username: Jad210

Yonkers, NY USA

I have another question for anyone who owns a Visco/hd ltd tv... It seems like the only channels that look good are the hd channels. The regular programs look like dark color negatives and or splotchy color that can't be corrected. anyone else out there having this problem?? help

Anyone know how to fix a loud humming sound coming from the tv? It makes the hum with both DVDs and cable- so loud I barely want to watch anything. Also, the remote has stopped working, even when the batteries changed. Other discussion boards have noted the same problems, but no constructive ways to fix it.

Username: Dultimate1

Bolivar, MO USA

This message is to answer the posting made by Jo-Anne Diaferia. There are several picture modes available for this LCD T.V. (ie. Cinema, Sports) The settings for Cinema and Sports, etc, are for the most part locked in for the settings under those picture modes. There is also a user picture mode in which you can totally adjust each setting to your liking. You can adjust the brightness, color, sharpness etc and it will also let you choose between cool and warm. I change my picture mode depending on whether we are playing video games or watching a movie. I have also noticed that some cable or sat signals can make a difference on what mode I feel looks better to me. I hope this helps.

Post Number: 3
DO NOT BUY A VISCO TV. I'd like to discourage anyone from buying a Visco tv. I have had the tv for 6 months and there is a loud humming noise that is louder than the volume of the program. Also, the remote on mine is dead, and apparently it is a common problem. When I try to get a hold of someone for tech support, all I get is a voicemail. I have left tons of messages and of course no one gets back to me. Basically if your Visco tv breaks down, which it most likely will, the warrantly is worthless because no one will be there to help you. I feel like I threw $700 down the toilet. Spend the extra money and don't make the same mistake I did.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 787
Thank god i bought a VISIO and not a VISCO.
Mine is a 42". GREAT TV!! I couldnt be happier with it.

Username: Dmac2000ws

i purchased my visco 32 inch lcd from walmart onlin in december 2006 and i have not one bad thing to say about it infact i am looking to purchase a 50 or 60 inch television (lcd) but the problem is the visco was so cheap in price and so detailed and sharp i dont want to spend alot of money when lcd's by a no or lesser name brand are just as good if not better. Like someone in an earlier post mentioned my 32 inch visco has more bells and whistles than most or all of the higher end brands that cost twice and thrice as much the only setbacks or problems i have with the tv is it has one hdmi port so i had to buy a hdmi port selector switch so now i have my playstation 3, xbox 360, computer, hd cable and hd dvd player connected to it, i wished i could have had atleast one more hdmi port but not a problem now and theother is the audio i have a 5.1 audio system hooked up to it so the sound from there is nice but just the regular sound from the tv is alright but it seems to tank out around the 30 level still having 20 more to go so there is no difference between 30 and 50. thats about it oh i as of yesterday i have noticed i have one dead pixel, it didnt freak me out hell when you buy an lcd tv of anybrand they have a disclaimer that the tv brand new might have 1 to 3 dead pixels upon buying it and it is not a reason to return the tv they say it is normal and all too common , well i had not one dead pixel when i got my tv and i coukd only tell because i had the cable off and the blue screen was on but for as uch as i put my tv through, computer, video games and tv all the time and only one dead pixel and a whole years plus use , hell i love it wouldnt trade it i visit the website regularly so when the do make a large screen i am on it big time.

Username: Augustgirl

I've had a 20" Visco LCD TV for a few months. Yesterday, I discovered there was no longer any picture, but the sound is fine. I have been through every menu option and reconnected all cables, but no success.
This happened once before and I was able to view a DVD from the player which is connected to the monitor -- then the TV channels were viewable after I turned off the DVD player. But no luck this time. The online user manual is useless.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Dave72

I have also had a 20" Visco LCD TV for a few months. this morning I turned it on and there was no picture. But it had sound. I unhooked the cable and put it through my dvd burner and hooked up to the component connection and it gets a picture. But I have to change the channels on the DVD burner.

Username: Amol

Aargh. Same here. It won't turn on anymore.

Post Number: 3
Yep, My Visco 20" TV doesn't work anymore. No matter what I do it still only has sound and no picture. Even bought a new Tuner for it and it only lasted about a month. I will never buy another Visco Product again....They Are JUNK!!!!! A waste of MONEY!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10324
you gotta love these people that make a thread about a problem tv. and then other people searching google get linked to this thread and create an account just to post their complaint. all you guys have like 1 and 2 posts. :-)

its like 1 zombie finds a dead guy and the horde comes rushing in and ravage the body. lol

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4057
I'd consider it a good thing. It could save someone doing research before buying a TV from ending up with crap.

Post Number: 4
Ok, so what..So hepling other people save their money. And Keeping them from buying a junk TV is like=
1 zombie finds a dead guy and the horde comes rushing in and ravage the body......Whatever!!!!

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10325
chill out here guys!!
i never said it was a bad thing!!
you guys are definitely helping spread the word on these faulty tv's.

i was simply making an observation on the INFLUX of newcomers who have the same problems because of search engines routing them to the same place on the internet.

sometimes i have a different way of saying things that is funny and makes sense to me but might come across negative to others...cant help it:-)

Post Number: 5
So, why didn't you say that in your original post. I mean what difference does it Make if you come in here and post 1 or 2 times.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10326
it doesnt, your missing the point. i was making an observation man. let it go bud:-)

the post number is what indicated that you guys were new and posting bc of your similar problems. thats it!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 222
I found some Visco parts here guys:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=visco

I've had a few 32" Visco TV's with a bad video board that would prevent them from powering on. It seemed like the bios was currupt. The above website was the only place I could find Visco parts.

Username: Viscoowner01

Tucson, Az

I am having a problem with hdtv signal it will not come in but at the same time reg tv comes in fine I;ve tried to unplug and turn on and off,with no success is there any one out there that can help and I forgot to metion I just have basic cable but there are some hd channels I recieved before but not any more and can some one tell me of a place I can get my TV fixed.
thx everyone
tucson,az

Username: Bxatwe

Philadelphia, PA USa

Hope you guys can help me, I don't know where to go at this point since I have no luck finding the VISCO website for contact. Here's my question, my son brought a VISCO 32 "LCD TV off craigslist, no remote control was included but he assumed he could get a universal remote or even buy a replacement remote but we had no luck with that, he insist that there are no power on buttons, etc on the tv itself, the front panel indicates, vol up, down, channel up down etc but no buttons are actually there, does this seem feasible. Those of you who have this TV can you help me out. Thanks

Username: Flatfenders

Are we talking about VISCO or VIZIO TV's here? Or are they the same?
I have a VIZIO with a problem. If I am in the wrong place, please let me know.

Post Number: 6
Talking about VISCO TV's........

Username: Hislopd

I had the humming and then eventual not able to turn on problem. Has anyone been able to fix the problem by replacing the power supply or power inverter?

Username: Aces1st

I have also had many Visco issues. The power source died so that had to be replaced to the tune of $200. Now the freakin remotes won't turn the tv on. Both the tv remote and my cable box universal remote won't turn it on. it really sucks! Anyone else have this problem??????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us