Just got a direct tv HD mpeg4 dish 3lnb's built in switch help

Username: Nextra

Ohio

Post Number: 7
i just got a brand new in the box direct tv high definition mpeg4 dish, with 3 lnb's and a built in switch i know that i can get 119 and 110 i dont know what the third bird is? is it just for the high definition or will i be getting more channels on this bird? i currently have a dish 500 with a dishpro twin lnb's i get 119 and 110 with no problems with the built in switch, will i have a problem with the switch on the direct tv triple lnb's? thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 244
best thing to do is leave it in the box dtv tripple lnb dishes are not good for dishnetpain to setup and youll be missing channels

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5421
Dump that new dish!...U will NOT get more satellites than the DP Twin 500 U now have..that new DTV dish is NOT for DN and will give U nothing but problems and NO more satellites unless u basically modify the entire dish..and add new LNbs etc, and U will have switch problems too..

Bronze Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 33
3 phase LNB for Direct TV.
The Middle LNB does not respond to all transponders
You will be missing most of the channels
So the best thing is to change your LNBs if you still want 119/110
This dish is great to get 3 SATs
with 3 LNBs you can get:
91, 110, 119 (pointed to 110) or
110, 119, 148 (Pointed to 119)
Hint 2 Circular LNB plus 1 Linear (for 148)

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 148
Hey nextra
Correction.
The Freq. for Echo on 148.o.W is Circular not linear.

Username: Nextra

Ohio

Post Number: 8
thanks 4 the info. i wanted to get a dish that would get high definition so i could get a high def fta box. but from what im hearing this direct tv dish is a piece of crap. should i get rid of this and get a dish 1000 for high def instead? or is it feasable to keep the dish and modify it to get what im looking for?

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 149
nextra
Here is what I suggest Dish 1000 will get you Charlie's four (4) birds.
First call this # 1-888-519-9595 0r vist their web site www.sadouun.com. I just purchased a Fortec Star FC 90 36" Dish from them (cost $65.00) They are also located in the state of Ohio. Hilliard, Ohio
Good people they will also help you with your questions.Hope this will help.LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us